Bottom Line PersonalBilling Scam

I keep receiving PAYMENT REQUIRED Notice's for a magazine I never subscribed. I have had it with these people.
I never ordered this magazine and Do Not intend on paying them.
The billing notice does not have a phone number or website listed. I looked them up on Google and found the 800 number. I plan on contacting them to stop the harassment. This kind of business practice needs to be illegal or put to a stop...

• Sh
    Shirley Courts Hudson Oct 17, 2015

Bottom Line called me to see if I would accept a free subscription for their magazine and I said yes. I received the magazine with a bill that I did not owe.
    Bottom line does not provide a phone on their billing statement, so I had to search for the 1-800-274-5611 which I did not appreciate having to look them up.
    They did cancel my order that I did not order but I should have never been billed either, because I told them to send me the free order and I would see if I wanted to continue taking the magazine. I know what I told them but that is not the way they handled what was said when they called.
    Most people may not go to the trouble I went to and made the call or known how to find their phone.
    FOR NOW MY ORDER IS CANCELLED!

• Sh
    Shirley Courts Hudson Oct 17, 2015

It was okay ..

Angelique Frankie Nov 22, 2015

My son also received issues of BLP that he never ordered. We assumed it was some sort of was some sort of welcome gift through the college he just started attending or through the FAFSA program. Then bills started coming in, which we did not pay attention to because did. Not request these issues. Now the latest bill received, says that we requested these issues and indicates a specific date. This concerned me because they are making something look official and are telling us basically that we are delinquent and are intentionally trying to avoid our obligation. So this has gone too far, now I have come here to obtain a number to contact Bottom Line and resolve this issue. All my son needs is to start out with a blemished credit report for something that was never even requested.

• Ju
    Judith Rhoades Feb 02, 2016

I have received a card saying that I am a continuous service customer as requested...NOT. I specifically pay with check so things will not be automatically renewed. The fact that requests to stop this must be mailed has made me permanently stop Consumers Report and Good Housekeeping after subscribing for years. When I have to send the request to Bottom Line (hopefully timely) that will be th end of that subscription also.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices