Menu

Barclays Bank  -  Card cancelled

J
Author of the complaint
3:17 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received an email about the end of May stating my card (last 4 digits 5141) had been cancelled due to lack of use. I have had other card companies that sent me an email saying if I didn't use in the next few weeks they would cancel my card, so I used it. No problem.
I called customer service at [protected], the Asian Lady that tried to help me was hard to understand. I had to repeat myself several times explaing my problem with the card cancelled. I told her my card should not be cancelled without a warning about lack of use. She looked on her computer and stated I had been Mailed a letter in November of 2020. I did not receive a letter from Barclays, saying if I didn't use the card it would be cancelled. No email either. Six months later in May 2021 I received an EMAIL (9 months later) telling me my card had been cancelled for lack of use. No letter was received this time. I asked why they hadn't sent another warning in that 6 month period. I told her it was just a misunderstanding and I would like to have my card reactivated. She said I would have to apply for a new card. I told her that my credit score had gone down because the card had been cancelled and would likely go down some more if I applied for a new card. I asked to talk to a supervisor, after waiting 10 minutes I was talking to another Asian Lady working from her home. I heard kids yelling & a dog barking that made it hard to hear her. I told her what had happened and got the same response the other Lady had given me. Why is your customer service center in Asia?
I would like to have my card reinstated for credit score repair. I would have used the card if I had known about it. My card has an 03/23 experation date on it. Thank You in advance, James F Hendricks. My email address is [protected]@comcast.net

More Barclays Bank complaints & reviews