Best Western Garden Villa Inn - Roseburg, ORhotel owner is irresponsible for his employees for damaging private property!

After taking off my contacts after work and picking up my glasses, I realize the frame holding the lens was cracked and one of the legs severely bent out of shape.

The Housemaid Manager said that she has talked to the housemaid named Harold and he said that I've always put my glasses behind the lamp and that he did not touch them. I believe that Harold is lying due to fear of the consequences of omitting to breaking my glasses, even though it may be accidental. The facts are that both him and I agree that my glasses were in the hotel room while I was at work and that someone has tempered with my glasses and broken them while I was gone. It has been over two weeks and the manager nor the owner has returned my inquiries despite my calls. I think the hotel owner should be held responsible for his employees for damaging private property. For if anything were to be damaged in the hotel room while I was there, the management will surely charge my credit card for these damages.

• St
    Steven Lamirante Aug 11, 2019

We paid approximately $185.00. Now for August 9th the hotel is charging $470.00 a night. I think a $300.00 profit is unwarranted. Just because an event is on the hotel should not be money hungry. I am not impressed with this price gouging. It makes us hard to come back to this Hotel.

Steve and Debbie Lamirante
    Westbank, BC. Canada

• Gr
    GraceN22 Jul 21, 2019

In room 101, we found bugs in the bed.

• Gr
    Grizzly Hollow Oct 22, 2018

8033 Oliver road lake Erie pa -BRAND NEW HOTEL AND BOTH ELEVEATORS NOT WORKING ! My mom is 85 yrs old and has to walk the stairs!! This is UNACCEPTABLE ! Paying 175 a night for this !?!? We are EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE VERY LEAST !!

• Da
    DAVID WALKER Sep 10, 2018

Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
    Loyalty Club member #[protected]
    Given one price and charged a higher price. Usually pay anywhere from $78.00 to $105.00. Not sure if I have free nights, but couldn't find out anyway as their computer was down.

Mark 1156 Sep 10, 2018

The damn elevator at the Anderson, Indiana hotel has been down for a month and a half. Absolutely unacceptable!
    Get the #&2+#($+$ thing fixed! I stay here every Monday night, and if you don't get this fixed, I want a guaranteed 1st floor room! I am a Diamond member, 600663 [protected], and I expect service!
    Please respond.
    Mark Werner

• Je
    Jean009 Aug 20, 2018

I have emailed the company on numourous occasions with no response !!! Sent emails the Phoenix and one call costing 60 dollars from the UK and they still have not replied. Disgusted at the lack of response Best Western should be ashemed

• Co
    Concerned Employee Feb 18, 2007

I remember your stay sir and I understand you are upset. We are not responsible for any items you leave in the room and it is stated in your room as such. Our housekeeper has been with us for many years and I found it odd that for the couple nights of your stay you left your glasses in front of the lamp on your nightstand. The day in question they were found behind the lamp bent. Our housekeeper remembers your glasses and where they were so that they would not be disturbed and found it odd that day that they were behind the lamp instead of in front as usual. Also you did not want a new frame (the exact kind you had) for your glasses, you particularly asked for money and money only.

You also mentioned that our housekeeper didn't want to speak up because he would be fired, which we told you would not happen because of our policy but you still insist that's not true. Hotels have that clause "that we are not responsible" for a reason. We are rated with a Chairman Award for one of the highest inspections and customer service in the Northwest. Please remember that you did not want your glasses fixed, you wanted money and that's why you didn't get compensated.