The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Bath Fitter — Unprofessional service
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
This isn't the first time I've had trouble with Bath Fitters in Burlington, Vermont. The last time they incorrectly installed the drain, tried in every way to avoid redoing it, then finally agreed to pay whatever plumber I hired to do it right. They also left a piece of molding unglued. The product itself is pretty good, if over-priced.(About $3, 000 for the basic model with a corner shelf - four years ago)
This time, however, the request was really simple. I called Burlington to find out what kind of screw driver I needed to remove the clean out cap under the spigot. It was one of those that require a square-tipped screw driver which come in three sizes. At that point I didn't even know such screws existed.
Nobody answered the phone; "please leave a message and we'll call right back." That was three weeks ago. Meanwhile, I'd made the trek to Home Depot to see if anybody there would help me and ended up buying the wrong size screw bits for my drill. Another week later I get to the hardware store and buy a proper screwdriver. If it was the right size, it still stripped screw - probably because the screw was the wrong size for the opening. I really had to work at getting it out. The 2-inch brass screw(!) was toast by the time I finally got it out, using pliars. It took about 8 minutes to remove it (it was VERY tight) and meanwhile the cap got scratched. I'm pretty sure that screw was too large and not intended for that opening.
Looking at the complaints in the margin I see "Bath Fitter is unprofessional" I have to agree. Too bad. AS I say, the product is pretty good if over-priced. Bath Fitters service ***.
More Bath Fitter Complaints & Reviews
- Bath Fitter - Total scam
- Bath Fitter - They tried to force me to sign a contract
- Bath Fitter - Avoid tub liners
- Bath Fitter - Something to consider BEFORE calling Bath Fitter
- Bath Fitter - Bath Fitter does horrible installation, uses pressure tactics on seniors, lies about problems and the installer was very poorly trained .
- Bath Fitter - refused to give an estimate unless spouse was home
- Bath Fitter - refund
- Bath Fitters - shower installation failure
- Bath Fitters - bath fitters and, and flooding house tardy in finishing job. product does not have lifetime guarantee as advertised
- Bath Fitter - Grim business