Bear411.comi'm trying to delete my account, and the site will not allow it

C Review updated:

I joined the site for free. After a few visits to the site, I was blocked access unless I paid. I decided to subscribe for a month, after that month, the same thing started happening, some days it would allow me in, other days it would require me to pay in order to access my account. Now I'm trying to delete my account, and the site will not allow it.

• Updated by Fernando17 · Feb 12, 2017

If you reach this message let me know why I can not access to the chat room?. I am not a member but I closed my account and right after that I could not longer get access to my account or just chat. Your system keeps telling me I have to subscribe in order to sign in . Please fix it because I have lost a lot of messages for months I could not respond to. I am moreno17 .. Fernando Mendoza

• Updated by Fernando17 · Feb 14, 2017

It was nothing to exam in a simple contest, you just pass on the message to Greg the webmaster of bear411 he knows what I am talking about you don't obviously. In fact the link you provided to follow does not work shit ok . Just send my formal complaint to him only .

Fernando Mendoza (moreno17)

• Ad
    Ademen May 14, 2011

NOMOREBear411 Sep 02, 2018

@Ademen I was also blocked. The only improved thing I notice after years of absence is that the website has added the opportunity to delete one's account. I think it was in the main page where you can change your profile, but if you have been blocked and are only invited to subscribe, please send an email to [email protected] I threatened to sue and my profile was quickly deleted. Best wishes

• Sc
    scharnc May 03, 2012

Here is how the profile/account deletion works on Bear411

Bear411 Terms of Service Section 8 - http://www.bear411.com/terms.php
    8.Termination of Membership
    8.1 Your Membership (your profile) will be deleted only after 90 days of inactivity (no profile login) on the site.
    Hope that helps.
    cheers!

NOMOREBear411 Sep 02, 2018

@scharnc As other have pointed out, this is not a sure way of getting deleted. You have only a few ways: 1) write to [email protected]; 2) (if you have still access to it) upload a photo with a nice expletive to the expenses of the site written across it or the address of a competitor website (i.e. bearwww) : you'll get deleted.
    The problem is that now people gets blocked and can't touch their own profiles, so sending an email is the only way.

And of course you can always sue.

• Bay222 Apr 05, 2019

@scharnc ...but you will continued to be charged regardless.

• Ur
    UrsoBR Jul 14, 2012

I haven't logged in for over 7 months and my profile is still there. Greg e-mailed me once MONTHS after I asked him to delete my profile and all he had to say was that I should use the "Delete" option on the profile change page. I sent him back screen captures of the entire profile change page showing that there is no such option there. No reply. Curiously, since I couldn't delete the profile, I put "I'm trying to delete my profile" as the text. Within a few days, the *text* was deleted, but the profile stayed on-line. This happened more than once. I have read that you have to pay for at least one month of membership to have access to the delete option. Absurd as it seems (paying for a membership on a site you want to leave), even then there have been cases where the guy couldn't delete the profile. It seems I'll have to wait until Greg tires of me, no matter how long it takes.

• Ad
    adam1234567 Sep 27, 2012

same problem...no delete button anymore...gay men are such douche bags

• Lo
    Lovironet Oct 23, 2012

I have had the same experience that a lot of other people have had here where I was not allowed to rejoin the site. I am hairy, have a goatee, and am nowhere near thin. I can only assume that the fact that I have longer hair is the issue that prevents me from being allowed to join this site again.

• Ro
    rodney2009 Dec 11, 2012

I have 5 mails from users and when I log in it wont let me see them this sucks.

• Ca
    Catanese Dec 17, 2012

These complaints are true. I also cannot access my profile to delete it and there is no option on the entire site to contact the webmaster or the company that runs the site.

• We
    Wesley B Jan 06, 2013

Hello I recently wanted to delete my profile from the site of www.bear411.com
    He has NO profile deactivation if you are a NON PAYING member. he keeps all my info and pictures on file forever.
    In order to do this I MUST buy a membership.
    Please help me.
    With regards,
    Wesley H. Burton

• Da
    dandandan Jan 13, 2013

I am confused. I was only asking for a friend on how to delete. He was sitting beside me as we were going through bear411...so I sent message to the profile of the guy posting profiles...asking for a friend...how to delete profile. I got NO reply...all that happened was MY profile got deleted. I guess that is my reply? Now I have no way of emailing or contacting webmaster to ask why my profile was deleted.

• Du
    dudley do right Feb 09, 2013

So my friend tested my method to get profile deleted and it worked. Here is what I had him do. You send this message to random people on bear411, "bear411 sucks, you should go to bearwww.com because the guys are hotter and nicer there." the people you send this message to will never receive it due to keyword filters but the owner, Greg, will be alerted and see them. My friend did that several times yesterday and today, his profile was deleted.

• Ha
    Hash Tagg Mar 31, 2013

I can't recommend highly enough that people avoid Bear411. The "free" membership option is a total sham. There's nothing free about it. Once you upload all your pics and profile info you will have access until the owner decides he wants to get money out of you and then your profile will be locked until you pay up. Avoid Bear411 at all costs!

• Hl
    Hlfxdan Apr 16, 2013

I have had a FREE bear411 membership for over 10 years now and have never had problems with the site .. If you read the terms and conditions of the site clearly, it states that 1 day (24 hours - depending on your location too - it's not walways midnight to midnight depending on the time zone you are in) is free but that the next day is locked for non-paying members, so basically, over 1, 48 hour period, you should have access to the site n]for 24 hours with a FREE membership: I have never paid and things have always worked fine for me ..

• Pa
    Patt Gavin Dec 03, 2017

@Hlfxdan I have been locked out for a week now. That 24 hour term is not true.

• Na
    NathanMM Apr 20, 2013

I was a paid member and couldn't delete my account. I haven't accessed my account in over 5 months and it's still active. I've replied to the [email protected] many times thinking if I spam it enough he'll pay attention. Nope I was wrong. I've reported him to the BBB and they can't get him to respond. I've contacted his network hosting company and they didn't reply. I don't know what other options you have except to start a lawsuit to recover paid fee's to his site. It doesn't cost much to start a small claims suit. You would just need to know where to serve the papers to.

• En
    enigma37 Jun 08, 2013

I'm a free member of bear411.com. Few weeks ago my profile was gone. I had to recreate it. I had no warning or reason it was gone. I have been unable to lo-gin to bear411 for a few days now. When I try it takes me to V.I.P. Bull-### screen. Over the blah about subscribing is pictures of members saying I have messages from and total of 29 messages. I don't see why they block free members. I need a 100 % free site to join so I can find my life partner. I live in eastern North Carolina USA. It is impossible to find a partner near me.

SamAgain Oct 10, 2013

Simplest way to have profile deleted: Put insulting comments about the website and webmaster in the text of your profile. Your profile will be quickly deleted.

• Mi
    Mindthecub Nov 10, 2013

I used to own a bear site, was one of the best after bearwww.com...i don't want to mention it here, since i actually sold the domain to Fred( the owner of bearwww ), i had other projects and couldn't carry on with the site, but was VERY GOOD and alot of members it, i obviously had the option to delete users profiles if they wanted to...BEAR411 is the WORST website i haven't seen, apart from bearfront - silverdaddies, slow as hell, horrible theme and you have to pay to see a second pic of a member? lmfao, seriuosly!!! Com'on...BUT ANYWAY ----> The point is, i also created a profile there just to see how the site works, since everyone i know were telling me that it sucks, day after i wanted to remove my account ( IT'S MY PHOTO AND MY PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT ON THERE ), this guy has NO RIGHT to keep peoples details on is database, it's simply ILEGAL, luckily for me, my partner is a lawyer and when i told me about it he couldn't believe that this guy ( Greg ) if FORCING people to pay to delete their profiles...this is called FRAUD...anyhow, my partner is studying the case and the best way to try have him to either shut the stupid site down or the least he can get this GREG to do his through legal rights, pay a penalty and add the delete option for ALL registered members. Will keep you guys up to date...my username in www.bear411.com is Mindthecub

• Mi
    Mindthecub Nov 10, 2013

WWW.BEAR411.COM not following the members LEGAL rights.
    BEAR411 is the WORST website i have seen, apart from bearfront - silverdaddies, slow as hell, horrible theme and you have to pay to see a second pic of a member? lmfao, seriuosly!!! Com'on...BUT ANYWAY ----> The point is, i also created a profile there just to see how the site works, since everyone i know were telling me that it sucks, day after i wanted to remove my account ( IT'S MY PHOTO AND MY PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT ON THERE ), this guy has NO RIGHT to keep peoples details on is database, it's simply ILEGAL, luckily for me, my partner is a lawyer and when i told me about it he couldn't believe that this guy ( Greg ) if FORCING people to pay to delete their profiles...this is called FRAUD...anyhow, my partner is studying the case and the best way to try have him to either shut the stupid site down or the least he can get this GREG to do his through legal rights, pay a penalty and add the delete option for ALL registered members. Will keep you guys up to date...my username in www.bear411.com is Mindthecub

bear3698741 Dec 09, 2013

This site ADVERTISES FREE CHAT but it is A SCAM!! The site owner wants people to create profiles to make it look like there are a lot of members. What he really wants is your money! FALSE ADVERTISING!!! You log on and find that you have messages but can’t open them … EXTORTION !!! I’m pissed… I don’t want my profile on the site and there is no way to delete it or contact anyone at Bear 411. He is full of c*** stating that he has all of these expenses for “site traffic.” He is making all of this money off of this site… he should have it staffed. REMOVE PROFILES stop extorting your “members”.

• Lo
    losgatosguy Jan 02, 2014

I too have sent Greg numerous emails asking to delete my profile. Count me in when lawsuit gets filed.

• Do
    Doosdad Feb 05, 2014

Has anyone discovered any new tricks to delete these accounts from Bear411?

JasMar Feb 25, 2014

Write something really ###ed up about the Bear community and it will get deleted. lol. That's what I ended up doing. I wrote about how pathetic desperate these old fat lonely men are I got deleted right away. Kind of messed up but I didn't have any other choice. I don't know who this guy running the site thinks he is. He sounds like the type of person I wrote about above.

• To
    top4bear Jun 02, 2014

Hello
    I tried to create a new profil in bear411 but the page is blink in white color does not let me see it can u help me what is the problem
    my email is [email protected] thanks

• Wo
    wolf67 Aug 16, 2014

Yeah, I HATE this site - I've spent the better part of a year trying to get deleted, and no such luck. I'm about to try the writing something offensive method. I get emails despite writing back to get unsubscribed (of course those emails bounce back) and direct pleas to the site haven't helped -- we're all being held prisoner there, and not in a fun way. Count me in if someone files suit against them!

• Bi
    BillyBuck Oct 29, 2014

I've also been on bear411 for quite a few years, but deleted my profile in '12 because of some of the rude and arrogant ###s on there. I had sent a message to a guy who was very good looking. I told him he was and blah blah blah. He sent back a reply saying "I wish I could say the same thing about you". I was going to send him a little nasty gram back, but the mofo BLOCKED me! Now, is that or is that not childish?
    I returned in January of '14 (free membership). For the first couple of days, it's not too bad, as you can check out the pics and profiles of most of the members. After that, it goes down hill. And as usual, the rude and arrogant ###s are on there, but I'm sure they will be on any BEAR site besides this one.
    But for now, all I want to do is delete my current profile and put up another one under a new name.

angry bear Nov 22, 2014

Yeah no delete button and no contact email or phone number to ask them to remove it even when I replied to the webmaster or tried [email protected] .. they bounced back.. I'm pretty sure they are violating the law. I'll keep looking even if I had to sue them.

• Bn
    bnard15 Dec 03, 2014

There is no problem with Bear 411 taking your money, but don't try and have your account deleted or canceled it's next to impossible.

• Fr
    FRAUD666 Dec 16, 2014

the owner will not let you delete your picture and remove your profile. my situation has changed and I am unable to leave this site. this is very strange.so he is using a picture of me 10 years ago and i can't take it down. i can't believe someone would keep old pictures up for marketing purposes and then not allow me to take them down. if you are an attorney, please contact me. Class action lawsuit needed!

• Aa
    AaronSteel Jan 03, 2015

Bear411 is a poorly managed social site. The construction of the site and it's GUI is incredibly complicated and poorly structured. At first appearance, it looks like a trash-ad site that you land on after clicking on a misguided link. I presume it is one of those garage or basement type sites that is only monitored and reviewed when the owners get home from their shift at the chicken plant. It should provide a user a way to delete or request a deletion of the account. The automated form emails provide absolutely no way of contacting the website or admin of the site. If you refresh the page, it resets the cookie file and then you must log back into your account. I could go on and on about the issues this site has. I refuse to pay for the service because of the disorganized and lack of personality toward customers.

• Aa
    AaronSteel Jan 03, 2015

One issue I also have with the site is the very poor security and privacy issues they provide. No pictures can be made private for paid or free accounts. In addition, you are only permitted to use alpha-numeric characters in your password. That doesn't fly with me well at all. We're not in the 90s with Prodigy or AOL accounts. Our personal information should be handled correctly. Also, I have had a couple free accounts from time to time to come back and see if Bear411 has been updated... it is very behind the times!

• Ge
    Geoff Foster Jan 05, 2015

[email protected]

jay68 Jan 13, 2015

I want my profile deleted. I hate this sight.

