Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Window & Door Installation Bath Fitter Franchising Shower Panel Door Exploded - Charging me to replace!

Bath Fitter Franchising - Shower Panel Door Exploded - Charging me to replace!

R
Author of the complaint
8:01 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased 2 Bath Fitter tub surrounds with 2 sliding shower doors (4 glass panels) that were installed in the hallway bath and master bathrooms on May 27, 2008 for $4, 100.00 by the Milford Ct. Store. On October 1, 2015, out of the blue, I heard a deafening crash coming from the hallway bathroom. I found that one of the 2 the shower panel doors shattered all over the room (both inside and outside the tub). (see pictures attached to email previously sent sent to Connie Traughber on 10/2) Shards of glass were everywhere. If anyone had been in the bathroom at the time, the physical injury would have been extreme, if not, lethal. In fact, none had even used the shower for 1 month since my daughters were at College- thank Goodness. I immediately called Bath Fitter and I sent an email to Connie Traughber of Bath Fitter. Scott called me back on October 2nd from the the Milford CT Bath Fitter location saying they are simply a franchisee and they do not do anything but a service call where they CHARGE $250 to install another panel. He even suggested I BUY another door! Most interestingly, the glass door panel I purchased "the Obscure Door" has been discontinued. Despite my requests, no one has explained the reason for this -- clearly this is a defective product that should have been recalled. Based on Bath Fitter shower panel explosion complaints I have seen on line, obviously Bath Fitter was previously made aware of a defect that caused the shower panel to shatter. Clearly, Bath Fitter knew or should have known that the door would shatter and possibly cause devastating personal injury or even death. Clearly this imposes liability well beyond warranty issues. At this point, even if we replace the exploded door, we still have 3 other panels that could explode similarly without warning. Given that my husband and I use our shower everyday, this is cause for grave concern. Without question, we need to have this situation addressed immediately. I emailed Ms. Connie Traughber requesting the solution to this situation attaching the Pictures of the exploded panel door - yet received NO RESPONSE. So, Today I called again, talked to Sophie in customer service who said all the managers were in a meeting. She had Scott (Milford) call me to say I need to pay over 300 Dollars to replace all 4 defective doors! This is outrageous and needs to be addressed immediately. I should not be charged anything to replace defective material.

Helpful? 0 0

Bath Fitter Franchising - refund
3 comments
J
Feb 01, 2021 8:01 am

I woke at 7 AM to a horrible breaking noise- I later found my Bathfitter Glass door completely Shattered. I bought the house & was given the Paperwork & told it was a Lifetime warrenty, I was told today they would replace the doors then later that they would not.

View 0 more photos
M
Oct 25, 2015 8:01 am

Contact your state's attorney general and file a formal complaint.

K
May 23, 2021 8:01 am

I have their glass doors as well, I think I will just remove them myself for safety. What is defective in the glass for this to happen and has anyone suffered injurie's?

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints