Complaints & Reviews

Blooms Todayunauthorized charges

I was scammed when I ordered flowers from Blooms Today. I took advantage of their 50% off offer. When I received my credit card statement, I found that they had charged me an unauthorized $9.99 for membership in their Blooms Rewards program. I did not want to be a member of this program. I did not authorize the membership charge. When I called to ask Blooms to credit my card for this unauthorized charge, they absolutely refused. They did offer to cancel my unwanted and unasked for membership so that I would not receive future membership charges. I have read other complaint about this unauthorized charge by this company at other complaint websites. They are a dishonest company. I do nor recommend them. I would never do business with them again.

Blooms Todaythey charge $9.99 every month to your credit card

BRWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!! They charge $9.99 every month to your credit card.They are extremely difficult to deal with! I have not yet checked if my flower order was delivered but I have found this charge of $9.99 on my account which I did not agree to.Their Phone lines are always busy.

D-MANN Aug 14, 2010

yep...you're an idiot if you order flowers through anyone other that your LOCAL FLORIST!!!...
        THINK ABOUT IT...THEY NEVER ACTUALLY HANDLE THE FLOWERS...JUST YOUR MONEY! THEY KEEP FEES FOR THEMSELVES AND THEN they SEND IT TO...A LOCAL FLORIST, anyway!!! JUST CALL YOUR LOCAL FLORIST!!!
        they probably have a website...JUST DO IT!

Blooms Today — they scam you in every possible way

I purchased the Premium bouquet, $20 more than the Standard bouquet. When my mom received them they were not...

Blooms Todayscam!!!

What a scam they got going in this "family owned and operated" business. They sell you flowers at a lower price, and somewhere in the checkout process you agree to a $9.95 a month fee (don't ask me...I still can't find the fine print for that) for the rest of your life. I still get charged every month on the 10th, then I call AmEx and they do a chargeback. You'd think they would get sick of this and decide to quit trying to scam me. I guess they figure if I forget to call AmEx just one time, they made up all the processing fees they've lost. I'm glad I'm not part of this so called "family". They should be ashamed of themselves. DO NOT USE BLOOMS TODAY UNDER ANT CURCUMSTANCE!!!

• Bu
          Buyer Beware! Dec 03, 2010

I totally agree - some family SCAM they've got going! There are too many other services out there and I'm sure (hopefully) there are a few that are ethical.

• 62
          627emily May 25, 2011

I agree with you. I have never ordered on the internet where my order comes in as three transactions on the credit card. They have one entry for the flowers. Then one entry for the savings. Then one entry for the recurring MONTHLY charge. When you place your first order the total you see is the flowers - the savings . it does not reflect the 9.99 charge for becoming the member.
          If you are a business and order flowers for a client and it is a business expense--it is a nightmare cause youh ave three entries on your creidt card for one purchase You will see tow netries as debits and one entry as a credit.

Everyone when you use Blooms Today please note----if you are ordering flowers only one time and join the Blooms Reward they WILL debit your credit card MONTLY for 9.99. You get a first time credit of up to 35$ then a maximum credit of 10$ on future purchases. SO let me see--I pay you 9.99 a month for a mone time order.

Blooms Today — odering was a breeze, where my issues began was tracking my order

Odering was a breeze, where my issues began was tracking my order. I called several times and all I got was a...