• Gr
    grenner Jan 15, 2015

I just had a tough time cancelling my Priority Access as there is no email I can find that doesn't bounce back. To cancel a paying membership, go to vtsup.com and it will give you instructions. Hope this helps someone.

• Id
    idontlikeit Jan 19, 2015

Wow! I thought is was just me being a doofus unable to find out how to close a profile. Guess not. Glad I never had a paid subscription. I can't imagine how rough stopping a recurring from this shyster would be. What a ###ed up way to do business. Maybe the off-the-wall messages I got were from men trying to get cancelled who are not, in fact, weirdos. Or maybe not. I wonder if I toss some copyrighted images up there if it will cancel the profile? Does seem like a '90's bear site that's had minimal updates so it can be loaded by current browsers and serve ads.

BEAR411 DRAMA Jan 31, 2015

Hey guys, GET YOUR ACCOUNT FROM BEAR411 REMOVED IN LESS THEN 24HRS

after creating a profile, i paid for one month to see how it was, after one month i really wasn't interested on this site as it really sucks. Well, comes to find out that, in the terms and conditions it says : IN ORDER TO DELETE YOUR PROFILE YOU MUST NOT LOGIN TO IT FOR 90 DAYS, AFTER 90 DAYS OF INACTIVITY IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED. Well, i agreed that its legal within their policy BUT i wasn't just gona leave my personal info there, so, i good trick for you guys to DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT IN LESS THEN 24 HOURS is :
    simply remove all your pictures, and add lots of pictures ( download them from internet ) that says, delete me, delete my account...( see example here ). LOL-----my account was gona in a few hours. Good luck all, and STAY AWAY from this site, it sucks

• To
    Torcan Feb 13, 2015

Bear 411 is the worst dating site I ever seen, I was a paying member for 3 month, communicating with other members was not user friendly at all so I stopped paying but even though it says joining is free, all is free is using your pictures and profile to show they have lots of members, no way to delete my profile.
    It's more like scam, I hate the site.
    Stay away from it.

• Fl
    flavioguy Mar 12, 2015

I was having the same issue. Finally, I just posted a new profile about how much I hated the fact that I couldn't get off Bear411 and how much better Bearwww.com was. And how unfair Greg and the site were. Next day, , , , profile was gone.

• Re
    Resim Mar 26, 2015

To get your profile deleted, I did the following. I went to Profile change, deleted all my details and my pictures and uploaded a picture of a nun trying to get computer courses. Also I did add an animation file as a picture and my profile.

If you wish to lookup the owner of the sites use the following tools:

To obtain their ip address, go to your command prompt and type in: ping "website name" and press enter.

After that make a IP lookup to get details.

If the owner of the site is still using your card details, you can actually contact the local police and send them to him with a complaint for fraudulent actions.

Actually there is also his own website so called: http://www.buddybear.net

By performing a lookup on whois.net I found the following:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

Domain Name: BUDDYBEAR.NET
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 02:40:35 GMT <<<

• Ro
    RocknBall Apr 09, 2015

Useful information about bear411.com

The owner is called Gregory Noe from Webid Consulting ltd and his company is based in London, UK, please see details below:

Source: http://who.is/whois/bear411.info

Registrant Contact Information:

Administrative Contact Information:

Technical Contact Information:

Billing Contact Information:

Information Updated: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:19:46 UTC

Please note that the HQ of the company is in London UK. However Gregory Noe (aka Buddybear) lives in Montreal Canada. If you have problems by being ripped off, you alternatively can call the London Police in the UK or also the Police in Montreal to file a complaint.

Interesting links are:

London Police from abroad:
    Tel: +44 20 7601 2222
    Email: [email protected]

Montreal Canada Police:
    For non-urgent matters, call us at (+1) 514-280-2222
    I want to provide information anonymously: INFO-CRIME MONTRÉAL : (+1) 514-393-1133
    You also can complete online the form and send it by email to them.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Remember: by not acting, you let criminals get away with it!

• St
    Steven Hawthorne Aug 03, 2015

I have tried repeatedly to contact this website to remove my profile and close my account and nothing is ever done and they continue to charge my debit card

Bear411sux Oct 22, 2015

Crapiest site I've ever been on, it will not let you delete your pic or your profile, it will not let you change your address or location. When I started I was in Texas, now I'm in Alabama, all i get r comments from people in Texas now. I hate this site and the people who run it, I have repeatedly asked to delete my profile and I will not. Think twice before you join the s*******