Bottom Line Books - Houston, TXfraudulent sales tactics

Bottom line books
5401 chimney rock rd apt 520
Houston, tx 77081
Phone: [protected] fake phone number (Cell phone number of a woman)
P. O. Box 11014
Des moines, iowa [protected]

Company sells and distributes books ordered on the internet.

I ordered a book "bottom line's power aging", because the company's offer was that if it didn't live up to their hype I could keep the book and would not have to send any money - it didn't and I didn't. If there is any other requirement I was not aware of the company never explained that anywhere; next thing I know they are sending me bills for $35.92, and now they have really aggravated me with their current statement that they are putting me up for collections on that amount.

I have tried to call them but the only number I can find on them is actually a cell phone number belonging to a woman (She told me she has also tried several times to contact them to correct the error, which I think is done purposefully, because so many people call with complaints of their fraudulent sales tactics).

If you have had a similar experience please contact me at my phone number - our strength in numbers may finally get bottom line books to straighten out their act!

Sincerely,

Louis castronovo - [protected]

• Updated by azflower · Oct 20, 2018

Bottomline Books - unsolicited books

• Do
    Donald Smith Nov 23, 2007

I ordered books from Bottom Line Health Books. I never received the books. Custer number [protected]

Mark Matheson Dec 18, 2007

I have NEVER heard of 'Bottom Line Health Books', nor have I ever ordered anything from them, - but today I received a box of books with a plain statement that says my mastercard was already charged for $52.85!

NO one in my home ordered anything from this company!
    I now wonder HOW did they get my credit card info?
    There is only a P.O. Box 508 in Des Moines, IA listed - NO phone number or street address listed anywhere on box or statement/enclosures, etc.

If anyone has a recent phone number or address, please send to my email. Thanks!

• Sh
    Shari Prince Dec 19, 2007

I've ordered books from Bottom Line before and have not had a problem. The only thing they ask if you don't like the book after a 21 day trial period, you do not have to pay, but you still must return the book.

I usually try to not destroy the box when I open it, just in case I have to return the book. I can reuse their box, glue it together as if it has not been opened, and send it through the post office, Return to Sender written on the front over the unopened bill that is still glued to the front of the box.

Try calling them at [protected] Monday through Fri 7am-8pm CST

• Da
    Daniel Mar 17, 2008

I think the people of that company are full of it. I received a book i didnt order, so i just sent it to the post office to return it to them. A week or so later i receive a bill in the mail telling me to pay $35. I refuse to pay for a book i didnt order and i didnt return. They dont answer the calls its their loss not mine. but if anyone has a number that actually works. Please call [protected] and leave a message and tell me there. I appreciate it.

• Mi
    Michael I. Viets, PhD May 24, 2008

To return a book, simply address it to:

Bottom Line Books
    P.O. Box 508
    Clarion, IA [protected]

I have now sent 2 books back and have each time placed a postal delivery confirmation on the box. which gives me proof they received it.

Best of luck to all!

Margaret Jan 30, 2009

Boy, oh boy, just reading other experiences with this company makes my hair stand on end.
    They sent me the totally wrong book, when I called phone number I got from Googling them, [protected], avery tough lady on line accused me of having ordered the book. She said I had to have clicked on that book in order for it to be sent to me. No way, but the order came with huge selections for other books, one of which was the book I know I clicked on, all for the outrageous price of $47.94, the price billed me for the book I definitely DID NOT click on. She said she would send me a return label, which should arrive within 10 to 14 business days.
    I am senior in poor health, which was why I ordered the book I wanted, BALANCED HEALING, with its clobber cholesterol 67 points in 28 days, what the big drug companies don't want you to know, defeat diabetes with vinegar, macular degeneration reverersed naturally with herbs, and arthritis cured... (the claims weren't quite as outrageous, more plausible, except the clobber cholesterol one. Also, five NEW Bottom Line Reports, superfoods, banish back pain, patients guide to drug, food and herbal interactions, finding the right statin drug, and vision savers from mother nature, were supposed to come with my $47.94 book. I was figuring the price was so high because of the 5 free books. The lousy book they sent Treasury of Health Secrets, has only 3 crummy books I wouldn't trust, not good info anyway. Has anyone else had same experience? I tried to submit complaint to Des Moines Iowa BBB, and they claimed they didn't have any complaints about bottom line books, and they sent complaint I tried to file to Colorado BBB. What's up with the Des Moines BBB? How could they not have heard about this rip off company??
    I will be very curious to see if return label does arrive.
    I did note there was a different address for returns, as given above, on bottom of Invoice for $47.94. The invoice states return within year for a full refund.
    One of their health tips advises aspirin may help relief anger. I'm taking an aspirin right now.

