Bridgevinefraudulant practices

I ordered cable through with an offer of a rebate of $125.00. when I received the rebate form, it stated that it expired 3/3/09. I did not contact bridgevine until 2 weeks after that date and they never told me that it was too late. They told me how to get form and just told me that I needed to have it installed prior to 3/31/09. which I did. I was supposed to mail the first bill in with the form, however, when I received the form I then learned that it had expired. After going on line to check on bridgevine, I. found numerous complaints about the same thing or similar

• veromark Jun 18, 2009

Terri,

I work at Bridgevine and may be able to help you resolve this issue. We had a problem with the company that was handling our rebates and you may have gotten caught in the middle. I know "not your problem" Email me your confirmation code and I'll personally look into this issue.

mark.[protected]@bridgevine.com

• Js
    J. Skopek Sep 21, 2009

I ordered Qwest DSL May5, 2009, received a thank you letter from Qwest on May 08, 2099. I installed the DSL on May 08, 2009. Sherry McVane contacted me and told me how to print out the Offerwire Rebate form, which I did, and gathered all the necessary info that was required, and it was posted in the 90 days of the service (received 7/07/09) order date.The rebate only valid with with the purchase of Qwest residential service on or after, offer expires 5/31/2009 and redemptions must be postedmarked within 90 days of service date. Service must be activated before 6/30/2009 to qaulify. This is what was on the rebate form.

So, what happened to the rebate? I received a post card from Bridegevine, stating that installation and activation of my service was not within the specfied time. Now, I suppose to resubmit this card and and validating information to them be 9/9/09. GREAT! I got back from vacation and to find this after the date of 9/9/09. So now what do I do?

All the correct info was sent the first time, and in my opinion was't processed correctly. I should have expected this, as after ordering the DSL I contacted Bridgevine, several times and was told the order was canceled. I f that is so, then who sent the installation kit and modem.

I really think that there should be somewhere we can go to have this matter settled and quickly. I also think that representatives give out confusing information, and are not in my experience very custer service oreinted. There were several that I thought were jsut plane rude!

IF there is help out there to solve this matter, I'm all ears!

J. Skopek

• Dr
    Dr J Oct 20, 2009

I agree wholeheartedly. Bridgevine engages in business that borders on fraud and criminal bait-and-switch. All efforts to get it resolved are a dead end, usually requiring you to start all over - and end up with nothing.

I moved to Ojai mid-June, and took advantage of an opportunity to get Cable and Internet via Time Warner. I saw an ad that promised rebates, including the cost of a wireless router and $100 rebate on service. I had to get the service through Bridgevine (or OfferWire) - which I did, and it had to be done before the end of June, and it was. The only other aspect was you needed to have 2 months service before filing for the rebate. So I waited, and then sent in all the appropriate paperwork and receipts.

A full month later, I received a post card saying "we could not honor your request due to the following reasons" - "Installation and Activation of your service was nolt within the specified time of the rebate."

This was a baldfaced lie, and I have the paperwork to prove it. I phoned to complain, and a "supervisor" said that she had been missing some information, but now that I gave it to her, it would be OK. Several weeks later, I received another pair of post cards, "invalidating" my rebates for the same phony reason. I called again, spoke to yet another supervisor. She said that Time Warner didn't get back to them. -- Time Warner didn't get back to them???!!! And I'm supposed to believe this? I have copies of the receipts! What do they need Time Warner for anyway?

Well, now it's gone to one of these phony "I work for Bridgevine" people who want to help me. Except it's just one more person who is non-responsive and a liar.

I plan to complain directly to Time Warner, since they indirectly enable or authorize Bridgevine. Maybe if enough people complain, Bridgevine will have to find an honest way to make money.

Until then, I can't urge you strongly enough: Stay away from them. Their offer sounds too good to be true because it isn't true.

M Janover

• veromark Dec 22, 2009

M Janover,

I can assure you that I am no phony "I work for Bridgevine" person. I have helped many people get their rebate issues resolved quickly. Try emailing me your information and let me help. Perhaps if you had taken my advise for my previous post you wouldn't be having this problem.

mark.[protected]@bridgevine.com

• Co
    Concerned_99 Feb 10, 2010

Can anyone out there testify that they were actually helped by Mr Ballard ?

Concerned

• Wv
    wvy65 Feb 11, 2010

I would also like to know if Mr Ballard actually helped anyone...please post proof or it didn't happen!

• veromark1 Feb 24, 2010

wvy65,

I can assure you that I have been able to help many people get their issues resolved.

• veromark1 Feb 24, 2010

Here are a just a couple of the posts on this site to prove my point. Copy and paste them into your browser to read them.