Bethlehem WindowsSales Practices

These criminals came to my house claiming that other companies had complaints and that they were the best in the valley. I quickly cancelled an agreement with another local company to do with business with these lying cheats. They claimed they were in business for 54 yrs and they always stand behind their warranties, everyone else was bad or going out of business blah blah blah. So then I sign the contract with Bethlehem windows to do 21 double hung windows and a large bay. They demanded 33% down and 33% when they began work, and then the balance on completion. I paid them the first 33% which was $3500 and then I waited. and waited. and WAITED for over 3 MONTHS!!. Finally they called and said my windows were in and it was time to deliver them. They "reminded" me to have a check for $3500 more when the windows were delivered. 2 days later they delivered them alright. THEY DROPPED THEM OFF ON MY FRONT LAWN! IT WAS RAINING!!! My wife and I are elderly so when the man kncoked on the door asking for the check my wife just handed it over to them. He simply drove away. We called 3 times a day every day for 2 more weeks until some fat heavily tatooed man with a nasty beard and long hair and nice boy who didn't speak any english showed up to install our windows. THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE TOOLS! The truck they were driving had some other outfits name on the side of it. I thought these guys didn't use subcontractors??? another LIE!! The job dragged on and on and ON for 3 more weeks! Ugly work. Terrible service. Now we have some kind of fog inside the double panes and the owner apologized and said he has financial trouble and cant get me new windows yet. I should have went with a reputable company like Appleby or Champion. They say you get what you pay for but i didnt get that from these criminals at Bethlehem Windows.

• Ar
    arealperson Oct 15, 2010

It is unbelievable to me how just anyone can think up a clever little screen name...hide behind it, portraying to be a customer of Bethlhem Windows when they are infact the "competition" (and I use that term loosely), having the audacity and quite obviously an over active imagination to come up with such an outlandishly fabricated STORY!!! Because just by their descriptions, they have no idea of how Bethlehem Windows does business. Other companies have had numerous complaints posted on this site year after year, month after month...and because of this fact, they got the brilliant idea to try and ruin a reputable business by viciously spewing lie after lie. Not one statement on either of these comments was truthful by any means and it just goes to show you what some people will stoop to. Both of these "people" joined the complaint board on the same exact day? Made comments on the same exact day? When in over 40 years of business BW has never had one until now? If these "people" had such a HORRIBLE experience with this company and the work done was just that, why hide behind a fictitious screen name from a city nearby, post the address of the job . I know, if it were me, my money and my home I would have no problem what so ever sharing such information...I would yell it from the rooftops.

• Gr
    Greatful4Life67 Oct 11, 2010

Yeah!. He asked us who we were getting estimates from and told us to look at their complaints here. We trusted these clowns and now we cant get service. We will buy another window but not from them. How terrible are these people? Somebody should do something about them. Call the attourney general and maybe together we can get their business license revoked.