Barton PublishingFraudulent Credit Card Charges

I ordered a document on Acid Reflux treatment for $19.95 and was charged $122.54 or the "Acid RefluX Kit" and possibly a subsciption that I refused. Although I disputed the charge to them and I received nothing more than a small PDF file with suggestions on avoiding or curing Acid Reflux the charge remains. I am disputing it with the credit cad company and awaiting results.

RESOLVED

• He
    Hemisphere Mar 06, 2015

I listened to the entire spiel on the Diabetes Solution Kit. I was ready to order but decided to check it out. I am 75 and was diagnosed a year ago but am still in denial. I have meds but don't take them. Checked on the Chronium they recommended. You can buy it over the counter, seem safe. I have heard about cinnamon before. I may get some Chronium pills and put cinnamon on my cereal. And keep my money. The low price is what hooks people. All us old people are not gullible.

• Jl
    J lamarche. Nov 04, 2014

I ordered the books for health and was given my account information and password. There is no way of being able to reach you people as I have not received the books since I placed my order September 7, 2014 at 1237 pm.

camdavem Sep 24, 2014

Wonder why these guys have an annual subscription? Even more weird is that there is no way to contact them to cancel the "order."

• Th
    Thomas Grund Jul 11, 2014

PleASE DISPUTE THESE CHARGES THROUGH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY!

• Au
    A. Umpierre Feb 26, 2013

I bought an electronic book from Barton last year. Today I received a bill for $57.00 for the renewal of an alleged membership. They say they already charged the amount to my credit card. It is an unauthorized withdrawal and I want my money back.

• Za
    zakiyyah ahmed Jul 17, 2012

I paid for two versions of the High Blood Pressure Kit, I only received the down load version.I have not received the paper copy yet, after talking to several people promising to send it to me.I am disappointed, because it has been over one mouth and a half and still have not heard any thing from no one.There are questions in my mind how they show concern about people!

• Va
    Vaunceil Cox Jul 07, 2012

On 06-12-2012 I placed an online order to Barton Publishing for a number of books. The total charged was $103.11 which was sent to my credit card company for payment on 06-13-2012. So far I finally received one book on brain and memory Health, All 4 reports in one. If this is all I am going to received I HAVE BEEN SCAMED GOOD! V Cox [email protected]

• Sh
    Shoji Claus Jun 25, 2012

Same thing happened to me!!!

I ordered the High Blood Pressure kit from them OVER A MONTH AGO. After the first time they failed to ship me my kit (or as they say the post office magically lost just their shipment TWICE!!). I called back and a representative told me that would they expedite the shipping and give me a tracking number so that I could track this package.

NOPE, instead I get a series of nonchalant, non caring emails from Brandi stating it's been shipped regular speed with NO TRACKING NUMBER. NO PROOF!

Well, it's been OVER A MONTH now and STILL NO PACKAGE. I called in telling them that I've been given two months to lower my blood pressure and that this is life threatening. My blood pressure is at 160/120 at rest. This is dangerously high and I am relying on their miracle natural cure to help me manage my condition. Meagan, the manager refused to ship to me UPS even if I payed!!! THEY DON'T CARE!

I have an 8 month baby girl I want to live for. BARTON PUBLISHING COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!

They'll gladly take your money and NEVER GIVE YOU WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!

• Le
    leelee6 May 30, 2012

I paid 19.95 for Acid reflux book, earlier this month. However when I looked at my Bank statement, on 5/7/12, I was charged $109.78 for merchandise never received. This company is a fraud. Where is my money?

• Le
    leelee6 May 30, 2012

Paid for products on 5/7/12 in the amount of $109.78. Never received them. Called customer service # listed, no longer working. Leelee6

• Rm
    r martin Mar 20, 2012

I ordered a blood pressure package and they debited my account 49.00 but never received this in the mail, then not able to contact them by email or phone.

Cheryl Helms Oct 06, 2011

Ordered a book from Barton Publishing on How to Get rid of Kidney Stones, account was charged and never received merchandise. Why???

