Builders Warehousesame product that was priced differently at different builder's without informing me beforehand

L

Hi

On January 23, 2018, I went to Builders Atterbury to purchase a "Marlene 900 2 door vanity Cabinet Mahogony [protected])" that was on display for R4300 (see attached photo)
The employee told me they do not have in stock. So I asked him (he did not offer) to phone the other branches to see if they have in stock. In the end, the Gezina branch confirmed they had in stock, but they are unwilling to bring it to the Atterbury branch and I have to go there and collect myself.
I saw the exact vanity at CTM, but their price was R4999. So I decided it's worth it to travel the far distance to Gezina as it was R700 cheaper than CTM.
I sent my husband to go buy it, but did not mention the price. He came back with it and I realised he paid R5499 for it!!!

How could the price differ by R1200?!!!

So first of all, why do you have things on display if you don't have stock?
Secondly, why are your branches unwilling to transfer stock to each other?
Thirdly, how can the exact same product differ by such a huge amount?
Fourthly, I feel that the employee should've disclosed that there is a R1200 price difference, before we went all the way to Gezina, because then it would've been better for us to go buy the one at CTM.

I would really appreciate feedback on this, and feel it would be only fair for you to refund me the R1200.

Regards,