Having problems with Brach's?

Brach's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2014. The latest review Candy Corn was posted on Nov 10, 2021. Brach's has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 551 reviews. Brach's has resolved 0 complaints.

Brach's Customer Service Contacts

1 Tower Lane № 2700
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brach's Customer Service. Initial Brach's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brach's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brach's. Discuss the issues you have had with Brach's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Brach's Complaints & Reviews, Page 23

Brach'sclassic candy corn

I am beyond upset. Today I bit down on a small thin wire that was coming from the piece of candy. My tooth is now hurting! I called in to the customer service center and sent an email stating what happened. The woman I spoke to (by the name of Destiny), was very very unprofessional with me and made me feel as if I placed the wire there and asked what I wanted in return. I was made to feel as if I wanted money or I was on a mission to scheme the company. I felt extremely uncomfortable and disrespected. She was very rude.

Respond

Brach'sI really enjoy brach's maple nut goodies

The maple nut goodies is one of my favorite candies, but this is the second bag of candy I have purchased and the candy is so hard you can not bite or chew it. I checked the Best buy date and it was well within range. It seems like your freshness guarantee could use some quality improvement of the product. This product was purchased in the week of 7/17/17. The Best buy date is 12/14/2017. A number above the best buy date is 7C16BB182. I hope this will help you . Thank you

Brach'smaple nut goodies

What in the world happened to my favorite treat? We have lived overseas the past year, and I have come back only to discover that Maple Nut Goodies are now tiny, chewy, slick, stuck-together, stale, with a hint of what it used to taste like. Please change the recipe back to the original, or I fear that you will lose customers. We purchased a "best by" 01/15/2018 from Dollar General and will not be buying any more. According to all of the complaints, it is not a specific store problem, but a world-wide crisis for the beloved Maple Nut Goodie. RIP. -Maryanna

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I decided to indulge myself and buy a bag of Maple Nut Goodies - 14oz. Totally disapointed with the quality of the candy. The candy was hard and tasted stale eventhough the "best by" date was 2/17/2018. The taste was so far away from what I was accustomed to that I decided that it wasn't worth the calories to continue to eat them. Brachs need to review the original recipe and put it back into production!

Brach's — maple nut goodies

On 07/24/17 I brought Maple Nut Goodies at the local Walmart store. I bit into it and it was hard as a rock...

Brach'smaple nuts

I have purchased four bags of the maple nut goodies all four were hard as bricks you couldn't eat them and I was wondering what was going on I'm very unhappy with the product right now I do hope there is something you can do about it when we tried one bag we thought well it's just the one and then we got to then we got three and even our fourth bag is hard I don't know if you've had a problem in production but usually though the best things there is to eat but you can't eat them if they will break your teeth thank you and please take care of this situation

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I bought a bag of maple nut goodies at my local dollar general store and they were impossible to eat!! the coating was soft and they smelled good but I could not chew into the candy as it was too hard to eat...the bag was in good date (best by 2/6/2018)...I would like to get a replacement or a refund...thanks.. if needed you can contact me at [protected]

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I sent a complaint to Brach's about the terrible texture and taste (compared to what they used to be) and they wrote back telling me they changed the recipe.
              Well, Brach's, if you care about us, then you should do two things immediately:
              FIRST: Fire the idiot who thought the best maple candy out there needed a new recipe.
              Second: Recall ALL Maple Nut Goodies, and start making and selling the original recipe that we all loved.
              And maybe make a full apology for your stupid mistake.

• Ia
                  Iamnotarobot Aug 27, 2017

Tony Billick is absolutely right!!! After reading a lot of the complaints on here about Brach's Maple Nut Goodies, I have to wonder why I am not seeing a response from the company. I, too, have had a bad response with this particular candy. People have concerns about breaking their teeth on this candy because of how hard it is and in one complaint that I read one person did. This situation needs to be remedied quickly.

Hi..
                I just purchased a bag of Brach's Maple Nut Goodies. The first thing I noticed was how hard and crunchy they were. Felt like I broke a tooth when I bit down on what is usually a delight texture. I also noticed a difference in size. I also noticed the coating was different..not as thick and not as tasty. I have loved this candy for years. I get them as a special treat. This time I was very disappointed and will not be finishing the bag. I even checked the expiration date to see if that was the problem..but no..it wasn't.

Sincerely,
                A very disappointed customer.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I purchased a 14 oz. bag at my local Walmart on July 20, 2017. Thecoating was soft and fresh. The inside was so hard I was afraid I would break a tooth or crown if I tried to chew it. The bset by date was 12/03/2018. The number under the "best buy" date is 7EC8CCBB214. I am requesting a replacement bag. This is one of my favorite candies, and it's been along time sice I splurged and bought some. I paid $2.98 and there was no tax. I would appreciate your consideration of this request.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I have been eating this candy since I was a child (I am in my fifties now). I bought a 7oz. bag today at the grocery store and was surprised at the different texture and taste as well as size. This is NOT the recipe I remember enjoying...these are hard on the inside, the outside coating tastes different, and the overall size is much smaller. What is going on??? I promise you that if you don't give the consumer the original recipe again, you will lose many fans of this candy. Please change back to the original recipe again! The new ones are so hard that I had to toss them in the garbage!! Wasted money and upset consumers should not fair well with your company! You all have always had such a good reputation of providing quality candies to the consumer. I hope that you all will reconsider the current recipe and I don't understand the reasoning for the change in the first place!

Debra Salazar

Brachsmaple nut goodies

It seems I am not the only one to notice the change in Maple Nut Goodies. They used to be one of my favorite candies, soft and chewy. The flavor is still good although the texture has changed. They are almost impossible to eat as they are so hard I'm afraid of breaking a tooth. I usually purchase them at Menards. Product code 7E15BB183 best buy date 02/12/2018. I do not believe they are stale but believe something has changed in the recipe to make them an inferior product. PLEASE go back to the original recipe that we all love!!

• Ga
                          Gary E. Sims Jul 21, 2017

We've bought several bags thinking we got old ones or something. We just can't purchase them anymore the way they are! We hope you an go back to the old recipe, PLEASE!! Gary Sims

Brach'smaple nut goodies

We purchased a 4 oz package of maple nut goodies on 7/15/2017 they were not fresh trying it was like trying to eat rocks extremely stale even though the best by date on the package was January 23rd 2018. I just think that when you purchase a product well under its expiration date it should actually be a good product not stale. I can't believe that this made me say more even though I set it all you purchased your blood product was stale at a freshness guarantee product cost me $0.98 that's $0.98 less that I have and I fed your product to the squirrels for whatever Critters were outside that one in the Triangle easy so please I purchase because this thing is not writing what I say triangle was not a word I wanted to you maybe this is long enough hope to get someone's attention please Maaco Michael Mich Neiman I Michael nyman Nieman is spelled Nieman so I live at 2807 5th Avenue Northwest Waverly spelled correctly my zip code is 50677 that is in the state of Iowa or you can just send me a fresh package of maple nut goodies because my wife loves them it's the only candy she enjoys she says it reminds her of her dad so give it up give up give up the refund give up the candy you had a freshens guarantee please live by it

maple nut goodies

Respond

Brach's — maple nut goodies.

Most people are complaining these are stale. I think this is about the third bag I bought that sucks preety...

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I purchased a bag of Maple nut Goodies on July 12, 2017. The expiration date on the bag was 12/27/2017. The candy was stale. It has a slimy outer shell and very hard center. The candy was not any good. I would like to be refunded my $3.99. I returened the bag of candy to the store and they replaced it with the same candy. The new bag of candy was stale just like the first bag of candy.

Respond

Brach'smaple nut goodies are stale

I just bought a new bag of maple nut goodies at dollar general store the expiration date is 09/11/17 I'm guessing the store isn't stocking fresh ones. they are stale and I couldn't even bite into them they were that hard. I was very disappointed when I purchased the maple nut goodies, I buy them very often and never had any problem until today. My name is Victoria Terrace, the address is 560 Village green drive apt. 111 Natrona Heights pa 15065.

Brach'sbrach's maple nut goodies

Bought a bag on Sunday 07/16/2017 - expiration date 12/2018. The coating was slimey and slippery and falling off the candy. The candy itself was hard as a rock - this was a 20 ounce bag. These were just terrible. It was like they were old and stale, just awful. UPC on bag is [protected]

You could break your teeth trying to eat any of these and they belong in the trash.

Bought malted milk balls - don't even taste like Brach's malted milk balls.

What is going on with Brach's candy -

I would like a refund

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I bought a bag of your Maple Nut Goodies last week and they were stale and hard. Also the icing was melted and soft. I was very disappointed because these are my favorite and the expiration date was even expired, it is 12/15/17.

I have never had any problem with your product but evidently the store where purchased at doesn't rotate their products or doesn't store them properly. It was purchased at a Family Dollar/Dollar General Store in Cincinnati, Ohio 45217 area.

Carolyn Spears

maple nut goodies

Brach's — maple nut goodies

I purchased my favorite Brach's candy, Maple Nut Goodies, from Walmart in Long Beach, Ca. What a...

Brach'sbrach's maple nut goodies

Bought a bag of maple nut goodies at dollar general store on national turnpike, Louisville ky was on our way to the drive in bcause we always get our snacks there before the movies was very disappointed... could not eat them at all..they were brick hard..never ever had an issue with brachs candy before..the expiration date was 11/27/2017..the code above the date was 7B27BB183.