Blooms Todayno flowers! fraudulent charges! scammers

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with this fraudulent "company"! I ordered a bouquet of tulips to be delivered to my mother on Saturday, the day before Mothers' Day. I received a confirmation email and order number, as well as the name of the local florist that would be delivering the flowers. I paid extra for the delivery and it was guaranteed same-day delivery. Well, Mothers' Day came and I called her to see if she had received the flowers and she told me that she had nothing had been delivered. At that point I called the local florist and tried to give them the "confirmation/order number" that Blooms Today had given me, but the florist informed me that they had no idea what that order number was and they could not tell me ANYTHING because Blooms Today places the orders by credit card info only! So basically Blooms Today takes our credit card info, the same info they claim to keep secure, and sends it out to florists all over the U.S.A. Fantastic. I don't want to bore everyone with all of the ugly details that came next so I will try to keep this part short and to the point... By Tuesday there were still NO FLOWERS, I call the Blooms Today people and they casually proceed to tell me that they canceled my order because they could not find a florist to deliver!!! Just like that, canceled. They sure as hell took my money and they also signed me up for their "rewards" program which automatically charges your card $9.95 per month... but decided not to send my flowers. They then proceeded to lie to me and tell me that they had called and talked to me before they canceled it... ###! I never talked to anyone and nobody else uses my phone! But still she insisted that since it was in the "notes" it must be true. No apology no nothing, she just said that they were refunding my money, but I would have to call a separate number to stop the charges on my "blooms rewards". Unbelievable. These are the times where I wish I had a billboard so I could warn more people to STAY AWAY FROM BLOOMS TODAY!!!

D-MANN Aug 14, 2010

yep WHAT DID YOU EXPECT???? THEY DON'T EVER ACTUALLY TOUCH A FLOWER----JUST YOUR MONEY.
            ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID AND GULLIBLE?
            CALL YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD FLORIST OR A FLORIST NEAR YOUR MOTHER----ESPECIALLY RIGHT BEFORE A BUSY HOLIDAY!!!
            USE YOUR LOCAL FLORIST

• Be
            becky Aug 15, 2010

In response to D-MANN:

And what exactly was the purpose of you even posting that useless response? It obviously isn't meant to be helpful. Are you really so bored, pathetic and/or bitter that you need to troll around these boards spewing insults and name calling? The purpose of my post was to provide a warning to others in an effort to prevent this from happening to others. So, what's your excuse? Got a chip on you're shoulder, stick up your a**, or are you just that unhappy with your life? Whatever you're reason, the solution is the same: GET A LIFE.

• Ji
            Jill P Jun 03, 2016

Not only did they promise a discount which was not delivered... they threatened to recharge my card for a 50% discount they said I took at the time of my order. I could either pay the rewards charges of $9.95 per month or the 50% discount they said they gave, would be added back on my card! I believe the word for these tactics is blackmail scam.
            BEWARE AND STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE DECEITFUL AND EVIL.

Blooms Todayunauthorized sharing of information

Apparently BLOOMS TODAY (BT) sells their customer's contact information (including credit card access) to other companies. Without my permission, BLOOMS TODAY gave my information to a company called CompleteHome - an unaffiliated company "to offer you discount and savings services because you are a valued customer of ours". ??? CompleteHome (CH) sent me a check for $8 in the mail. The catch? As soon as you deposit or cash it, you are automatically enrolled as a member of CH - meaning what, I'm still not sure. But this I understand: that automatic membership means CH will bill your credit card $15.99 every month, "and wie will not have to ask for your account nuber or further consent in order to charge you" (a quote from the small print that accompanied their $8 "gift"). It does allow you to cancel your membership at any time within 30 days of the $8 promotion gimmick, but of course this is a numbers game for them - as they know many people will either forget to call, or not even realize that by having deposited/cashed the check they've automatically committed their credit card to a monthly charge. I had to call CH to get off their mailing list and tell them they have no permission to further share my contact information with a 3rd company the way BT did with them. Now I am going to call BT and tell them I'll never use them again, and to ask them to remove my name from their data banks and to not share my information with any other companies in the future. Good grief. I'm tempted to also report them to the BBB. Run, don't ever use BLOOMS TODAY! There are plenty of decent, reputable florists in our world -- BT is not one of them.

• Sk
              Skinny66 May 10, 2011

###ing ### !! Check your cc/bank statements daily for unauthorized charges. With the amount of
              negative review for non delivery of product seems like they are running a floral ponzi scheme. It does not take
              5-7 days to credit your account. Please contact the VA. Attorney General. Outside of VA. [protected]. In
              VA. [protected]

Blooms Todaydo not give them your money or your business

Prices appear to be low, but after the S&H and an automatic $10 "rewards" charge is added on it works out to at most a 10% saving over competitors. They quickly recoup that because in the very small print you've signed up for a $10 monthly charge on your credit card. Although I cancelled as soon as I got my first bill (June 1) they still billed me for the entire month of June. The end cost of the flowers was well over the competitors. Quite the scam! Do not give them your money or your business.

