Barnes and Noblereturn policy

T

I just had a baby. Do you know how many people have given us duplicate books? Everything from what to expect (During pregnancy, during year one, etc. ) to baby books, and children's books. Often the books come wrapped in the box from barnes and noble.com. However, since I don't have the receipt, I can't return the duplicate items. It is tacky and rude to ask the gift giver to locate the receipt and hand it over. I've been donating the books, but it seems ridiculous that we are unable brand new, unopened books. Store credit would be great. I don't need cash - just let me select a dr. Suess book that we don't already own!

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 03, 2011

You shouldn't blame B&N for that. Blame your gift-givers who didn't think to give you a gift receipt.