Bankers Life and Casualtymisleading sales tactics

I trained with this company and was taught to use a misleading script implying the company wanted to "explain" Medicare to those turning 65. What the company wanted to do was sell a medicare suppliment. We were also trained in how to use psychological intimidation (control the conversation, etc.) The company also told us to pass along complaints about do not call to our supervisors, who supposedly removed numbers from the call lists, except they did not do so, and people were repeatedly called again and again. The company required payment to train, payment for business cards etc. Leads were given out to the contractors most like the branch manager (young male) and not to the females or older workers. If this is the only way to brek into the insurance business, RUN! To top it off, the independent contractors were expected to work six days a week and had to sign that they would not reveal anything about the company for a period of time (which, yes, for me is over). I chose to work with this company because of it's link to Alzheimer's research, but that is the ONLY thing about it that is decent. I would not work for the OR buy from them. I now work at a REAL job with a steady paycheck, benefits and a five day work week. I urge anyone thinking of taking up this kind of work to think again. Being an independent contractor for shysters like this only means being used. I am sad, because I actually believe in good insurance products and would have been happy to sell them in a reputable environment.

• Na
    Nancy J Martin Jan 12, 2015

My mother was visited in her home without any family members present and sold a policy for (eventual Long term care). My mother had mild dementia at this time. I had no idea that she had signed this or started paying on it. By the time I took over as Power Of Attorney for my mother I noticed she was 9, 000.00 into the policy which paid out at 50, 000 which frankly is nothing in terms of the cost of assisted living. She was also absolutely unaware (dementia) that she had little choice in where the assisted care would be provided. No sales person should ever go to a Senior's home, not knowing at all the condition mentally of that person and sell them anything. I think the company is rife with fraudulent activity. I asked to have the money returned and they of course refused. Trying to fight them is extremely difficult. Beware of this company. I think that referring to them as underhanded is very soft.