Breyers Ice CreamTerrible experience

Breyers Ice Cream executives can't add because 1.5L is not 1/2 gallon... 1.89L is 1/2 gallon. So they are screwing the consumer out of honest value for the money, just like the oil companies! I won't buy this product if they give it to me free of charge... they lost a good customer... they can stick this on their profit margins... ###s!... and its only ice cream! You simply can't expect that no one will notice and that your competitors are not going to make a better product and hold the line on pricing!

• Js
    jskiba Mar 13, 2009

I was just eating the oreo ice cream from Breyers and started to swallow it, and almost choked on a dime. Check your ice cream people!!
    Jamie

• Su
    Sue Michalik Mar 16, 2009

I just purchased checker flag ice cream and it tastes like it has sand in it.

• Ad
    adam finney Aug 13, 2009

Not to mention, the Tara Gum they decided to add, makes the ice cream taste like the other cheap brands. Why should I buy Breyer's, when the other brand is cheaper and contains the ### gums Breyer's has chosen to add? We bought Breyer's because it was REAL ice cream.

• Je
    jennifer dyke Oct 27, 2009

hi the ice cream that i love so much now i don't like at all cause this ice cream taste like butter cookies and cream taste like butter not satisfied at all and it was duble churned and it is gross i am 14 and i like my ice cream just like the next kid that likes ice cream so i know that i'm never going to buy that brand name again

• Op
    opinionsrpoison Dec 02, 2009

I just bought a contanier of Breyer's last night and now, I wanna eat some and it is frozen like a brick and it cut my fingers trying to get some out. I go to take a bite, the texture is like there is sand pieces everywhere, and it doesn't melt, like it would if it was ice. And it also tastes like cardboard. I am very disappointed. I wasted good money on name-brand ice cream, for a crappy product. I could have spent a lot less for a way better product. I'm never going with them again.

• Wi
    Willsoda Feb 28, 2010

This fairly new sand recipe sucks!!! I hate the texture!!! Where on Earth did Breyers get the idea that sand is fun to eat? Breyers has managed to 'fix something that wasn't broken' and thus destroying a good product. Share holders will lose alot of money on this because word is quickly getting around, and Breyers cannot keep up with their competetors in my area, Breyers should really make some corporate level changes starting from the top, this decision was a top level decision and those responsible should answer for this foul up. I suggest that Breyers fix this problem before they lose more consumers, I was a loyal customer, but now, I will never buy Breyers again unless the fix this problem and announce it, on the other hand, if Breyers sticks with this new horrible textured ice cream, they should rather call it Breyers Sand cream,

• Mo
    MonkoftheFunk Apr 06, 2010

Ha I agree, I thought it also tasted like butter though when you think of it, its "Cookies and Cream" and when you think of it as a Cream taste it makes it fine. Thanks for posting, I thought something was wrong it was nice to see that I wasnt alone.

julie007 Jul 20, 2010

Breyers is the worst icecream ever! It breaks off in clumps. Just awful!! Never again. And absolutely NO taste. It sucks!!!

julie007 Jul 20, 2010

Once again, breyers sucks so bad. it is definitely a waste of calories. we threw our out!!! this company is gonna go outta business before they know it!!!

• Mr
    mr.longpants Aug 16, 2010

i am so tired of Breyer’s giving me excuses about why, upon opening, their ice cream containers are NOT FILLED. I call their customer service number each time, and get various excuses – today to be told that the containers are “filled by weight – 48 ounces” — yet i find that some are filled all the way to the top – and others have huge gaps of space – 1″ deep – and 1/2″ to 1″ wide.

I have never had this issue with Edys’ – just Breyer’s

animemommy Sep 27, 2010

We bought some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough last night and each had a cone of it. It was hard to put in the cone, because it wouldn't mold and was powdery/sandy like. Tasted kind of weird. Now we have bad stomach aches/diareah/bloating and totally feel like crap. Had to be from the ice cream cause that was the only different thing we both ate. Never will purchase this again. Funny how you can't find any kind of contact information on their site... gotta get the number off the container. Definatley will be calling them asap.

safemode Nov 30, 2010

Why can't we buy Breyers Ice Cream in chain stores like Price Choppers, Food Basic's and Solbeys.These chains stock all of the other brands of other companies.we live here in Toronto Canada.

• Pr
    PRICE2405 Nov 18, 2011

i just bought some Beyer's ice cream and it tasted like there was sand in it and it made my lips and tongue and throat tingly and burn a little and it taste real sour i am very dissatisfied with Beyer's

• So
    SongEmu Dec 05, 2011

Yo, I'm so glad this came up on a google search. Now I know I'm not crazy.

• Um
    umerxxbvchf675 Jul 03, 2012

bought some breyers creamy vanilla and it tastes like it has sand in it

• Li
    liveonerke Feb 12, 2013

For years I have refrained from buying Breyers because the package kept shrinking as the price continued to rise. Last night I had a coupon and it was on sale at Kroger, so I treated myself. OMG! What have they done to the formula? It used to be sugar, milk and cream. It now contains all the guar gum, high fructose corn syrup and the other garbage that ther cheap brands have and the texture is SLIMEY. Now I notice that it is no longer ice cream, it is "Frozen Dairy Dessert". Striking get another major brand off my list. First they rip us off by reducing the size, now it is just a bunch of chemicals and preservatives.