• Mg
    M Gill Dec 22, 2010

Yes, I have also been getting fraudulent charges on my card. Be careful of these scam artists. Since these charges were on one of my least used cards, it has taken me a while to discover these false debits. I have no idea how I am going to cancel these automatic withdrawals.

• Gr
    Grace milewska Oct 21, 2010

I did not got my money back, I asked many times --for the report I did not want.
    What to do?
    Grace.

• Vo
    vongdao sisouvong Oct 17, 2010

I BOUGHT BOOK FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE FROM BARTON ON SEPT 01 2010 TRIED TO CANCEL SEPT 02, 2010 BY PHONE AND E-MAIL BUT NEVER GET RESPOND BACK. A FEW DAYS LATER THEY SENT BOOKS AND JUNK STUFFS, IT COSTS ME DEARLY $97.52 FOR JUNKS. I RETURNED THE JUNKS BACK ON SEPT 30, 2010 UNTIL NOW I HEARD NOTHING FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY. I ALREADY REPORT TO MY BANK.

ANY SUGGESTIONS, NEED HELP

• Gr
    Grace milewska Sep 21, 2010

I get by mistake report about hypothrodism edited on computer, I do not need this report, I want my money back, they say if something wrong I will get money back, I keep sending email every day, nobody answers--only computer generated answer, which has inactive links to something...
    Please help!!!

GK at Barton Publishing Apr 14, 2010

Catherine,
    We are sorry if there is any confusion regarding the services you subscribed to. Have you contacted customer service about this? We are more than happy to reconcile any differences there may be, but we do need more information. Please contact me and we'll work to get this resolved. Thanks.
    Barton Publishing Customer Service

• Ag
    Against theft Apr 14, 2010

You are absolutely correct. Barton Publishing is a SCAM where they STEAL your credit card information and sell it/share it/give it to numerous affiliates that charge whatever it is that they're supposedly selling you on a monthly basis. Your only option out is to cancel your credit card and get your visa company to charge back. I ordered a medical report and had charges from various affiliates for $29.95 monthly until my husband who reconciles our Visa noticed it and asked what I was buying. I have no idea what I was buying, because I certainly didn't receive anything. I thought stealing credit card information is considered theft, so I don't know how they have gotten away with THEFT so long.

Catherine Reynolds Apr 07, 2010

A monthly fee of $5.63 is being taken from my credit card account. I haven't authorised it and I have changed my email account.

• My
    mylink Feb 27, 2010

Thanks so much for the heads up i was going to order that for acid reflux has it worked for you any . Could you give me some suggestions. Thanks

GK at Barton Publishing Oct 28, 2009

Liam,
    Just checking to be sure you are satisfied with the cancellations that you requested. If you need further assistance, please contact me at [email protected] Thank you.

Customer Support

GK at Barton Publishing Oct 28, 2009

Wilma,
    Did you contact the company for refunds of the charges and have they stopped the monthly charges? If you still need assistance, please contact me at [email protected] Thank you.

Customer Support

• Wi
    wILMA HIRD Jul 27, 2009

I purchased a Gout report from Barton Publishing in April - I have found unauthorised charges taken from my credit card account every month following that. Beware the scam! Wilma

• Li
    Liam Jul 11, 2009

I cancelled the weekly newsletter and am still being charged via my credit card. I called last Wed and talked with a person who said the e-Newsletter and the WellnessWatchersMD were both cancelled.

• Ka
    Kate Robinson May 01, 2009

I made one purchase from Barton publishing and now welmart are taking money from my account each month without authorisation. I want to be reimbursed for 2 months of $29.95. I believe they are the same company.

Capitanjan Apr 18, 2009

All the before mentioned stories are tru. They are total crooks!!

Mad Mar 25, 2009

I had the same experience & am ticked off!!! I tried to unsubscribe to their e-mails & all of a sudden I got a $4.95 charge from them on my debit account. It's not the amount but the principal. This company is like a disease that I can't get rid of! I'm really regretting ever getting the $9.95 download. This has turned out to be a difficult lesson, one that I will not soon forget. Definitely not trusting the internet for other such things.

