Avas FlowersFlower order by fraudulent company

C Dec 14, 2020

Ava's Flowers Complaint Filed with Attorney General of New Jersey 12/14/2020 Order # 7667820 on 12/11/2020 I ordered flowers online from Ava's Flowers. The link made it appear that they were local (Garden City, Idaho 83714). I am retired on a fixed income and their ad said free delivery which caught me. My sister had sent me $50 to go in on flowers for my sister who is very ill. I ordered an arrangement for $75.00 with free delivery. The order clearly stated one day delivery was available but I chose delivery for the next day, 12/12/2020 so it would be there well before Christmas. I paid using a credit card. As soon as I clicked payment a receipt came up on the screen showing additional service fees that were not made known before which increased the order to $101.70. The next day on 12/12/2020 I called my sister and she had not received any flowers so I went back to the emailed receipt I had been given and tracked the package which then showed the delivery was to be made on 12/28/2020! I immediately went online to their site and found that there was no way to cancel the order even though there is an option to cancel the order - the site just sends you around in circles with no way to instantly contact them. That is when I knew I had been scammed. I went online and saw the hundreds of complaints about this company - no flowers delivered, late deliveries, flowers dead on arrival, order not what was ordered, inflated and hidden additional fees charged... After an hour I finally got a working phone number and was on hold for over 45 minutes then an Hispanic man answered finally and I told him I wanted to cancel my order placed only the day before. He put me on hold for about 25 minutes. He came back on saying it was too late to cancel because it was already processed - even though it was not being delivered until after Christmas??? I argued with him for a good 15 minutes and he said he would refund $17. I demanded full refund and he put me on hold again for a long time. He came back saying the same thing then I threatened him with legal action and filing complaints with everyone I could find if they did not immediately refund my $101.70. He put me back on hold and another Hispanic man who was supposed to be his manager came on saying he would refund me $83.00. I said I would watch my credit card and wait for it to be done - he said it would take 4-5 business days. I demanded it in full again and hung up saying I was contacting my credit card services. which I did - to cancel the credit card so they could not charge me any more. they said the refund would still go through. I filed a fraud claim with the credit card services. Then I received another call from Ava's Flowers saying that they would refund at least the $83 but they would keep the rest for "services rendered" - ridiculous. Well today, I received an email from them saying that "a refund in the amount of $17.95 has been issued. It may take up to 10 days to process this refund." I want my money back! I want this place shut down.