Burgess Seed & Plant Co Logo

Burgess Seed & Plant Co

Having problems with Burgess Seed & Plant Co?

Burgess Seed & Plant Co reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 17, 2008. The latest review I have been trying to reach for order place #568312 was posted on Apr 14, 2021. The latest complaint Deceptive practices was resolved on Aug 10, 2014. Burgess Seed & Plant Co has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 40 reviews. Burgess Seed & Plant Co has resolved 6 complaints.

Burgess Seed & Plant Co Customer Service Contacts

Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

Burgess Seed & Plant Co Complaints & Reviews

Burgess Seed & Plant CoI have been trying to reach for order place #568312

I have tried all phone #s I can find and always rings busy. I have sent email through contact us and had no reply. I do not even know if the order was received and being processed! No confirmation has been received.

It is 4/14 at 5:06 EST. If you can not get a response to me with 24 hours, please cancel this order! There are plenty of other companies that would appreciate a $173 order, I am sure.

Val Meadows
[protected]@msn.com
[protected]

Burgess Seed & Plant Cothornless loganberry #00599

received my order today 4721 pkg id#[protected] the items were correct however the item of 1 loganberry was shipped with no soil or anything to retain moisture on the roots it looks stone dead i took a picture before planting it hoping for a spark of life. i would like a replacement with dirt on the roots please. whoever packaged this should make it a policy to always put something to retain moisture in the package

Burgess Seed & Plant Codelivery

I placed on order in January, my credit card was charged on January 28th today is April 6, th and I have not gotten theplants that I ordered. I would very much like for them to send my order. I have tomatoes on my tomato plants which I did not order them from Burgess. I was assured my plants would be here in time for planting. My next step will be to my bank to reverse the charge

Burgess Seed & Plant CoOrder processing

I ordered 80 dollars worth of plants, On February 11, they charged my card and they have never sent me any plants. I have tried calling, the number only gives a busy signal, and they never respond to emails sent via their website customer number. I have complained to the Illinois customer complaint line, but my next step will be to contest the charges on my card.

Burgess Seed & Plant CoOrder placed in january, 2021

In early January 2021 I placed a telephone order with Burgess seed company. My credit card was charged January 28, 2021. Several weeks later I called the seed company to inquire of the status of my order. I was told it was on its way. Several weeks after that I telephoned the company again and was told the order would be shipped FedEx immediately.. Two weeks ago I telephoned again and asked for a refund of my $117.81. At that time a person named Katie informed me the order "was being processed". I was discouraged to seek a refund. Today, March 26, I still have no order. I am trying to get through to the company via telephone but I keep getting a busy signal. I will not make this mistake again. I will never order from Burgess again and I will tell all my gardening friends not to get burned like I have been. This is a poor way of conducting business.

• He
              Hearth Mar 30, 2021

I am having the same problem with the company. Phone line is always busy.

Burgess Seed & Plant CoPhone busy/ website lacking to hard to make an order

Called 7 times phone busy/ tryed website no way to make an order. Do you want my bussiness or not. If so get who evers on the only phone line OFF or fix your unuseable website. If not done by tommorrow I will take my money and bussiness elsewhere.
            I really do not believe you want my money. Now I have to complain with 350 words. WTF. THIS IS TOTALLY REDICULAS.

Burgess Seed & Plant CoOrder

Is there anyway to track an order from Burgess?
              Phone number listed is busy and no reply to email.
              Order has been paid but I am not happy that I can get no information on my order.
              I would like to know if I can expect anything soon or refund my money.
              It is growing time in North Carolina.
              I have other plants ready to go in the ground and I am waiting on a reply. Find alternative source? Cancel?
              Quit sending me catalogs if I am going to pay for an order and not get anything.

Burgess Seed & Plant CompanyHave not received seed order placed in early February.

