Autos Direct Online Logo

Autos Direct Online

Having problems with Autos Direct Online?

Autos Direct Online Customer Service Contacts

4371 Pearl Rd, Cleveland, OH
Cleveland, Ohio

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Autos Direct Online Customer Service. Initial Autos Direct Online complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Autos Direct Online above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Autos Direct Online. Discuss the issues you have had with Autos Direct Online and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Autos Direct OnlineCar Sales Fraud

Purchased vehicle from Autos Direct Online, Julie Turner. I asked very specific questions since it was purchased online. I have made several car purchases online so I was comfortable. Afterall they advertise as being the best. Julie Turner told me the vehicle was PERFECT with NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS, I still have the emails. After receiving vehicle, I took it into the local dealership for state inspection. It FAILED miserably. They stated there was so much rust that the rear backing plates fell off in their hands. Not safe for state roads and should not have been sold in this condition. The rear brakes and rotors gone. There was over $1000 worth of repairs and damage. Thats just the mechanicals. Then there was rust on the body that had been painted over. If this was a PERFECT vehicle, I hate to see what they consider no perfect. Can't believe they are able to sell vehicles unsafe for the state roads. Will contact state attorney about this issue and hopefully they will be shut down. Can't believe an automobile with such low mileage could have this much damage. Only leads me to believe odometer rollback. Oh by the way, I emailed them and they suddendly disappeared. They are frauds and sell junk. So my suggestion is to stay away.

Autos Direct OnlineAutos Direct Online is unscrupulous

I bought a 2005 MINI Cooper S from Autos Direct Online on November 28, 2012. The cost was about $10K, minus what I was given for my trade-in. We test drove the car, and it seemed to perform well. It had about 68, 000 miles and a clean CarFax. However, as soon as I drove the car home to Michigan, it started to act up. The Service Engine warning light came on, and the car suddenly went into "limp mode, " meaning that it operated at reduced power and would not go faster than 20 MPH. Restarting the car would temporarily solve the issue, but the problem continued to recur intermittently, making it hazardous to drive. I took the car to a MINI dealership in Michigan, and, after several trips and $400 worth of diagnostic testing, the mechanics eventually determined that car needed two major electronic modules replaced - at a cost of nearly $3500.

Interestingly, the mechanics found that the car had been repainted after some body work was done on it. Of course, this was not in the Carfax, since whoever performed the work did not enter the information into the vehicle reporting system. The mechanics told me that a car having a clean Carfax is no guarantee that the car has not suffered serious problems.

Shortly after I first experienced problems with the car, I informed my salesperson at Autos Direct Online - named Juan Rosario. He told me: "If there is a major problem with the car, we will take care of you." I interpreted his statement to mean that Autos Direct Online would take the car back and either refund my money or offer the option to select another vehicle they had in stock. I continued to keep Juan Rosario informed about the car - through calls and emails. When the MINI mechanics finally pinpointed the major electronic problems, Juan Rosario requested documentation of the problems and cost. I immediately sent him the documentation. Juan Rosario said he needed to talk to the owners, but assured me that I would get an answer soon and that something would be done to correct the situation.

Juan Rosario never did get back to me with an answer. I called regularly to see what the owners said. When I did get Juan Rosario on the phone, he would say that owners have not had the chance to review my case yet. I suspected that Juan Rosario was stringing me along, but still hoped we could resolve this situation amicably.

Two weeks after I sent Juan Rosario documentation of the major problems, he ceased communicating with me entirely. He would not pick up my calls, or reply to voicemails, texts or emails. I copied the owner of Autos Direct Online, Vince Hugo, and the Sales Manager, Sean Nightingale. They, too, were unresponsive.

I am not sure how I am going to proceed now about the car and whether I will pursue other options to get Autos Direct Online to do the right thing. The options in Ohio for a used car bought "As is" seem limited.

But one thing I am certain of: Autos Direct Online is not a trustworthy company and I regret ever having dealt with them. I am not one to write reviews, but I feel that it is important to inform others who might be considering buying from Autos Direct Online. The car that Autos Direct Online sold me was not only defective, but actually turned out to be dangerous - jeopardizing my (and my passenger's) safety when it suddenly acted up. I don't know if Autos Direct Online knew about the defect when they sold me the car. If they did, then their business practices are utterly unconscionable. If they did not, their failure to correct the situation and honor their word makes them unscrupulous.

I may have thought that I was getting a good deal on a used car at Autos Direct Online. However, the cost of now repairing the car makes it a very bad deal, by all standards.

If you are considering a car at Autos Direct Online, I would strongly advise against it. For your own safety and the sake of your pocketbook, avoid the mistake I made.

• Ta
        tasha1023 Oct 07, 2014

I just experience a situation with getting my title from them 3 months of paper tags and i also live in michigan they all stopped returning my calls text and emails I filed a complaint with bbb now I was informed they closed down and screwed over hundreds of people they are con artist I opened an Iohiohoinvestigation with the attorney general in ohio

• Bu
        bulldog83 Feb 10, 2012

Contacted sean as requested, submitted bills but got no response at all. They neither offered to purchase back the van nor reimburse any expenses. Apparently a false offer made only to appease the unsuspecting public. Shows just how bad this dealer is at duping the public. The proof is right above in their false offer. BUYER BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM AUTOS DIRECT ONLINE.

• Autos Direct Online Jan 22, 2012

We are very disappointed to hear about your issue with your Odyssey van. Please contact our General Manager, Sean Nightingale immediately, so that we can amend this situation for you. We will either offer you a full refund for your purchase price, or investigate a compensation plan for your financial inconvenience. Sean can be reached at [protected] or [email protected]

• Bu
        bulldog83 Jan 21, 2012

I purchased a Odyssey van from autosdirectonline in October, they said it was in great condition, I asked Juan to make sure the trransmission was OK and he said there was no problems with the transmission or anything else on the van. When it arrived the transmission did not last 2 weeks before it stopped, cost thousands to fix, NO HELP AT ALL FROM AUTOSDIRECTONLINE. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY WILL STICK YOU BAD.

Autos Direct Onlineripped off also

Purchased a vehicle that appeared and was told was clean and had no problems, and there was no reason to spend the money to travel there to verify. Upon delivery was a different story. Interior was filthy (spotless in pics), large dent in top rear that was not in pics, driver door handle broken, and rear hvac did not work. Talked with Juan the salesman and he asked me to get estimates and he would try and take care of it. After I sent him estimates I never heard back from him, will not return messages, calls, or texts. Called the office numerous times and there is never a manager there or they give me the runaround, and no call back from anyone. I used them to avoid the hassles of a car buying experience and this was the worst experience yet. I would never trust them or purchase anything from them if they wont stand by it and avoid you.

Autos Direct Onlinerip poff

Buyers Beware - Terrible service treatment and product. I was lied to about so many things I dont think I could list them all. My salesperson Damarr promised me a warranty and a current PA inspection sticker was included in the price of the car. When I got there (after many unawsered returned phone calls) I was told my salesperson was on "vacation" and that they knew nothing about the things he promised me - I found out that he also lied about being the "manager" of the business. When I saw the car it had bald tires a cracked windshield no lighter...I could go on and on. I took it home as I had already put a deposit on it so I figured I was stuck with it. When I was driving home it started making noise so I called and Dan Caldwell answered the phone. He told me "tough ###" and "you shouldn't havent bought a car that was so old". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We were also looking for cars for my husband and daughter but obviously went elsewhere. Luckily I have an honest and affordable mechanic to help me out. I wish I had read all the complaints before I went there but I was going by all the positive feedback on ebay which apparently they get by witholding titles or deposits until positive feedback is received. If you are thinking about buying a vehicle there - WALK AWAY!!! Oh also they were to send me a part for my door handle which they NEVER sent.

Autos Direct Onlineunsafe and unreliable car sale

This was the worst car buying experience of my life, and at 58 I have bought and sold many cars. In July 2012 I saw a 2005 Subaru Baja on eBay. I planned to give it to my son for college in the West Virginia mountains. Subarus are safe, reliable and have AWD.

I contacted Autos Direct Online and said safety and reliability were my highest priority in a used car. I sought assurances that it was a solid car that could be trusted to get my son back and forth to West Virginia across 200 miles of interstates and tractor-trailers going 75 mph. I was told all their cars are “inspected” and thoroughly checked. The CARFAX report showed no accidents or major issues.

I told the salesman I was going to “BUY IT NOW” and he said I could save $200 by taking the deal off-line, to which I agreed, not realizing that it did not give me the company warranty (and also that I would not be able to leave eBay feedback).

My son and I flew to Cleveland and were picked up at the hotel the next morning, prepared for a father-son drive home of 7 hours. When we got to the dealer to look over the car, there were immediate questions about the condition which were not represented on the auction listing: the prop rod for the hood was missing, a rear door hinge was broken, there was only one key and no remote, a taillight they had promised to replace was still out; most important, my son (who is no mechanic) said the rear brake drums were heavily rusted and scored.

I will admit that I blame myself for sending payment up front to hold the car! My fault! The dealership also looks very different from the polished, professional photos on the website! Had I not already “bought” the car I likely would have passed on it once I saw it, even if it meant forfeiting my deposit and flying back home.

I asked the salesman to have the mechanic look at all the brakes again, and he came back shortly saying they would replace the rear rotors and pads but the front ones were fine. So my son and I had about an hour to kill.

We got the car back and I signed the papers and I asked for the 30-day 1, 000-mile warranty, since I would have gotten that on the BUY IT NOW bid. The salesman agreed, though his finance manager did not seem very happy about it.

We got on the road, my son thrilled with his first “new” car and me keeping my fingers crossed that it would be a safe car for college travels. On the highway we had a shimmy in the steering, and stopped to check the tires – they were all at least 10 or 12 pounds low, so I filled them and the shimmy improved some. I also checked the oil and coolant levels, in light of the poor prep work the dealer had done.

We drove for about 4 hours and crossed the Pennsylvania Turnpike without incident, changed drivers, and I turned south on I-70 headed for the Maryland border when suddenly the CHECK ENGINE light came on and the car went dead, at 65 miles an hour. I coasted to the shoulder and we sat for a few minutes in the heat as trucks roared past while I tried to restart the car. I got out to tighten the fuel cap thinking maybe that was the issue, and after a few tries the car started but would not go over 30 on a flat roadway, so we crawled to an exit on the shoulder and called AAA for a tow. I contacted the salesman who asked me to “let him know what happens, ” but as we were still three hours from home, my concern was getting to a repair shop.

We got the car to a Maryland Subaru dealer at dark and went to a hotel, and went back to the dealer first thing in the morning. The computer codes showed several engine problems, so the dealer gave us a loaner for the 80-mile drive home -- which we kept for a week while they sorted out the engine and other repairs: all new front brakes and rotors -- the ones on the car (they gave me the old parts) were mismatched, with cracked pads, and would not pass inspection in Maryland or Virginia.

Of course my son was disillusioned about the car, and car dealers. I told him that under no circumstances would I trust the car in the condition that it had been sold to us.

Once the repairs were done, including rear sway bar links to correct the clunking in the rear suspension, I sunk about $1, 500 in parts and labor in the car to get the engine running and so the vehicle would pass VA safety and emissions inspections. I have receipts.
          I contacted the salesman several times about the engine warranty but he said, “Sorry, there’s nothing I can do, ” and did not answer my request for specifics about the warranty.

In the end I’m thankful I was with my son in the car, instead of sending him off alone on a long trip if the car had been shipped to us, which was one option.

The car failed to meet my basic stated desire for a SAFE, RELIABLE vehicle for my son, and the dealership failed to meet any expectations for integrity and honesty – it’s the sort of business that gives “used car dealer” a bad name.

• Scott C Sep 03, 2012

BY THE WAY, THE REASON THEY HAVE SO MANY POSITIVE REVIEWS IS THAT THEY OFFER $100 OR $200 DEBIT CARDS TO BUYERS TO WRITE THEM.

Autos Direct OnlineScam artists

These guys are professional scammers. They broadcast on Ebays that they have 100% feedback and stand by Ebay's vehicle protection program. They use the bait and switch technique to make the buyer think they will have a good buying experience. I know because I was conned. A month ago I purchased a car from these guys through Ebay thinking if there were any discrepancies Ebay's vehicle protection program would step in and protect the buyer. What Ebay doesn't tell you is that they won't do anything after 30 days from the date of purchase. Autos Direct Online know Ebay's policy quite well so they will make every effort to hold off shipping the car to you so when you receive the car it would be 30 days after the date of purchase, leaving the buyer stuck with the car. I received the car on the 31st day after the purchase date and immediately filed a complaint with Ebay. Ebay came back and said since it was after 30 days I was on my own. So now I'm forced to resolve this problem on my own and it will cost me!

• Ag
                AgainstScamz Jun 16, 2012

It seems the Attorney Generals Office is interested in this company.
                If you have not done so already, file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's Office:
                You can also look up the numerous complaints filed with this office.
                Also, the Ohio BMV who they are licensed through: http://www.ohiobmv.com
                and the BBB (Better Business Bureau), who rates this company as an F:
                E-bay might be able to hide unscrupulous car dealers but they cannot hide from the law here in Ohio.

Autos Direct OnlinePoor service, dishonesty

I first contacted Autos Direct in May 2017 as they had a 2017 Audi A4 1.8T for sale. It had less than 75k on the odometer, and they only wanted $10, 000 for it. It sounded like a good deal. I had one of my friends from Cleveland look at it for me (I’m from the Detroit area), and he said it had some small issues, but it seemed like a good car. I put a deposit of $500.00 on the car, and went down to pick it up on the following Saturday. When I drove the car, it had bad idling problems. The check engine light came on during the drive, so I stopped at a AutoZone down the street from Autos Direct, and had them scan the ECU for me. They discovered that 3 cylinders were misfiring, and also the car had started to leak oil. The steering wheel also squealed loudly when turning corners, indicating that the steering pump was done. Also, one of the rear tailights popped out and was hanging by the wires during the drive. Being that I have previously owned 2 Audis, I knew that these weren’t just “average” problems. Despite all of these issues, the car had a clean Carfax. I told Autos Direct I was no longer interested, and they said “no problem, we’ll refund your deposit.” Here I am 6 months later (Nov. 2017) and still haven’t seen any sign of my deposit, even after MANY emails and phone calls to Juan asking for the return of my deposit. I guess I just wish that Juan and Autos Direct had been more forthright with me and said that they had no intentions of returning my money. I strongly advise buying a car from Autos Direct. You get what you pay for, that’s why their prices are so low.

Chemetodd May 20, 2013

My experience with this company is very similar to others who have posted on this site. I had been following a 2017 Sequoia on eBay for some time and finally picked up the phone and called to inquire about more details. I spoke with Jeff Payne who told me that the vehicle was in great shape and that it had undergone extensive inspection and testing. I put down my deposit and scheduled a pick up time.

When I arrived at the dealership, I was informed that Jeff did not show up for work and that Matt would be handling the rest of the transaction for me. We completed the paperwork and when he brought the car around, it was filthy inside with heavy rust damage to the wheels that had been spray painted. Nevertheless, Matt assured me that it was a great vehicle and he just made sure that the fluids had been topped off so we would have confidence in our return drive to North Carolina.

On our way back home, less than 100 miles into the trip, the check engine light came on along with the vehicle stability control lights. In addition, I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was not working. Later, it began to rain and I noticed that the windshield was leaking at the bottom where the glass meets the dash. There was no damage to the windshield, it was just poorly installed.

I tried to call and text Jeff many times over the course of three days with no response whatsoever. He finally called me back on Monday and told me that there was nothing he could do since the issues never showed up during the inspections. He advised me to contact the sales manager, which I did. When I started to explain my problem, he asked if I could hold and he put me on hold for five minutes. Tired of waiting, I called back using a phone with a different area code. The same person answered and was shocked when I told him that I was tired of waiting and called from a different number.

I've noticed that check engine lights are common complaints with this dealer. One method of turning off the check engine light for a short period of time involves disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. I have reason to believe that was done with my vehicle. They were careful to reset the clock, but they forgot to reprogram the radio stations after the battery was reconnected. At this point, I've spent almost $1000 in preventable repairs and want to make others aware of this. I know that there's not much I can do legally, but I can shine a very large light on this by publicizing my story in every forum I can find which is what I intend to do. At the very least, the oil pressure gauge and leaking windshield should have been caught during the pre sale inspection.

ADO has given me the same explanation that many others have received about buying an as is used car. Rather than try to get restitution for the next few weeks, I'm going to consider the money spent and invest my time to expose them for who they are.

• Autos Direct Online Jul 30, 2012

We are sorry to hear that you did not find our facility appealing. One of the ways we keep the costs of our vehicles so low is by watching every penny of our company expenses, which of course includes the property our dealership operates out of. There are certainly some nicer facilities to purchase a vehicle from, however, our clients usually appreciate purchasing a vehicle thousands lower than from some of those dealerships. We are currently the #1 independent car dealer in the midwest, as well as the best reviewed. We hope that you will consider purchasing from our low-expense business model and enjoy the savings that are experienced by our 250-280 clients per month!

• Je
                  Jebbers1 Jul 29, 2012

This is the creepiest place I have ever encountered. Felt very uncomfortable. Website is very misleading. Their site is very professional in appearance and the vehicles look amazing online and then when you get there they are something much different!! This place looks like one of those places they set up today and you could go back tomorrow and everything and everyone would be gone. Very unprofessional!! Buyers beware. I'm not sure where these vehicles came from. That's the very uneasy feeling I had!!

• Ag
                  AgainstScamz Jun 16, 2012

It is illegal for a licensed dealer to keep a deposit in Ohio. File a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's Office:
                  You can also look up the numerous complaints filed with this office.
                  Also, the Ohio BMV who they are licensed through: http://www.ohiobmv.com
                  and the BBB (Better Business Bureau), who rates this company as an F:

• Autos Direct Online Jan 22, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
                  Can you please confirm that you have received your 500.00 deposit back? We are certainly not in the business of holding onto the publics' 500.00 deposit in exchange for an unhappy consumer. Please respond back to [email protected] to confirm that you have received your full refund. We apologize again for the mishap on our end. Unfortunately, used vehicles have a tendency to have issues arise periodically, and in this case, we accept full blame for the inconvenience. - Autos Direct Online

• Ki
                  Kidsmom14 Oct 22, 2011

I recently found an 02 BMW X5 on eBay with 69000 miles that was priced lower than others I had seen. I contacted the seller, and with much nervousness came to terms with him over the phone. I was very skeptical being that I'm from New York and I couldn't see the car before I gave him the deposit. Juan made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions, so I took a chance and went ahead with it. Within 10 minutes I had all of the paperwork in my Inbox. I decided that it would be cheaper for me to have the car shipped to my home, rather than fly there. I was pleasantly surprised when the car arrived because it was exactly like Juan described, even down to the couple small items that weren't completely perfect. I was actually impressed that it was nicer than I would have expected because of its age. Thanks again Juan, and I will definately shop there in the future.

Autos Direct OnlineAutos Direct Online

I purchased a 2002 Honda CR-V from Autos Direct Online thru Ebay back at the end of July. This company is run by some of the hardest most dishonest cons artists I've ever meet to run a scam on out of area online buyers. The bait is the illusion of 100% possitive Ebay feedback and a vehicle that is discribed as being in excellent condition, then the hook, the non refundable $500 deposit. Vehicles are only shown by appointment so vehicles can be run through their shop to prepare them for your test drive which would include clearing engine codes. Now they real them in and take the money then throw them back. With the AS-IS clause in the small print on the invoice your going to have to sign. This clause is so bold to say they don't even have to have the right model or year of vehicle and relieves them of anything said or writen before you sign it. Now your not done yet. They are going to need your SS number and a signed power of attorney from you to complete the title work on your behalf. I wounder if they have a lien free title?
                After inspecting what they called in excellent condition a vehicle with huge animal stains and claw marks in the interior (of coarse not included in any of the pictures) This vehicle pulled to the right at all speeds, had bad brakes and rotors, and a engine code that they couldn't keep cleared that said the timing chain needed to be replaced (after talking with a Honda tech it was possible the whole engine was at the end of its life). The first thing they did when I said I didn't want the vehicle was try to hold the $500 deposit ransom for me to give them possitive Ebay feedback. And after placing negitive feedback (Before doing business! google them and check complaints with Ohio Attorney G) They had a company called Netneutrals involved to get it removed. Netneutrals ruled that the feedback should stay after hearing both of our sides. Now that feedback stayed on Autos Direct Online's Ebay page for over 30 days and then just vanished. After talking to Ebay they said I used the word Google so they had to remove it. I asked them if they were going to let me reword it and they said no. I thought the Ebay rating system was put in place to protect potential buyers from bad sellers? Now you do the math if Autos Direct Online is selling 100 to 150 cars a month. But why aren't all these happy buyers leaving possitve feedback? I see now Ebays feedback rating system is also just an illusion!

Autos Direct Online — Misrepresentation re Car Purchase

I purchased a 2006 Honda CRV from Autos Direct Online on ebay. 1)I asked specifically about the "excellent...