Burgess Seed & Plant Co Logo

Burgess Seed & Plant Co

Having problems with Burgess Seed & Plant Co?

1804 E. Hamilton Rd.
Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Ripped off

Burgess Seed & Plant Co. do not seem to want to keep up their end of the deal. They get your money promise a...

Bad company

I ordered almost $200 worth of trees at ea. $7
and two different blueberry plants.
The screen showed the $7 blueberry in the ad
and invoice said it'd be 12-18 inches.
I received a 6 inch broken dead twig.
I planted it anyway, after three days nothing - got browner.
I wrote the eBurgess and complained - sent them
a photo and invoice copy for a replacment and they
wrote back saying I need the orignal shipping bag
(the one that was dirty and torn) of course
I didn't keep that - had I known!
no refund - no replacement.

rip off - false advertising! DON"T BUY FROM THEM!

Fraud

My husband Ordered one pack of serpent cucumber seeds Jumbo pack/$1.70 and Lemon Hybrid Tomato plants 12/$14.99.
ALl the plants were dead, bone dry and they weren't even packed right. I called them and they said we would have to send back the dead plants at our exspence. They are ripping us off and I can't even get a refund. Everytime we called them they gave us differant instructions and they can't even get that right. They exspect you to pay for all returns, which is also a rip off. This is the U.S. What ever happened to running an honest busines. THEY WILL NOT EVER GET ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.

A. Lee Lewis

Product and customer service

I ordered several plants through this company and, not only does it take forever to arrive, 50% of the plant...

Don't order from them

In early March I ordered several plants from this place expecting to receive them with 2-3 weeks...boy was I...

Wasted time

I use to be employed with burgess seed and Plant Company. I worked in the call centre, let me tell you this, they are horrible with customer service and once they have your money your in for a ride. Not a very good one at that.

They don't pay the shipping department what they should. So therefore when your packages are being sent out, they handle them extremely ruff. I will give you some of the most important information you will ever read... DON'T waste your time, money or effort, trying to order from them. I have seen their company from the inside, and it is just as bad as what people say and think.

• Pl
    Plant rip off Apr 23, 2009

I just ordered stuff from them 2 weeks ago and they charge your credit card on the spot and you wait, wait and wait. After e-mails to them all you get is the order is in there shipping department or that it will take 1 to 2 weeks to process the order depending on weather and product availability. When questioned about the early charge to your credit card they just ignore that with no comment at all. Also any contact you get from them they do not give a last name of who you are talking to on the phone and on the e-mail contacts all you get is "Customer Care" for whoever replied to you. I called my credit card company and enacted a dispute on Burgess for No product and or service provided and my credit card company said they were going to remove the charges instantly. Then e-mailed them a order cancellation notice with informing them that I will not accept any packages from them as informed to do by my credit card company.
    Somthing tells me from reading complaints from others that they will still pull some stunts and this matter is not over yet.
    The Ill. BBB has a huge amount of such complaints about Burgess all about this type of practice as well as DEAD/faulty products with warranty recovery scam. Also they have 10 companies under a umbrella Name.
    here you can also see in detail complaints on this company as well as my post.

Sandra bh Sep 03, 2018

I always buy Planters Deluxe mixed nuts because I don't like hazelnut or peanuts. Now I buy a can of said mixed nuts and to my dismay I find you have switched Brazil nuts for hazelnuts. Very unhappy in Illinois.

• Ra
    ratchoker Jul 09, 2019

Every plant I ordered from them (two seperate multiple orders) poorly packaged and never showed any life whereas all plants from other companies all lived and grew. No easy way to provide them input on this and tell them don't send me any more catalogs.

• Mi
    mike stubbs May 10, 2020

I ordered some plants last fall everything is fine except my sedum (3) sets for a total $13.47 plus my shipping they did not live thru the winter so I want to know what my options are at this point. I saved my order form etc.
    I have been calling but always get a busy signal. Please advise

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices