autotrader.comNeeds ability to log complaints

J

Sunday September 21 I researched cars to purchase on AutoTrader.com, owned by TCI Holdings, Inc.

I found a nice car ID: AT-EEAA4AB that I thought I might buy and phoned the "owner" at [protected]. The owner said he wanted cash only, that the car had been stolen and reposed so he had to reduce the price. When I asked questions about it, he asked if I wanted to purchase the car or not. I said I would want to purchase it after I checked out its ownership and repairs. He said, "Good luck" and he terminated the conversation.

I tried to find a method of alerting AutoTrader that this car may be stolen goods, and found none. I don't doubt that AutoTrader may have a way of reporting these things, but they don't make it easy.