BlockShopperAttempted to gather personal data

L

After I noticed that a real estate transaction that I was a party to in recent years popped up on a Google search of my name within a private for profit web site known as Blockshoppers.com, I contacted Blockshoppers to request that my information be redacted from their private web pages as Google had instructed me to so do. Blockshopper does not allow contact by telephone as Blockshopper guards THEIR privacy while prostituting mine. Communication with Blockshopper is by e-mail only. Scarlett Simpson who’s e-mail address is [protected]@blockshopper.com offered nothing more than frustrating avoidance, lame excuses and absurd logic which lead me to think that one of us suffers from dementia. Multiple e-mails resulted in Blockshopper’s agent attempting to gather highly sensitive data from me for what I can only assume is a no-good purpose.

JAYJOH Apr 27, 2011

Happened to me and lots of others as well. These guys are raping privacy principles in public. Their claim that all info they post on their website is public is based on false premise. For you to get this data one has to APPLY to county offices and request this info after filling out a form, whereas they make this info available without any such requirements. They are essentially making data which was more secure completely unsecure. Write to your senators/congressman in your district to stop this nonsense.