BB&Tclosed account

In the month of September I was charged overdraft fees for a 57cent item on my account and a $3.55 item on my account. This came to a total of $70 in overdraft fees. That also led to us being charged another overdraft a few days later. I spoke with a Christina Owens in customer service and explained the minor situation and asked her what the chances were that she could help me out. Her response, "zero to none" I was lit up and let this person have a piece of my mind. I then spoke with a customer service manager after many tries to explain how poor their customer service was. She was wonderful and apologetic and seemed to be the only person that had any sympathy with my situation. This was not resolved but I was satisfied that at least I had someone that understood my situation.

BB&T has changed their policy on overdrafts effective Jan. 1st. I showed up at the local branch to discuss the issue. The branch manager Amy Hildebrandt was rude and disrespectful and would not even admit that their was a change in policy and kept referring to the current policy but wouldn't admit that the policy had changed.
She stated she knew nothing about it. I was insulted by her demeanor.

I then ask for the number of a supervisor and she stated that person was Mildred Elliot, the branch operations manager. I asked for her phone number but Amy stated that she was in and out of branches all week. I explained that if she was a person to get hold of she must have a phone number where I could leave a message. Amy finally conceded there was a phone number and she gave it to me.

I then came home and called Mildred Elliot to leave a message. I also looked up the article I found online that was in a Winston-Salem newspaper. Being a lover of sarcasm and feeling that I was being lied to by Ms. Hildebrandt I called and left her a message as to where she could find the article as I thought she should be informed of her banks policies.

I received a phone message from Ms. Elliot returning my call but I am a teacher and I was unable to get to the phone. I gave her some available times that she could contact me. That was a Tuesday and I had not heard from her all week after that. I called on Friday afternoon and she was available. I asked her why her own branch manager wouldn't know about a new policy change and got a round about way of being told that the policy was not in effect yet and they have all kinds of policies. This didn't answer my question and I then asked her to answer my question. She said it's obvious that I wasn't happy. I stated that I really get tired of the double talk and passing the buck when it comes to discussing the resolution of these fees. She ended up hanging up on me when I insisted on getting an answer to the questions that I was asking. She stated that she had answered the questions to the best of her ability. She then stated that she was ending the conversation. I kept her on stating I had not been rude and expected some customer service. She just hung up.

I then got home to receive the kicker. A letter from a person who I spent 20 min. on the phone with stating that my accounts were being closed with absolutely no explanation as to why they were being closed. I went to the branch manager Amy Hildebrandt who just played dumb and stated that the letter was from the operations manager. I said, "yes, the same person I asked you about the other day. It is obvious that you are aware for the reason for this letter. You really shouldn't play dumb with customers, it's disrespectful." She stated, "well maybe it's because you keep asking about the overdraft policy." She was no help at all and I just realized she was a monster ### and I wasn't going to get anywhere speaking with her.

So here I sit with bank accounts that are being closed against my will. Probably the best thing that has happened so far. I feel like the mob has come in and run this bank. This is well beyond loan sharking but I bet a guy named Vinnie from Brooklyn would treat you with more respect.

• Bg
    BG77 Jun 02, 2010

Not sure what you were "disputing" here. Unless you left out info, an overdraft is an overdraft whether 70 cents or 770 dollars.

Banks, like all companies, reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone. If you acted like a fool, they probably felt you not worth dealing with. Sorry to be blunt.