BlackPeopleMeet.comcharged my credit card after I cancelled

M Review updated:

I cancelled the moment I realized that i was overcharged, and was told that I will not receive a refund. I cancelled my membership and have not visited the site since. i am currently disputing it with my cc company. They are just greedy, and does not consider other peoples feelings. When you cancel a service, you should be refunded.

• B
      Mar 28, 2011
    BlackPeopleMeet.com - Unauthorized Charges
    People Media
    Virginia
    blackpeoplemeet.com

Blackpeoplemeet.com re-authorized my account w/o my permission after a few years of dormancy. They hung up when attempted to get charges re-imbursed. ###!!

Apr 04, 2011
    BlackPeopleMeet.com - I am a paying member and i can not log on to the site
    black people meet
    Memphis
    Tennessee

I paid for six month of service on the dating site blackpeoplemeet.
    I have been removed from the site after four month without a reason. I have tried unsuccessful to contact to the web site for a refund or find out why i was locked off the site.

Oct 17, 2012

What phone number did you contact them at??

• D
    St Louis
    Missouri
    Phone: [protected]
    Blackpeoplemeet.com

I paid to renew my account in October for Six months that end in April, not January 26, I have sent two emails an no one have call me or fix my account, please credit my account for my 6 mos.

• C
      Oct 31, 2013

Feelings have nothing to do with it. You enter into a contract. Unless your are under age eighteen you are legally reasonable for what you agreed to. If you didn't bother to read what you agreed to I suggest you do so now.

• M
      Nov 01, 2013

Maybe you have not been ripped off, so go sit down somewhere.com ##

Apr 05, 2015

I opted out of automatic renewel weeks ago. I even told members that yesterday was my last day. Now today I go on there to see if indeed they had not renewed my account because I worked last night and I wanted to delete all my pics. Once again, they renewed my account after I opted out. This is the second time! I know how to opt out of automatic renewel. Several members said "good luck with that" because I selected do not renew and my card was charged anyway. Seems like a pretty common practice. I am going to seek legal relief for their transaction once again. I have screen shots of my sent messages as well as my do renew. Such a shame you can't rely on them to do the right thing.

Jan 28, 2017

@jaybe63 SAME HERE, THIS HAS HAPPENED 2 MONTHS IN A ROW, IT IS A RIP OFF. LAST TIME THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF MY ACCOUNT AND I DID, SO LETS SEE WHEN I CONTACT THEM NOW...it started out as a good site but now its just a RIP OFF!!

• R
      Feb 08, 2016

I've been trying to cancel my subscription for the last 120 days somehow you keep renewing my contract I am very dissatisfied with this site and I'm dissatisfied with the way you're handling my situation I would like to terminate the use of this Site immediately and I would like you can give me my money back for the last renewal

Jan 28, 2017

@Reviewer60823 I am glad to know that i am not the only one and this wasnt something i did on my own.

Feb 08, 2016

my AVG did not like turbo clean and deleted it so i am out of turboclean even though avg apologised for that mistake yet i cant get it back so can you help me>

Jan 28, 2017

they keep renewing my account when i have put that i did NOT want automatic renewal.