Menu

reviews & complaints

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: With CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting complaints 7

Sort by:

Newest CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting reviews & complaints

2:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting Bad Service overall, from website to customer service

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are shady... spoke with customer service reps that refuse to escalate to supervisor. Absolutely, horrible customer service from both John and Princess. The website doesn't show when items are out of stock...I received a email saying the order was shipped including tracking number. Also, stated that if you dont receive your order in 3 days they refund you $25. I was told the supervisors name is Stephanie by csr John, she clearly needs to retrain her staff. I could clearly hear both reps John and Princess put me on mute, probably being coached by the supervisor. Worst company I've ever dealt with.

Desired outcome: Better customer service, refund my taxes...and considering my order didn't arrive within 3 days it didn't arrive at all I should be refund $25

2:08 pm EDT

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting False advertising it is not a Canadian Company

Use caution as you think you are ordering from a Canadian company, but that is not true. I was charged in USD, and the lights were bigger than I expected (I measured) when I processed my return I learned I was shipping to a US address. Very costly lesson, I am good at doing my homework before I make an online purchase, this one got the better of me should have searched the reviews better.

Desired outcome: It won't happen, however, refund for $174.30 CDN shipping would make me feel better and less bitter re the false adverstising/promoting they are a CDN company.

K
8:14 pm EST

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting Order [protected] placed 12/24/22

This order was placed 12/24. The items were listed as 'in stock will ship within 48-72 hours'. Received a notice my items were shipped 11/29. I decided on 12/05 to check on the status and 'Travel History' indicated shipment information was sent to FedEx at 12:07 pm on 11/29, then the order was cancelled by the sender at 1:08 pm that same day. FedEx tracking numbers indicate my order has NOT SHIPPED. I have paid for these items in full (*$1,797.23 to be exact. I tried to contact the company today at 7:25 est, which lists customer service operations until 5 pm pst. Unless math has changed, 7:25 est would be 4:25 pm pst. My phone call was answered by a response to call back during business hours (or something to that effect). THESE ARE THE LISTED BUSINESS HOURS!. Am I being scammed here? This is not the way to do business. I WANT MY PRODUCT AND I WANT IT NOW. I WANT AN APOLOGY FOR BEING (OBVIOUSLY INTENTIONALLY) MISLEAD.

Desired outcome: I WANT THE PRODUCT THAT SUPPOSEDLY WAS SHIPPED AND I WANT IT NOW. I WANT A RESPONSE AS TO WHERE MY SHIPMENT IS AND WHEN I SHOULD EXPECT IT. I WANT TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AS A CUSTOMER.

Hide full review

Is CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 14% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and email, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting has registered the domain name for canadalightingexperts.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Canadalightingexperts.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Canadalightingexperts.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several positive reviews for CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 14% of 7 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the canadalightingexperts.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
E
8:04 pm EDT

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting Caruso Blade set of ten oval palm

These are not what I expected these are so light and thin, they are not a fan blade. More like palm leaves that cannot withstand the force of a fan turning at any decent speed. I was buying replacement fan blades not decoration because that is all these are good not functional.

A
5:49 pm EDT

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting Return policy punishes Canadians

I purchased an item which doesn't fit and when I tried to return it, I was told I would have to pay for shipping it back (even when I was asking to purchase another (more expensive) product as a replacement).

Order #: 9487985
Purchase date: May 10/21

The item is undamaged, I already have an RMA and return instructions (please don't send me RMA instructions again - this is about return shipping costs!)

Desired outcome: Cover cost of shipping return

4:34 am EST

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting Bad company

When I made my order I thought that CanadaLightingExperts was a Canadian company and only later I found out that they were located in US!
I bought a set of lights from them and my order arrived damage. I wasted a lot of time talking to these guys and trying to get a refund. They didn't want to accept the lights back and everything they told me made no sense. They claimed they need to discuss that with their manager and when I asked them how much time do they need to do that they were not able to reply. They said they'll contact me back as soon as they decide what to do and assured me there was nothing to worry about. I believed them and that was a big mistake. I'm still waiting for something and I don't know what to expect, but it doesn't look like they are doing something to resolve my issue. I will never buy anything from CanadaLightingExperts again!

H
2:16 pm EDT

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting False advertising, fraud, scam alert.

Made a purchase $338. Company charged my debit card immediately. Next day, I received an e-mail telling me they are unable to fill my order due to "product no longer available from manufacturer". They didn't offer anotyer similar product or model by the same manufacturer and they DIDN"T REFUND THE MONEY, causing my debit card to be declined during the 4th of July holiday weekend. Five days later I had to file a dispute with my bank to get the money. 1stop took money unlawfully before shipping the product. During this entire time and to this date they continue to advertise the same product on Amazon and on their own website. This is a scam to use other peoples money and make them fight to get it back. This is unethical. It is what banks do on an even larger scale called "float". T1stoplighting advertises items they have no intention of delivering or completing their end of the bargain.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

CanadaLightingExperts / 1STOPlighting contacts