• Jj
                JJAnna1237 May 07, 2010

Blooms Today is also known as:
                American Blooms
                Bloom Rewards
                Blooms USA
                BloomsToday
                Funeral Flowers

Contact for these companies is Bryan Mayer (owner)

Phone:[protected]
                Address:7460 Silver Cup Dr, Warrenton VA

This disreputable company makes its money through deceptive advertising. Beware of these predators!

• Er
                ericwood May 08, 2011

BloomsToday is a SCAM. You should see the crap flowers that just arrived. Nothing like what I ordered. They send whatever they want. I've contacted my bank already and will report them to the authorities.

Blooms Todayautomatic monthly charge

Purchased flowers.in addition to the charge for the flowers was an additional 9.95 charge. I tried to call the company twice, was put on hold then the line went dead. I called boa and they told be that the 9.95 was a "recurring charge" (monthly). I had to inactivate my debit card and apply for a new card. Do not use this company you will be sorry.

Blooms Todayawewfull arrangment

We paid 65.00 for a funeral arrangement and when we showed up at the funeral home. We were dumb founded to see what we received, I went on the florist website to see this similar arrangement sell for 25.00. Spoke with them this morning he stated that when he received the order from blooms today they told him the purchase was 35.00 and after wire fees and delivery fees this is what we got. Spoke with blooms today and they stated ofter this fee and that fee and those fees this is what you ordered a SMALL GREEN arrangement. I have never been so Embarrassed in my whole life. and for them to shrug it off like i am the fool is very disappointing.

awewfull arrangment

D-MANN Aug 14, 2010

anybody who orders through a "national order gatherer" like booms today, or just flowers, or 1-800 flowers, or on and on is just asking for trouble. These companies merely take your order, keep extra fees and commisions and pass the order to a local florist. Think about it. THEY DON'T EVER TOUCH LIVE FLOWER, JUST YOUR MONEY!...ALWAYS, ALWAYS, go through a LOCAL FLORIST... or at least contact your neighborhood florist and have them send flowers out of town for you.
                    If you don't your just asking for trouble.

Blooms Todayproduct not as advertised

I ordered these flowers from Blooms Today because they looked very attractive in the picture they provided on their website. I needed the flowers the very next day for my mother's birthday. When I got to my mothers house about 5 or 6 days later I was totally embarrassed by the poor quality of the flowers. They looked like some small bouquet given to a bride's attendant at a wedding. I have been ordering flowers for years and have never seen such poor quality - there could not have been more than 6 or 7 small flowers in the vase - no more than 7 or 8 inches high. What an extreme disappointment!!!

D-MANN Aug 14, 2010

Yep...you're stupid. you saw a pretty picture online and an "actractive price, so you gave your business to a "NATIONAL ORDER GATHERER" and they kept a chunk of your cash, then sent the order to a florst near your mother...otherwise known as ...A LOCAL FLORIST!!!
                      FOOL. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS...USE YOUR LOCAL FLORIST!!!

Blooms Todaytold I was receiving a discount on purchase without rep explaining I was going to be billed a 9.95 debit from my credit card each month.

When ordering a florist arrangement to be delivered to another state, I was told that I would get a discount on my purchase if I signed up for bloom rewards. I was led to believe that this was a program I would get to review in the next 30 days to decide if I wanted to join. Instead, my debit card was charged a 9.95 fee at time of purchase and another charge this month. I just received the program information 2 days ago and without deciding to join have been billed a second time. In other words, whatever discount I received on my purchase, I have paid for twice-already. I have gone online and canceled the blooms rewards. Will wait and see what happens next month with the 9.95 charge.

Blooms Today — monthly charge on credit card

Credit Card charged $9.95 for some rewards program I never signed up for. Called customer service several...

