Bailey's Powerhouse GymBilling/Collections

N

Billing/CollectionsI started a membership with Baileys in 2014. My fiancé and I both held memberships for a year and made month to month payments. His card was stolen and he froze his account and received a new card. We were not able to pay Baileys anymore but they continued to bill us because we had no card information entered. The last interim statement that I received from baileys was December 19, 2014. The balance was $208.34. I never received any other notice from Baileys until March 26, 2015 which stated "Thank you for your past patronage at Baileys Gym, Inc. In reviewing your account, our records indicate your account is pending collections due to your unpaid balance and or incomplete or missing information. We have not yet received the balance due or new EFT information to fund your account. Your current Balance Due is $613.70. Your account is scheduled for immediate transfer to an outside collection agency for further action in 10 days and additional collection fees will result. This action can and may affect your credit standing with multiple credit reporting agencies. If you fail to contact the Corporate Office within 5 days of receipt of this notice, and correct all default conditions with your Membership Agreement, we will have no other recourse but to continue with the collections efforts detailed above. This is your last opportunity to bring your account current. I was very shocked that from December 19 to March 26 my balance skyrocketed up $405. They could not explain to me as to why this was happening and said that it was because of missed payments, but I still can't understand how it became that amount. They had no way of mailing or emailing me how they got to the number $613.70. There may not even be any record of why it reached this amount. Nevertheless, I am a fair person, I knew that I hadn't paid in the prior months so I just took the lost and agreed to pay off the balance so my account would not go to collections. I managed to get my account down to $300 in February. I was on maternity leave from December until March without pay. And I have just returned back to work and it is the end of April. My fiancé was without work and we fell on hard times. So I could not afford to make a payment in March. The reason why I am complaining today is because on Friday April 29, 2016 I received this email from baileys gym. Thank you for your past patronage at Baileys Gym, Inc. Please see the attached. Our records indicate your account has a past due unpaid balance of $425.00 and our previous attempts to secure payment have been unsuccessful. This situation has resulted in our transfer of your account to our outside collection agency for further action. This action can and may affect your credit standing with multiple credit reporting agencies. MG Credit will be handling the collection process and has all the information regarding your account. For payments and/or further information, please contact MG Credit directly at [protected]. In addition, all payments and future correspondence regarding this account should be directed to MG Credit, 5115 San Juan Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32210. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. The attachment that I received stated that I had to pay an additional $125 collections fee. I have never heard of a collections fee before. In the email it clearly states that I had a unpaid balance of $425 when my balance was only $300. The balance was only $425 because they added a collections fee. If it was already sent to collections then how could this be a part of the balance that I owed them. Also, the email states that their previous attempts to secure payment were unsuccessful. This also was a lie. They never attempted to secure payments after February. I do not have a card on file because they said that I would have to call in each time I would like to make a payment or go to a Baileys location. Also, when making payments over the phone they always said they couldn't send me receipts through email only through mail. So I do have mailed receipts yet, the last email that I received had an attached receipt in my email. The day that I received this email I immediately called baileys to see if there was anything I could do to reverse this situation. This would obviously ruin my hard earned credit. When speaking to a representative I explained my situation and I asked her why I was not given a notice before my account was sent to collections like the time prior. She told me that it was because they sent me one once before. Which was a year ago in March 2015. I don't understand how this is fair to me if I was paying on this account every month up until February 2016. As I previously stated, I only had $300 left to pay. I also asked her why I was not notified that I needed to make a payment or that I had missed March which would be sending my account to collections. I asked this because there have been times that Baileys have called me and asked if I wanted to make a payment. She responded and told me that those are only courtesy calls and that they don't have to notify you of this. I don't understand how from March to April I had no notice that my account was going to collections. The woman told me that my missed March payment was the reason why it was going to collections. So why was I just receiving notice at the very end of April. I find this very unfair and unprofessional and they are not consistent with anything. I even told her that I could possibly pay the whole thing in full if that would stop my account from going to collections. She then told me that she could not reverse the account from going to collections. Which I am not sure is true or not. All in all, this one missed payment has led to a collections account that will ruin my credibility. This company seems to be stealing money from people and making up numbers in order to get money out of people. They are not lenient about anything, and this is hardly the case with most companies. It seems that they create the rules and policies as they go. This is unfair. I find that in my situation the lack of communication was unfair to me. I just want the justice that I deserve because I know that this is not the correct way to handle a persons account or credit.

• La
    Lachesis Atropos Aug 27, 2018

I'll tell you what, if they try their underhanded crap with me, I WILL make sure every Veteran I know either stays away from this place, doesn't re-up etc...I will contact every Veterans group, I will not stop until they pay financially!

• Us
    user1897581 Aug 28, 2018

@Lachesis Atropos Go [censored] yourself you sick [censored]

• La
    Lachesis Atropos Aug 28, 2018

ALSO, the Bailey's in Palatka, the parking area is not secure at any time of the day, and the gym has no video monitoring/or security in the parking area, only the inside.
    Every time I go to this gym, I have to check our car every 10 minutes (from the inside door/windows), especially in the evening hours! Twice I had to call the police, and yes there were arrests! Even with an alarm on your car, the drug addicts etc. WILL try to break into you car - count on it!
    In the late evening/early morning, you must be careful while getting in and out of your car! Always be alert!

Because of this, it really makes working out difficult at best.