• Ha
    Harold Zelkind Sep 02, 2018

a/c # [protected]
    I purchased the book for $39.92. I made two check payments of $9.95 and $19.96. You cashed the checks.
    Why are you billing me for $39.92?

• Pi
    picia Sep 02, 2018

acct. [protected]. Send return label so I can return book that I did not order. DO NOT send me another bill. Return labels on your website do not work. Refuse to pay for something I did not order.

• Ka
    Kathy Aven Sep 02, 2018

Very simply, I received the book uncensored medical truth. I did not order and I did not open package. I receive the Bottomline newsletter, which I enjoy. But if this continues to be a problem, I will have to discontinue this service. Please send label to return this book.

Kathy Aven
    [protected]@avenfire.com

• Gr
    Greg Hunsaker Sep 03, 2018

I have received two of your books that I never ordered, someone must be playing a joke on me, stop sending books I can not afford then, I have trashed the books you sent, do not bill me for them, Mr. Greg Hunsaker 13178 Mendon Rd. Van Wert Ohio 45891.

• Ca
    Carrie Salvia Sep 03, 2018

NOV 20, I received a book that I did not order.Stop sending me these books.Its a nice book filled with a lot of information, however I never ordered it., nor did I open the book.I am sending it back.I repeat do not send me anymore books from bottom line or Iwill go one step further.

• Ei
    Eines Cannizzo Sep 05, 2018

Please remove me from any further mailings or products. I am returning one I just received which arrived a few days ago. I am no longer interested.

My information is:

John Cannizzo Acct#[protected]
    19 Greenway Trail
    Cream Ridge, NJ 0854

• Ge
    Geraldine Kittis Sep 06, 2018

I buy a lot of books on bottom line. My account # is [protected]. There was no bill with the book. The ultimate womens guide to beating disease 2018.

Contact me at [protected]. Or [protected]@aol.com. Thank you.

• We
    Westage Oct 21, 2018

I keep receiving a bill for $39.92. I made a payment for this amount on 4/6/17. Please check this charge and let me know your findings. I do not remember buying another book for the same amount

. My account no. is [protected].

• Az
    azflower Oct 27, 2018

i recently received a box of books that i did not order. how do i return them and why were they even sent? i do not appreciate items being sent that were not ordered. i hope i receive a prompt response.

• Ri
    Richard,Walton, Houghton Nov 11, 2018

Your ' deliberit chassing us supper seniors is a very bad thing to be doing'

Belive me i'm a retired military man that can find you' and take care of this
    Problem '.

You ' will not be, happy after i' find 'you '

Give us all a phone number to call your co.

• Ke
    KEMca32 Nov 12, 2018

Today, February 9, 2017, I received a book " Bottom Line's 2017 Health Breakthroughs" which I did not order. They do not give any information as to how I can return it. I do not subscribe to Bottom Line On Health and do not want this book and I am not paying for it. How can I get information as to how to return it?

Sincerely,
    Kathryn McAndrew

• Ru
    Ruth V Nov 12, 2018

Hello, I do not have an order number because I did not order book title "BL Ultimate Womens Guide 2017". Please do not send me books I did not order. There was no correspondence with this package. I have to return now at my expense plus I need a return address...Most Sincerely, Mrs.Ruth V. Coba...

• Ro
    Rodney Lars Dahlgren Apr 22, 2019

Addressed to my Dad that passed away three years ago in 2016. I really doubt that he purchased a book while dealing with painful cancer for two years. And even if I knew what BOOK this could have been, the fires of 2017 burned the family home to the ground with nothing saved.

• Da