I sent this company an order by mail on, I believe, February 9, 2021. Without shipping, state tax, and handling, the order of plants, seeds, and growth agent for tomatoes came to roughly $110.00 (I've kept the catalog to be on the safe side, but I don't have the exact order in front of me - I could piece it together, if need be). Included in the order was the credit card information. This evening my husband and I will check our records online to see if the charge has gone through. It should have, if they've been putting my order together. Burgess states in its website that products should be received within two weeks from the end of February upon placing an order for seeds, later for actual plants and roots according to growing conditions in various regions; they also explain availability of products as a factor and weather conditions related to shipping. I spoke with an operator when I called [protected] a week ago to check on the status of my order. She had me in her system as having placed the order, paid for it, the order being put together (at least the seeds), and my seed order being shipped out that same week. The plants would come later. All week long I checked for a package of seeds from Burgess, several times a day. I have yet to receive my order. Just this morning (March 8), I tried for fifteen minutes to reach the company by phone (contacting them via email for this issue has proven next to impossible), but all I get is a busy signal. Is something fishy going on? I placed my order as early as possible so that I could start germinating some of my seeds indoors (like tomatoes). Time is running out. Please look into this for me. Thank you.

Sincerely,
                Annette Ahlander

P. S.: I also include from the 2021 garden catalog the physical and email addresses of Burgess Seed & Plant Company: 1804 East Hamilton Road; Bloomington, Illinois 61704; www.eBurgess.com and [protected]@eburgess.com. AA

Burgess Seed & Plant Comy order pkg ID #[protected]

I just received my order and IT IS NOT what I order, I ordered N5531 elderberries @9.99 1pair, N6825 Perennial Giant Hibiscus @5 for 4.99, N6221 Chinese Wisteria @3 for 7.49, N6869 @3 for 5.99 Hardy English Lavender and got N6451 Lavender herb. I also received 6 pk of sweet basil, only order 2, and
                  you want to tell me for 17 packages of seeds is over $57.00, If this is what you get for all this, guess who WILL NOT order from you again.

Burgess Seed & Plant CoMy seed order

I placed an order for seeds for this spring planting (2020) on may 1, 2020. I spent $150.59 on this order. I received an email stating that the order would take 2-3 weeks to be processed and delivered. It is now july 17, 2020, and still no seed delivery from burgess seed company. I have sent 5 emails, and attempted to call the company 5 times! They reply with a standard email response that it totally generic in content. They do not answer the phone, it always rings busy. I am now sending an email every 3 days asking for a full refund of my money; still no response! I live in the northwest section of the usa; it is long past the ideal time to plant for my area of the country.
                    I will never order from burgess seed company again!!!
                    All I want from burgess seed company is for them to return my entire $150.59 to my bank account immediately!!! My online order # 1307571 from mrs. Sarah elizabeth binkley

Burgess Seed & Plant CoCheck cashed, no merchandise

I ordered in early May, check#3548 for $30.97. W have never received any merchandise. I should have read reviews.
                      I can't get through on phone number. No response from email. I want a refund.

• Updated by Terese Shermer · Jun 16, 2020

I placed order in late April 2020. My check#3548, 4/30/20. Check was cashed on 5/11/2020. I have yet to receive anything. The customer service phone number [protected] is always a fast busy and is no good. No response from email [email protected] burgess.com.
                          I want a refund.

Burgess Seed & Plant CoRefund on cancelled order

I placed an order in april and then got them to cancel order no.1306378. They cancelled order but took my money {101.70] any way. I have emailed them numerous times about this but get no response. Their phone must be off hook. They never answer and all you get is a busy signal. Any help will be welcome. Burgess seed does not give the consumer any way to resolve a problem.

Burgess Seed & Plant CoMissing plants and dead plants

I ordered 9 plants, not a lot, just 9 plants pm 3/19/20. I received the 2nd of 2 shipments - the plants on 4/30.
                          One blue clematis was NOT in the package. And 3 pink honeysuckles are dead - no green inside, planted since arrival as required and in rich soil. No sign of life on 6/1/20. I'm told to mail the original label.
                          WHY? I contacted Burgess by email many weeks ago AND I need the original label for the guarantee over the next year. I need a refund of the clematis and honeysuckle right now!

Burgess Seed & Plant CoDelivery of ordered products

ordered products april 22, 2020 order 1297412.
                            cannot reach them by phone (line always busy, even on Sunday, which leads me to believe there is something wrong with their phone number)
                            after 4 emails asking for delivery update- the only response, from 2 weeks ago was that they were "picking to fill the order" since, no response to other emails - only computer generated email saying someone will contact me in 2 -3 business days.
                            I have today sent an email cancelling this order

Burgess Seed & Plant CoGarden plants

These people can't count. Ordered sweet pepper collection with 20 plants for $24.99. Got 16 plants. Several of those were dead since they shipped during 20 degree temps. Won't make it right even though they admit they were out of the one pepper. Want us to pay for shipping dead plants back for replacement or refund. Refuse to answer emails. Crooks!!! Avoid.

Burgess Seed & Plant Coplant order not received

I placed an on June 10. After waiting and tracking the order, I finally saw it had been delivered to eburgess in Illinois and not me!. After several calls, I finally found out it was rejected by the Ag Inspectors and returned to them. I called and sent an email and required to cancel the order and request a refund. After waiting for almost 2 weeks, I received a refund of $20.98 on any order of $68.92. I called to ask about the reason and was told I was being issued a credit voucher for $46.96. I told the lady I did not want a credit voucher as for any part of my order as I would not be ordering from them again. She said to call back the next day and she would talk to someone in the office. I called back the next day and was told a reorder had been placed for some of the items! I told the lady again that I did not ask for a replacement order but a refund and cancellation of the order. Again she says she will have to submit more paperwork and I will have to call back in a week or 2 for an update! Not once did anyone contact me about a problem with my order! If I had not followed up with them, they had no intention of fulfilling or refunding my order. And I still think I will have to go thru my credit card company to get this resolved. I will give them one more week but then I am contacting my credit card company to take care of this. So even if you have ordered from this company in the past and had good results, please be warned, BUYER BEWARE! This is now just a scam company.

Burgess Seed & Plant Cowarranty

To me, this company is just a scam. Their warranty is totally stupid. In good faith, I thought Burgess would make sure you get live plants as replacements for the dead ones you first received, but instead all I got were dead plants again. What a waste of time and money! They have my $78, and all I ever received were dead plants. What a total scam! I suppose now and then they send people live plants so they will get some good reviews. If I didn't have a conscience, I could offer the same kind of warranty and scam people too. What a total racket! I want my money back!

Burgess Seed & Plant Coinferior plants

Never again. I ordered 186, 00 worth of plants, over half of them were so tiny that they died right away after planting (with proper care) They did not give cash refund for my claim was after 14 Ddays, they send my claims letter back and wrote on it "allow 6-8 weeks for growth" on 6/5/19, I never had a shipping label attached to the package but only a regular address label which they said was impossible etc, etc. they did offer replacement FOR MY CLAIMED $ 35.36 but I did not want the trouble with imperfect little seedlings again. I did place a complaint with the illinois attorney general. but will not get my money back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

Burgess Seed & Plant Cocustomer service

Ordered on March 22, 2019, total $38.25. Website said to allow about 3 weeks; it is now 7 weeks later. No plants; no contact from company about shipping date (or if it has even been shipped at all!), Called the single phone number given, throughout Monday & Tuesday (May 6th & 7th), but only a constant busy signal. No aequately staffed call center?; no multiple phone lines?

Burgess Seed & Plant Co4 #6976 sweetie tomato plants, #7705 black tomato plants, 4 # 7775 brandywine tomato plants

First off I sent an email to their customer service and complained that all of the tomato pants were dead all shriveled up but one Sweetie plant. They told me that they were dormant and I should transplant them and water them. There is nothing left of the plants too show you. They were dead because whoever packaged the tomato plants folde the stems over and stapeled the bar so tight it caused the stems to get crushed.
                                        Package label id#[protected] tracking number under bar code is 29773493802119353B I would like replacement plants if I could get them by Friday of next week. I have tried to call your phone number many ok many times all time of the day and all I get is a busy signal. I also emailed two more times and no one replies. I would appreciate a call from your manger Alan Weiss [protected] so I can get some tomato plants planted soon
                                        Terrible Customer Service