Complaints & Reviews

Brian Timpone - Chicago, Illinois
Ed Weinhaus - St. Louis, Missouri
Timothy Landon - Evanston, Illinois

www.blockshoppers.com

Funny thing is they are even turning profits on YOUR names everyone. So mail us all a check, even for the $0.25 or less when split up, that you owe all the people you refuse to remove. If the records are so public then point out the direct source. I read your FAQ and I encourage others to read it as well.. It's a load of BS with the basic tone of "I'm correct on this matter cause I'm correct".

I'm surprised no one has gone a head and sued these fools yet much less physically spam mailed them, use their names and addresses to register anything/everything, or even flat out stalked the ever loving crap out of them. Oh it is only a matter of time till this cup of idiocy, that is their operation, overfloweth with dilemma.

• 42
    42sharlet Feb 28, 2010

Thank you for your post. I whole-heartedly agree. You may be interested in my new post- the fact that Blockshopper has threatened to sue me while at the same time refusing to remove my name from their site.

• La
    lawyerlady Mar 22, 2011

Attorney Sheldon Weinhaus is Blockshopper LLC registered agent in St. Louis MO According to Blockshopper's prostituting web site his January 2009 purchase of the million dollar home address is 10859 Picadily Square Dr. St. louis MO 63146 near his Creve Coure law office. located at 11500 Olive Blvd St. Louis 63141 telephone 314-997-9150. Since BS (blockshopper) pooh-poohs the folks who protest being whored out by BS perhaps direct contact with Mr. Weinhaus will get results, he seems like not a bad guy.

Won't remove home listings from Google search

These guys will not entertain opt out requests or in the least removing your personal information from being...

Invasion of Privacy

This is a new complaint against Blockshopper.com. This website, which supposedly provides "content, " i...

Blockshopper has severely undermined Address Authentication [without ccv] for online purchases

Thanks to blockshopper.com, credit card fraud is easier than ever. There is no longer a need to hack into a database to get credit card numbers, names and addressses. All a criminal needs is a credit card number and name (or lots of them). Now simply google the name on the card, and they have your full, valid billing address. Combine the 2 together (name, credit card number and billing address), and the criminal can now conduct any fradulent transaction online so long as it does not require the ccv code on the back of the card. My research shows that 1/2 of large scale online merchants do not require the ccv. http://www.merchantaccountblog.com/284/only-half-of-top-ecommerce-sites-require-card-verification

FTC says this is all fine though, addresses are public domain. Their reaction to me was "Its legal, but I'll file your complaint anyway".

Even worse is that blockshopper.com makes automated fraud easier than ever! Who needs to google when one can write an automated program to gather addresses from blockshopper.com. They don't even require captcha codes (to prevent automated bots), no audit records required of who queried the data, and no opt-out option. The S___ is going to hit the fan, just wait and see.

• Pe
    People's rights Jun 02, 2010

Blockshopper is a company that is making tons of money selling people's personal information.
    they say the information is public, however they are making money out of people's personal information by posting it and selling on the internet. By posting people's full name's, addresses, photos and other this company is putting peoples safety at risk. Blockshopper will not remove people's personal information from their website if requested.
    I really don't understand why nobody is doing anything about this?. If addresses are public domains names are NOT.
    They have no right to publish to the whole world one's personal information.
    This site needs to have the option to opt out or to be shut down

• Gc
    gcbr Jun 02, 2010

you can do something about it!!!

read up on DMCA act and submit the infringing material to each search engine. just because they claim that something is public information DOES NOT give them the right to repost it. Google and the other search engines have a legal responsibility to take their entire site down.

• Gc
    gcbr Jun 02, 2010

you can do something about it!!

Privacy and safety concerns--unsolicited publication of full names with addresses and home costs

Blockshopper.com website business model apparently places people at personal and professional risk to become...

Invasion of Privacy to make money

Blockshopper.com gleens other websites to get real estate info to put on their site...for the sole purpose of selling advertising dollars. if you request to opt-out, they say no. they have put peoples' lives at risk and still, nothing. I have called the FTC today and reported them and will keep calling all their advertisers, realtors etc. to get them to realize, this 3 man, 1 woman company is a 'joke' ...and not reputable...so why would anyone want to be associated with that? especially, Lifelock, Disney, Wells Fargo, Swarofski, Bank of America and realtors?

I amongst many are complaining about Blockshopper refusing to remove my personal address from a google link to their website. My name should not be advertising Blockshopper. They need to pay me to use my name as a link to their website. What I find alarming is that all anyone in the world has to do is google my name and up pops my personal address. All the other cites will remove my address if I request, but not this bunch at Blockshopper. They are causing people needless grief. They are frightening people because the innocent public is now open to cyber staulking, cyber fraud, etc. I cannot belief this Blockshopper is still in business. I am happy to join a class action lawsuit against them. I know Jones Day law firm sued them in Chicago, and Blockshopper was forced to remove the attorneys' info from the Blockshopper link.

If Blockshopper.com can put up information with disregard to peoples' privacies, then they shouldn't be so unhappy when they see themselves over and over and over and over...in a NEGATIVE light on Google...which states this very thought...(that Blockshopper.com gets to put on the web every public record they can find). Well, I say FINE ! Everyone should keep writing how UN-Happy they are that Blockshopper.com will NOT remove that information... Let's see how Happy THEY are when their AD DOLLARS go DOWN and DOWN and Down... don't get mad...get even ! Nothing personal...it's just Business! The business of getting EVEN !!!

• Fa
    factual Jan 26, 2010

would it be hard to have your name made into a registered trade mark or have your name copyrighted then file action for copyright infringement.. LOL

Jack116 Apr 01, 2010

Seems to me that BlockShopper has violated the Real Estates Code of Ethics by publishing personal home data under SALES without the homeowners authorization.
    Did anyone contact the Real Estate board? Im assuming that they are real estates agents/brokers.

• Ti
    Timpone May 01, 2012

Hi, my name is Brian Timpone take your best shot. Hahaha!

• Ti
    Timpone May 01, 2012

I am Brian Timpone

• Bl
    BlockShopperScam Apr 05, 2019

say hello to Brian Thomas Timpone and Patricia Mcnamara aka Patricia Timpone

won't let us opt-out

Brian Timpone of Chicago, Ed Weinhaus of St. Louis and Timothy Landon of Evanston, Illinois
have started this punk outfit of gleening peoples' private information and posting it to their site
to rake in dollars from realtors and advertisers.

Realtors, get REAL ! Get on a legit site, like Realtor.com !!

these people have more negativity than Satan !

Advertisers, do you want to be associated with these punks?

put your ad dollars on more reputable sites.

Case Closed !

• Me
    Mestar Jun 17, 2011

Blockshopper reveals too much information, privacy and safety concerns. Our names were removed on listing but they continue to publish information.

invasion of privacy

They are publishing my name with my address for purposes of profiting off the information. I requested to...

invasion of privacy/won't let us 'opt-out'

I agree - I also am having the same difficulty with them...and even called the CEO's house last nite and...

refuse to delete my information off internet

Blockshopper.com thinks they can put OUR information in cyberspace...without our permission... and ignore our...

Revealing personal information

I am a social worker that works with the mentally ill. I am very protective of my personal information such...

unauthorized advertisement of sale ot my house

I am a victim of identity theft and today while on the WEB I discovered that Blcokshoppers is illegally...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices