Having problems with Brach's?

Brach's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2014. The latest review Candy Corn was posted on Nov 10, 2021. Brach's has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 551 reviews. Brach's has resolved 0 complaints.

Brach's Customer Service Contacts

1 Tower Lane № 2700
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brach's Customer Service. Initial Brach's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brach's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brach's. Discuss the issues you have had with Brach's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Brach's Complaints & Reviews, Page 22

8/22/17
my husband brought home our favorite candy for a treat tonight. we opened the bag and found NOT MAPLE NUT GOODIES. some slick outside covering, that was almost slimy. the inside was hard as rocks, tasted similar, but different consistently. candies were smaller in size as well. we WILL NOT be buying this treat again, sadly. shouldn't have changed the recipe...
change the recipe and let us know you did?

Brach's Candymaple nut goodies

I am a big fan of Brach's Candies, BUT, we bought 4 bags of the above named candy Goodies and they are so hard, it broke one of my false teeth off. I am a 100% service connected disabled Vietnam era veteran and the VA will fix/repair the damage, but I'd like to know why has the candies I have been so happy with went bad/sad and much smaller in sizes. These Goodies we bought are no more than candy coated ROCKS! Plus they are smaller than they use to be, but cost more than they use too. I know times change but how can Brach's do this to so many people that grew up enjoying the products? I will say this, I called to speak to customer service, of course I spoke to no one, no one to take/answered the call/complaint. I hope Brach's takes care of this problem with a full refund or at least send us FRESH Maple Nut Goodies that we thought we were buying. My tooth is another story, my attorney says to contact Brach's first, so here I am.
    Regards, Gary T. Hayes, Sr.

2 Responses
      • Ca
        CaroleJGardner Jan 26, 2018

Maple Nut Goodies used to be my favorite candy and I bought it on a regular basis. However, I will not be buying it any more. What in the world have you done to this candy! It is too hard to eat! Never again! I threw both bags in the trash!

• Co
        Connie Pawlowski Sep 03, 2017

What has happened to this very favorite candy ? It is so hard that I have chipped a tooth in trying to eat them. Very disappointed thinking maybe this is something that has just happened but when I went to your complaint site. I found many other comments like mine! Have you changed the formula? They are not expired best by 1/1/2018 batch # 7D03CCBB314
        Really am disappointed in my very favorite candy! Hope you can tell me what happened??

Brach'sbrach's nut goodies

I just bought a bag of nut goodies at Meijer on 8-17-17. We were excited to see them at the store. This is a new Meijers in Escanaba Mi. The nut goodies were so hard we could not eat them. We were very disappointed. Please resolve our complaint as you wish. I wish you would still have your candy made in the U.S. This is the second time this has happened.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I bought maple nut goodies at Walmart in Findlay, Ohio on 8/20/17. The outside melted off and the inside is so hard and chewy that they tasted stale. I was looking forward to this treat but was really disappointed unfortunately. These have been a favorite of our family's for a long time. I would love to enjoy a fresh bag made correct or my money back at least.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I just purchased a bag of maple nut goodies today 8/20/17 from Walmart. I literally almost chipped a tooth. It was so hard and super stale. Such a huge disappointment this was the only candy I have been in the mood for! I would appreciate a refund or a fresh bag. Brach's guarantees freshness!! I shouldnt have to write a huge paragraph explaining this was obviously a bad batch!

maple nut goodies

1 Response
            • Wh
              Whothehellcaniuse Aug 25, 2017

Bought maple nut goodies on 8-7-17 and they were the worst candies we have had. Such a disappointment. They we a lot smaller in size than they were in the past. They melted in our hands just taking them from the package and after looking in the package they were melted inside
              of the package. The nut goody inside was so hard they couldn't be chewed. Please make this right for all the dissapointed customers.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I purchased the Maple Nut Goodies on 8 15 17 the expiration date on them has February 12th 2018. The candy was very stale hard and impossible to eat. I threw away the rest of the candy. These are my favorite candies and I was very disappointed to find that they were not up to your standards. Please send a coupon to replace the Maple Nut Goodies. I brought 3 packs and all were hard and stale. I buy these all the time and this is the first time this has happened to me. I am very disappointed.Please send response to [protected]@yahoo. Com.
            Thanks

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I've purchased these for many, many years of my life and they have been one of my absolute favorites. The last couple I've purchased was TERRIBLE and I'm going to throw them away. The purchases were at two different locations and they the dates were not expired.