Blooms Todayextra fees

I ordered flowers for my mother-in-law because she had just been diagnosed with breast cancer back in April 2008. It wasn't until this month (9/08) my husband notices a $14.95 fee on our credit card bill. He calls to question the charge and is told that when I ordered flowers from them, I (his wife) must have clicked on something on the website requesting a monthly fee from them. (LIARS!) I will NEVER order flowers from ANY flower company online again. Instead, call your local florist so they can send the order to a trustworthy florist in the area where the flowers are to be sent.

By the way, they cancelled only the month we caught on our bill. They wouldn't go back to April to reimburse me. I think the Attorney General in my state will be told about this incident also. This is stealing!

Blooms Today / Blooms Rewardshave been enrolled and charged for a program not requested

I have ordered flowers from this company on more than one occasion and been pleased with the flowers. On one order, was asked if I wanted to be in the rewards program and I answered NO. However they enrolled me in the program and began unauthorized charges to my credit card.

Having some difficulty getting this enrollment canceled.

• Su
                            Sue Nov 09, 2008

I am having the same problem. My mother in law passed away and we sent floweres. Unknowingly we are being charged $9.95 a month for a membership we did not authorize. We have called to cancel, sent e-mail to cancel, still we are being charged? This wrong, and illegal. Have you had your issue resolved?
                            I am fed up with this.
                            Sue

Blooms Today — monthly charge

Every month, I continue to be charged $9.95 on my credit card from bloomrewards.com, though I have never...

Blooms Todaywrong arrangement delivered

I ordered a floral basket bouquet for 59.99 then upgraded to the delux version for 69.99. I ordered from a picture online so I would know exactly what I was sending to my mother-in-laws funeral.

Instead they sent a plant in a dish. Not to mention it was extremely sparse. How embarrassing!!! I would rather have sent nothing to my son's grandmother rather than this office desk ornament. They offered me a 25% discount. What!!! I told them it's not the money, I want the name of the florist they used. They would not give it to me. Please do not make the same mistake go through your local florist yourself at least then you have some recourse. Terrible!!!

• La

Springfield, Massachusetts
                              Phone: [protected]
                              bloomstoday.com

On 8/11/08
                              I wanted to send a live kept sake floor plant for my
                              favorite Aunt's FUNERAL who was like a mother to me

Before I ordered I called blooms today to make sure it would be delivered on time
                              the sales girl said I could save 50% off my ordered if enroll in their Blooms Rewards Programs $9.95 a month, I was assured that they would sent the plant I wanted.

I ordered from this picture online so I would know exactly what I was sending

Floor Plant THIS IS HOW THEY DESCRIBE It
                              A lush foliage floor plant makes a lasting and natural gift. Our knowledgeable florists will select the best variety that's available in their region and deliver it in a decorative pot cover.

ORDER DETAILS

I paid a total of $ 66.63
                              I sent them a E-mail asking for my money BACK
                              customer service said they will credit my account only $ 16.00
                              guess what 100% money guarantee SUCKS

I ordered from a picture online so I would know exactly what I was sending to my favorite
                              Aunt's FUNERAL who was like a mother to me .

Instead they sent the below small Ivy plant WITH BAD LEAVES in a plastic pot WRAPPED IN FOIL
                              with my credit this cost me $50.65

I had wanted my cousin's to have a nice floor plant for her home as a remembrance of her mother
                              HOW EMBARRASSING!!! I could have gone to Walmart & got this for less than $20.00
                              Please do not make the same mistake go through your local florist yourself at least then you have some recourse. TERRIBLE!!!

I sent them a E-mail asking for my money BACK
                              customer service said they will credit my account only $ 16.00
                              guess what 100% money guarantee SUCKS

----------------------------------------------------------------

Blooms Today — you pay but they don't deliver & zero customer service!

I placed an order last week. I had to call 8 times to find out if the order was delivered! Finally they told...

Blooms Today — scam and rip off!

They say your first order will be 50% off if you answer just one question. but then send email...