Bath FitterUnprofessional service

M

This isn't the first time I've had trouble with Bath Fitters in Burlington, Vermont. The last time they incorrectly installed the drain, tried in every way to avoid redoing it, then finally agreed to pay whatever plumber I hired to do it right. They also left a piece of molding unglued. The product itself is pretty good, if over-priced.(About $3, 000 for the basic model with a corner shelf - four years ago)

This time, however, the request was really simple. I called Burlington to find out what kind of screw driver I needed to remove the clean out cap under the spigot. It was one of those that require a square-tipped screw driver which come in three sizes. At that point I didn't even know such screws existed.

Nobody answered the phone; "please leave a message and we'll call right back." That was three weeks ago. Meanwhile, I'd made the trek to Home Depot to see if anybody there would help me and ended up buying the wrong size screw bits for my drill. Another week later I get to the hardware store and buy a proper screwdriver. If it was the right size, it still stripped screw - probably because the screw was the wrong size for the opening. I really had to work at getting it out. The 2-inch brass screw(!) was toast by the time I finally got it out, using pliars. It took about 8 minutes to remove it (it was VERY tight) and meanwhile the cap got scratched. I'm pretty sure that screw was too large and not intended for that opening.

Looking at the complaints in the margin I see "Bath Fitter is unprofessional" I have to agree. Too bad. AS I say, the product is pretty good if over-priced. Bath Fitters service ***.

• Dl
    dlewenz Oct 14, 2013

Bath Fitter is a franchise org, the HQ out of Canada does not spend enough time training dealers in many markets. Bath Fitters out PA, is a class act, they do it right and the first time. True it is not cheap, but if you have a classic cast Iron tub it is by far the best solution. I sold for Bath Fitters for three months in Cleveland, Great team and great company. Always remember you get what you pay for.

• BathFitterCS Nov 22, 2013

Hello, we're sorry to hear you've had a difficult experience. Our customer service team would like to reach out to your local office to find out more about what happened. Please reach our team at [email protected] and include your contact information so our team can assist you further. Thanks!

• Di
    Diane R Rochon Apr 25, 2016

We have used Bath Fitter 3 times so far. We are now redoing one of the bathrooms and noticed that on one of the previous jobs, the installer decided to cut the acrylic fitting to go over the existing baseboards. What a bad job. We called Bath Fitter back. To bad they said. The installer did the best job possible they say! Looks really bad. Now we have bathtub with 2 holes at each end. Never use this company.

Comments