You've changed the recipe!!! And NOT for the good!!
              I will NEVER buy another bag of these!

PLEASE, PLEASE go back to the old recipe and STOP changing it. Do not try to re-invent the wheel! If it works then leave it alone!

If and when you go back to the old regular recipe, then send me a couple of bags to replace the terrible ones I am throwing away - and THEN I will start buying them again.
              Thanks so much,
              Carole James
              8315 Weathervane Circle
              Indianapolis, IN 46239

Respond

Brach'sfood quality or lack thereof

Brach's Lemon Drops 9oz bag $3.29

quality control number
                6K04VR1073
                by the expiration date
                11 / 02 / 18

They taste like Raid bug spray has been spray on them
                then allowed to dry before packaging because they
                aren't wet, but the outside that is usually covered in
                a dry layer of sugar crystals is instead - a bit gooey.

I ate 4 and spit the 5th one out. Then I checked the
                bag to see if it looked tampered with, it looked intact,
                but I noticed before I opened it, that the usual air pockets
                that occur with normal packing were not present.

carol.[protected]@yahoo.com
                I would like a refund if possible
                but more importantly is if you could check the quality control
                at the facility where it was made or check the cameras at the
                distribution center and the CVS security cameras to see if
                someone tampered with it Thank you
                I will save the rest of the package and recp't in case you want it.
                Carolyn Simpson
                2818 Caribbean Dr
                Mesquite, tx 75150
                [protected]

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I have been looking for the "real" Nut Goodies for the last several months. I've bought several containers, even though they didn't look right, and each time I've had to throw them away. They tasted funny, coating on the outside was weird and had an odd mouth-feel, but the worst part was how hard they were! I swear I thought I would break a tooth!! So, needless to say, into the trash they went; what a waste of my money...twice!
                  Finally I asked someone at the bulk store if they had changed suppliers and she said no, you can thank Brachs for changing their recipe!! WHAT??? I'm 63 and have been eating nut goodies for many, many years! WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE/RUIN THEM NOW!?!? Please, please bring back the original recipe!!!

Brach'smaple nut goodies

Maple nut goodies have been part of my family tradition for over 30 - 40 years. In planning for a family event, I purchased 5 - 20 oz bags. Yesterday, I could not resist any longer and opened a bag in advance of our event. Much to my surprise and disappointment, the candy was different. The coating was soft and melted in my mouth right away and the center was hard as a rock. Thinking this must be a "bad" bag, I opened a second bag looking for a different expiration date. I quickly discovered the same issue with the product inside. This is definitely not the product I was expecting or have loved for so long. First, I hate to be the bearer of the bad news to my family that the candy is no longer even edible. Second, I just wasted a bunch of money on a product I don't even want to eat.

I completely understand the need for change and product improvement. However, I consider this a big mistake in the product evolution of the Maple Nut Goodies. Please consider a formula change back to the product we have grown to love.

Respond

Brach'sthe quality of maple nut goodies

I absolutely used to love eating and sharing a huge bag of mape nut goodies with friends and family . I grew up in Kentucky with 10 children in our family. so we were very poor but ...a few times a year our mom and dad would treat us to BRACHS MAPLE NUT GOODIES .AND THEY WERE SO GREAT. But I'm not sure what has happened to the process of making the candies but they are hard as a rock .I have purchased them from different stores because I thought that maybe they were not being stored correctly and that they would be better . But they all were the same .I purchased some from Walmart in Middlesboro, Ky at least 3 times. Some from the dollar general store in Harlan, Ky. And even some from food city in Tazewell, Tn. and they were all horrible .I really hope and pray that you (brachs) fix this problem.beause I cant keep wasting my hard earned money on stuff that I have to throw away .Please send me some fresh candy. I HAVE THROWN AWAY 2 FAMILY SIZE BAGS AND AT LEAST 4 SMALL BAGS . Thank you for accepting complaints and recommendations. I can say that I have never took the time to write a company a complaint about a product . But I just felt like maybe you all didn't know that the candy was so bad after being so good for so many years.