• Be
    Beth Mar 22, 2009

Barton Publishing should be ashamed of the way they have set up the checkout pages on their site. Click the wrong button and suddenly you have spent money you didn't intend to. I ended up getting charged $35.00 for what I thought was a $19.95 download. Judging from the long list of complaints I have seen on the internet, this is an intentional scam. Barton Publishing should not conduct business this way.

• Va
    Valerie niland Mar 21, 2009

Ovwercharged at initial purchase...website does not provide an overide to cancel their overcharge and now unauthorised debits to my account Visa Australia

• Wi
    wiantua Mar 20, 2009

I received a credit card charge of $15.21 on my credit card bill that I do not know where it is from.
    I made a one time order from them and paid for it.

Please, let them stop these charges immediately and refund what has been charged.
    Thanks

Chrys Akem

Marguerite Mar 19, 2009

I ordered a once off e-book from Barton. Since then they are sending me e newsletter that I dont want and charge me $9 every time on on credit card. I have tried to stop this but they are ignoring my letters.

Mary Fleij Mar 18, 2009

Same thing! They are total scam artists. I'm thinking about canceling my card to get a new one since they seem to just do whatever they want with it. Disgusting!

• Ba
    Barbara Robinson Mar 17, 2009

After ordering an online booklet for remedies for GERD or Acid reflux
    I was charged 19.95 which I accept but then I have been charged another 1.83 and yet another 29.95 dollars from Welwatch which I know nothing about. These people should be banned from the internet and by Google.
    Mrs B J Robinson
    Murcia Spain

• Ro
    Robert Feb 28, 2009

Hello, I am with WellnessWatchersMD. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. We have recently made improvement to our customer service system. Please contact us via email at [email protected] or by telephone at [protected] and we will resolve your issue promptly. Thank you for your patience!

• Ji
    Jimmy Feb 21, 2009

The same thing happened to me!! I ordered the UTI Report and one month later they charged my credit card for the acid reflux remedy without even ordering it!!! I emailed them but never got a response. Does anyone know their telephone #?? NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

• Ti
    Tina Feb 20, 2009

Reflux Remedy through Barton Publishing has placed charges to my credit card without permission. After informing them I did not want the 'extra" products from the get-go, I receive notification that are charging my credit card anyway.

Dishonest!

• Ed
    Ed Cornett Feb 19, 2009

Charges were made to my VISA card on 9/04/08 $17.00 and 9/15/08 for 19.95 by Barton Publishing. I have no record of ordering or receiving anything from them. wellnesswatchersMD credit card scam may be connected to this.

• Cr
    Craig Dow Feb 12, 2009

Same here i bought a paper on high blood preasure and the have being taking a payment off my visa card for the last 4 mths !!

Cheripy Feb 11, 2009

I ordered a report from Barton's and there was a page that said I qualified for 4 bonus reports. Thinking they were included, I checked 4 of them. Then after putting in my card information, there was no page to review the order and submit. I got a receipt page showing I had been charged $39.95 for the bonus reports. I tried to go back and re-do the order, but ended up being charged for the original report ($19.95) and also the bonus reports ($39.95). I send an immediate email to their service department, but after 3 weeks, I have had no reply.
    My bank wants documentation for their investigation, but all I have is their email verifying my order. So, I am probably out the $39.95, but my bank has been notified not to release any more funds to them.

• Ke
    Ken Parks Jan 15, 2009

BARTON PUBLISHING designs their ads and ordering process to RIP OFF anyone ordering their so-called health products. The order process does not have a preview of what items you order prior to submittla. When you call the 800 number, you get a recording telling you to e-mail their dis-service department. You never get a response.

Once you do all of this... DO NOT accept their product nor click on their download link. Call your credit card company and file a complaint. You will be credited back and the investigation process may take up to 90 days.

BARTON PUBLISHING is a fraudelent outfit... period!