Menu
Home Online Shopping Cabela's customer services fraudulent

Cabela's review: customer services fraudulent

G
Author of the complaint
8:14 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I discovered a charge on my card to this company for $134.99. I had never heard of Cabela. I called my bank and they directed me to call Cabela about it. I was directed to Cabela's "fraud department" which is probably just another customer service rep or their supervisor.

She was friendly at first but when I started asking questions she didn't want to disclose anything. She kept telling me it was against the "law". I told her that if her company charged me, surely I have the right to know who I was supposed to have sent the order to. She kept telling me it was against the "law".

I kept asking her, if this was a company policy or state or federal law. She just repeated it was the "law" which is a clear sign someone is lying. She finally admitted it was a "company law" not a state or federal law.

In my opinion, Cabela apparently is an accessory to this crime of fraud since it seems to be hiding the criminal under a "law" it has made up. It has instructed it's employees to tell people calling in about fraudulent charges it is against the "law" to disclose any information. This was clear duplicity, in my opinion.

I have never heard of this company. I tend to deal only with reputable companies.

More Cabela's complaints & reviews

Cabela's - unauthorized retention of personal, private data
Cabela's - 0% interest is misleading
Cabela's - failure to send rebate
Cabela's - customer service