• Sp
    spinningbackkick Jul 06, 2013

Breyers is disgusting now. I used to only buy Breyers because it was very affordable when on sale and tasted good. Hagen Daas was always better but 2x the price about. I didn't even mind it when Breyers shrunk their container. But when the taste became borderline gross, I still didn't give up on Breyers for many years until NOW. I train and workout a lot (amateur fighter), and good ice cream is my only vice.I need to at least enjoy if it's going to negate so much of my hard work at the gym. I'm cheap, so once in a while, I go for some Hagen Daas when it's on sale. But now, I've noticed that other brands priced the same as Breyers ($2.50-2.99 per tub), taste considerably better than Breyers...like Turkey Hill, Friendly and even GIANT supermarket brand.

• Ps
    psu258 Sep 21, 2013

Wow! I just had my first Mint Chocolate Chip Breyers Ice Cream (if you wanna call it ice cream) taste since I can remember as a teenager. The tara gum and whey they have added causes it to mask the original true natural taste of Breyers. In fact, I didn't care for it and threw out the rest of the gallon product. Too yucky and unnatural. Pays to check ingredients these days since manufacturers are more concerned with cost and profit, not consumers health and vice versa. What's next sodium laurel sulfate in foods next? This is why there is so many cancers and health ailments showing up at an earlier age regardless if it doesn't run in your family tree. Today you must be your own watch dog.

mands_m Dec 15, 2014

Once again Breyer's has disappointed me with it's sad excuse of ice cream... that is all.

• Al
    alicearrow May 03, 2015

I ate Breyer's all the time just 7 or 8 years ago. Started getting it again recently and have been very disappointed. I thought it was still natural. We got chocolate chip cookie dough today and the cookie dough chunks taste like something I cannot place...only it's not food. They taste like wooden sticks you get with popsicles. That is the first thing that comes to mind.

• St
    stoneshape Aug 08, 2015

Sandy texture - that doesn't melt !!! Long time consumer of Breyers Mint Chip. Latest quart had a sandy texture. I tried this test - I applied a coating of the ice cream to a piece of paper and allowed it to dry - result felt exactly like sand paper - just as hard and scratchy. I had Cramps and Diarrhea after.

Christina83661 Sep 05, 2015

I just purchased 2 i/2 gallons of breyers ice cream. I dished up a bowl and found 2 medal pieces in the ice cream. luckily did not break a tooth or swallow them.

• Pe
    Peej2016 Sep 08, 2015

Oreos & cream is fake cookies and fake cream!!
    What happen to such a wonderful brand of ice cream and why lie about using oreos.
    Just call it cookies and fake cream.
    So sad... used to be the best ice cream.:{

Mark Rochefort Apr 16, 2016

I thought it was a fluke... the sandy texture... now I see others felt the same. I don't know which brand cane first, dreyers or breyers... but dreyers is my brand now and it's really good... creamy and no sand. how does breyers stay in business... unless eating it makes you remember good times... on the beach???!!!

• Mo
    Momama Aug 20, 2016

Breyer's used to be the best ice cream with only a few real natural ingredients on the list. Now the ingredients list is long and the ice cream tastes fake. And the new Gelato Indulgences -- even worse. Takes like flavored corn syrup. Horrible! We bought 2 different flavors and threw them both into the garbage ($8+ down the drain!) Our local market doesn't even carry the "good stuff" anymore, only the new Gelato Indulgences. Very frustrating! Sorry, Breyer's, we used to be big fans, but no longer. You've really blown it.

charlotte diane Aug 24, 2016

Butter Pecan used to be my very favorite flavor of your ice cream. I bought some last week after not having in quite a while. First off I had a hard time finding any pecans. It used to be loaded with nuts. Secondly, the nuts that were in there had a rancid taste which gave the ice cream itself an off taste. It was not the creamy texture that I remember but was grainy. Needless to say, I was very disappointed and will not be spending my hard earned money on your sorry product!!

• Do
    Doug Gale Aug 28, 2016

Their cookies and cream ice cream is crap. I threw it in the garbage. never had such bland flavorless icecream before. I won't be buying any of their products. have you seen the hurdles they get you to jump over to give them feedback? they want me to go in the kitchen and dig through the garbage can to get the upc code which is required? they obviously couldn't care less what their customers think.

• Us
    user1679169 Jun 07, 2017

I ate Breyers ice cream and I damn near died. I started shooting green slime out all my orfices until i passed out on the floor twitching. When I woke up I noticed I came all over myself.

• Bo
    Bobbie82 Aug 15, 2018

While eating a bowl of your mint chocolate ice cream I bit into something hard. It ended up being a piece of black plastic roughly the size of the chocolate pieces in the ice cream.

Marquita Smith Aug 15, 2018

Found a pecan shell in ice cream and almost choked on it.

• La
    Lance Cove Aug 20, 2018

When I opened the ice cream container there were large gaps on two sides. There was definetely ice cream missing. The container was sealed and it didn't appear to be tampered with. You will see this in the pictures. There is no way that this is normal. I realize that the product is sold by weight but this was ridiculous.

Markmnh Aug 20, 2018

Just purchased 2 natural vanilla 1.4lt ice cream tubs.
    No flavor and the product is crystallized!
    What a waste of 30USD.

• Al
    Alyssa Ham Aug 21, 2018

I bought the cookie dough ice cream and ive gone through the whole container and there wasn't one piece of cookie dough!!! That's the only reason why I bought it!!! I didn't want just vanilla.

Julie rutta Jul 27, 2019

I bought a container of mint chocolate chip today and there was only one chip in the whole container. This is my favorite ice cream and was quite disappointed. Thank you
    Julie rutta

• Ji
    JimMeek12 Nov 10, 2019

The chocolate covering only covered half of the bar instead of all the way to the bottom on 2 boxes that we got from Walmart.

I do still have both boxes if you need the batch numbers or other identifying information.

-Jim