Camping World St Augustine FLdesperate salesmen

Me and my wife recently stopped by Camping World in St Augustine FL to look at Class A motorhomes. We just came from the beach and were dressed in shorts and sandals. We were approached by a salesman that asked us if we needed help. When we told him we were just looking and not purchasing that day, he drove us in a golf cart to the farthest part away from the Class A motorhomes and said "Go ahead and look, everything is un locked" and retreated back to the air-conditioned showroom. We were shocked. After looking for a bit we did see a coach that impressed us and asked for some information. The salesman (a different one) sat us down in his office and explained the unit we had inquired about. During the sit down, I asked the salesman if I could use his phone to check in at work. I am an on call nurse and my I had left my cell in the car. I made my call from his office and before we left, this salesman asked for our contact info several times. We refused and shook hands and left the dealership. During the next several days, this salesman called my work at least 5 times a day trying to contact me. He had recalled my work number from his office phone and attempting to solicit me against my wishes. He did not stop calling and leaving messages for 3 weeks. Then another sales manager started calling me at work. It was simply "harassment". I will never purchase anything from Campming World and will continue to tell everyone I know to watch out for these underhanded tactics used there to sell RV's .

• Br
    brother rick Apr 21, 2011

We left our travel trailer on assignment at Comping World of St Augustine. for 3 months. They were unable to sell the camper. The price in now know was to high. In the meantime, they stole tires, barbecue and weather station we had in it. When we went for the camper, we didn't notice that the tires were 3 different sizes plus recaps. We bought that camper brand new from them 4 years. So the tires were fine until we left it with them. Trust me, do not put your camper on assignment at Camping World of St Augustine. If you buy one of their camper, check it out completely.