Brach'sbrach's maple nut goodies

Hi, I just got a bag of your Maple Nut Goodies from Menard's Omaha, NE on August 5th 2017. The date on the bag shows best by 01/22/2018 and they are nothing like the Maple Nut Goodies that I have gotten in the past. They are soft feeling on the outside and as hard as a rock on the inside...This is the second time This has happened to me, its kind of hard to find them sometimes so when I go somewhere and see them i buy them...and the last few times if have just thrown them away...whats up with the hard inside...

Brach'smaple nuts

I have enjoyed Maple Nuts for fifty plus years. Something has changed and it is not good. I have purchased the product several times the last few months and have been very disappointed. The product still taste good but the inside of it is like chewing extremely hard wax. Please repair the product and return it back to the old quality product I have been use too.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I just got a bag of your Maple Nut Goodies from Wal-Mart here in Crystal River Florida on Aug.03, 2017. The date on the bag shows best by 02/05/2018 and they are nothing like the Maple Nut Goodies that I have gotten in the past.
                            They are soft feeling on the outside and as hard as a rock on the inside. The ones I have had for years were soft on the inside.
                            If you changed the way you are making them now I will tell you that I will never buy them again. If this is a bad batch please replace them for me or send me a coupon for the cost of the 14OZ bag.
                            I am hoping that this is just a bad batch and not the way you will be making them from now on. I remember having them at my grandmothers house when I was a kid, I am now 71 years old.

Waiting to hear from you.
                            John Lake
                            1531 N. Timbercrest Way
                            Crystal River, Florida 34429

Home Phone [protected]

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I have 4 14oz bags of the maple nut goodies, I buy in bulk cause they are so good, that are so hard in the middle in every bag, I can't eat them. They have never been hard, always soft and chewy. I don't know what happen, why they changed, but I'm not happy with the way they are. This is one of my favorite candies and I have no desire to buy them if they are going to be this way! Please get the candy back to the way they were! I bought all bags at Wal-Mart in 2 different towns, same result!!

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I purchased a 14 Oz. Maple Nut Goodies today (7/31/17). They are horrible. The outside is a funny color and they are all stuck together and they are so hard you can't even chew them. I have bought these for years and have never had a batch like this. The expiration date is 1/1/2018. I certainly won't be buying these again. They aren't fit to eat at all!!!

Brach'smaplenut goodies

I purchased a 14 oz bag of candy at Walmart in Georgetown, Ky July 28th
                                  the candy taste very old and it is all stuck together and it is a different color
                                  it really taste old. I would like a refund...
                                  Can you tell me if the candy has been changed, I have bought it for years
                                  and this is the first time I have ever tasted anything like this.

My phone # [protected] Karen Howard

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I am sad to say that we were disappointed in the way you now make your maple nut goodies. My family has eaten this candy for years. We have recently purchased the candy numerous times thinking that we may have purchased a bad bag. They have all tasted he same.

The outside of the candy previously was hard which in turn helped keep the inside of the candy softer. Now the outside layer is softer and the inside is so hard and makes it difficult to chew.

Please consider changing back to the old recipe that we all loved.

Sincerely,
                                    Sandy Ganzer

Brach'smaple nut.

The candy was horrible. It was hard and stuck together. I am very upset. This is my third bag. Will not buy any more. Very bad product. I almost broke a tooth. I love Brachs but would not recommend it to anyone. I am tempted to go to the media about my experience. I normally don't complain but had to if it would stop someone from experiencing the horror.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I bought a package of maple nut goodies [protected]. This is the second time I have noticed this in the last month or so. They used to have a smooth maple flavored outside with a crunchy middle. These last two packages are about half the size they used to be. The outside is a gooey soft texture and the inside is like biting an into a jawbreaker. I have been eating them all my life. I am 74 years old and something has changed here recently. I noticed on the back of the pkg is a note saying produced with genetic engineering. What does that mean? Has Ferrara Candy Company just took over the making of this candy? I 've never looked at who makes it until it ceased being the good candy I was used to. If this is your best then I will stop eating your candy. I'm not looking for a refund but would love to have my old goodies back. Sincerely Zack Taylor Amarillo Tx