300 Corporate Dr, Mahwah, NJ, 07430, US

Reviews and Complaints

Avas FlowersUnethical business practice

On 7/8 I placed an order for flowers to be delivered to a friend using an AVAS online "special offer". The price was $44.95 with free delivery. Turned out to be $64.94 (free delivery, but was in there after all in the form of a $19.95 "service charge".).
Within 15 minutes I tried to cancel the order, but got a message that customer service would be in touch with me. Assuming that the order was canceled I waited to hear from a customer service rep...still waiting.
A few hours later I found the floral arrangement on my front porch!!!
Obviously a SCAM. There is no way that a person shouldn't be able to cancel an order within fifteen minutes of finding out the price was misrepresented.
The fine print does indicate that orders can be canceled within 24 hours after they are placed, but same day or next day deliveries can not be canceled. Legally they covered their butts, but ethically they leave a lot to be desired.
Steer clear of AVAS Flowers and tell your friends, family and even non friends that they are nothing but a SCAM.
The arrangement was nice, but not $64.95 nice.

Aug 19, 2020

Avas Flowers — Flowers ordered for a funeral

I ordered flowers online for a funeral in a small rural community. I went with Avas Flowers because they said...

Avas FlowersFlowers for my birthday

My boyfriend's mother ordered me Daisey's for my birthday. they were supposed to be delivered on July 10, 2020 they did not show up until July 13 2020. I opened the box, and the flowers were practically dead. The flowers were not Daisey's, they were roses, the pedals on the flowers were already falling off. The packet that you are suppose to add to the flower did not come with this order. Her payment was deducted immediately after several attempts to send the correct order, and still they didn't get the order correct. After being on the phone with them for over an hour, she was told that the order would be sent out by FedEx. Again, they lied about the delivery time and date. Nothing about this company is good. On their website, they advertised as a local florist in North Kingstown RI. That is false information, they came from New Jersey. Very disorganized, lack of communication, and horrible customer service.

Avas FlowersFlowers not delivered when ordered and no response from company

Ordered flowers on 6/19/2020 for delivery that day-order #7027993. Received email that order was scheduled for delivery on 6/22/2020. Called at 2 pm to check on order and was told that order would be delivered by 7pm tonight! When asked for more specific delivery time, I was placed on hold. It is not 2:42 as I type this-I have been on hold for 42 minutes.

Maryanne Morgan Jul 23, 2020

I ordered Flowers and chocolates for my daughter in law for her birthday, the flowers arrived 3 days late, she did not get everything that I ordered and was still charged for everything on my order. I will never order from this knock off company ever again!!! I thought the company was based out of my home state and later found out that they are based out of New Jersey! I spent over two hours on the phone and complained about their services as I dealt with them. They said they were going to upgrade my order for the mix-up but in the end they ended up delivering the smallest bouquet! They lie about everything and should be held accountable for false advertising! This company should be shut down!!! I called them at least six times before they got the order out! Very frustrating!!!

Jun 17, 2020

Avas Flowers — Service

Ordered flowers to be delivered on June 15th, 2020 for a 50th wedding anniversary. Received a call on the day...

Jun 11, 2020

Avas Flowers — "local" flower delivery

On their website they advertised as a local florist in chico, ca. I ordered from their website on 6/5/20 for...