The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Bankers Life and Casualty — Home Care Insurance
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Last year my mother needed home care for about 7 weeks during cancer treatments. I have had nothing but trouble contacting Bankers in Chicago or the local office in Topeka, Kansas, and getting the correct forms. When I finally was sent the correct forms, a good six months had passed, but I tracked down 25 caregivers to fill out the forms I should have been sent when I first asked for this material. When I called to ask questions about the form (it was difficult to tell if it should be completed by the week or by the caregiver) I was told that none of the agents could meet with me because they were all out selling policies. When I said, "So, you are more interested in selling new policies than backing up the ones you have sold, " I got an 8:00 a.m. appointment with a representative who couldn't understand the forms either.
I had finally sent everything off and called the Chicago office to find out the status of the claim. I was told that it was difficult to understand the forms and to photocopy everything, receipts, forms, the spreadsheet I had made, etc., and resubmit it. Last week I got a letter accusing me of trying to file a duplicate claim! In the meantime, the check for one week of care that had been received was unable to be deposited and had to be returned. Calls to the Chicago office have been frustrating, they are rude and unhelpful, and only once have they bothered to return my calls.
How in the world does a sick and elderly person file a claim with these people? Do they hope the insured will just give up?
More Bankers Life and Casualty Complaints & Reviews
- Bankers Life and Casualty - It's true they are crooks
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Get ready for the run around
- Bankers Life and Casualty - Scam
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Hiring Practices
- Bankers Life and Casualty - scam or fraud
- Bankers Life & Casualty - Deceit
- Bankers Life and Casualty - Unsolicited Recruitment Practices
- Bankers Life and Casualty - Be careful
- Bankers Life & Causality - Call and interview are misrepresentations ~ not true !!
- Bankers Life & Casualty Company - life insurance