Asusbad service

W

To ASUS customer service manager:

Hi, I'm Wayne from Malaysia. I would like to complain that your Malaysia base service center totally provided me bad services. I've sent my Asus Laptop F3SV which is under warranty to your services center due to mother board problem. Your guy promised me I can get back my laptop in 1 week time. But now I've been waiting for 3 weeks, I still haven't get back my laptop. Your guy said still need to wait few more week due to no stock in mother board. What is this #ing service?.. Your Asus is big company, don't tell me even 1 mother board you don't have stock.in this 3 weeks time, i'm not able to do my work without my laptop. I'm really angry with this. Hope you will take action. Or even better you can replace a new laptop for me if you still want me to wait.!!

Wayne

• Pa
    paulhk88 Oct 05, 2018

I sent my ROG G20 to the service center last Wed as it cannot startup. At the service center, they told me it is still under warranty until next month. After a few days of waiting, I finally get a SMS on 1st Oct saying that they are waiting for parts and will contact me within 2 days for collection. On the 3rd Oct, ASUS called me to say that they found some liquid spill in the unit and the warrant is now void. They quoted me around $1, 500 to replace the motherboard, graphics card and memory card. I took the unit back. My friend who is in the IT business, checked the unit and said that he cleaned up the unit and only the motherboard needs to be replaced. I then called ASUS to buy the motherboard, which they originally quoted me at $215, but they now tell me that they will not sell the motherboard. The only option is to send the unit back to them and replace all the parts as per their quotation.
    I totally cannot believe it. A company like ASUS will not sell a part for me to repair my gaming desktop because they want me to pay $1500 for them to replace even parts that are working fine!. What a company!!! I will never buy ASUS again.

• Rj
    Rjh47 Apr 25, 2017

asus is pathetic, such a sad company.

Id be embarrassed to sell their products

• Ca
    Carmel Santos Jan 21, 2017

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ###. THEY DO NOT HONOUR THEIR WARRANTY AND PUT THE BLAME ON THE CONSUMER.

• Ds
    dsfsf2424 Oct 23, 2016

please murder;

emps. of chestnut ridge and settlers place apartments, fantos, rahals, foreign fix emps, Duquesne university emps, upmc wpic emps, west hills pa. police, Walmart north Fayette pa. emps, giant eagle robinson emps, bill livorio, dave jagorski, Karen livorio jagorski, gracianos, talaricos, feuchts, elise wolf, kate jones, Elaine, capeks, buckleys, tonya

• Ds
    dsfsdfq33 Oct 16, 2016

murder:

emps. of chestnut ridge and settlers place apartments, fantos, rahals, Duquesne univ. emps, upmc wpic emps, SSA, Hewlett Packard emps, bill livorio, Karen livorio jagorski, chase livorio, heather livorio, gracianos, talaricos, feuchts, rabners, martuccis, kate jones, elise wolf, Elaine in blawnox, capeks

• Af
    afsdd Oct 02, 2016

murder;

emps. of chestnut ridge and settlers place apts., fantos, rahals, Duquesne univ. emps., Bill livorio, Karen livorio jagorski, w Allegheny cnty. pa. police, talaricos, gracianos, feuchts, fragales, upmc wpic emps., jake wyland, nick bongiovani, shea McMillan, Elaine in blawnox, casey capek, giant eagle robinson emps,

• Sd
    sdds111 Sep 25, 2016

murder;

emps. of chestnut ridge and settlers place apts., D.U. emps., K. Prasad and Pam White, Lawson Bernstein, west hills pgh. pa. police, bill livorio, Karen livorio jugorski, dave jugorski, talaricos, gracianos, feuchts, fantos, shea McMillan, casey capek, jake wyland

• Sz
    Szranaaf Jun 13, 2016

DO NOT BUY ASUS NOTE BOOKS, THERE IS NO FUNCTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER.
    ITS OVER THE 10 DAYS I AM STILL TRYING. IT IS G74SX A2, PURCHASED FROM ADROMA FOR TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS, ADRAMA PHOTO DO NOT EXCEPT, RETURNS.
    THE CHOICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM ASUS COMPUTERS.

mairim_yano Jun 13, 2016

i USED to have an asus eee pad transformer prime 201, bought in the US on feb 9, 2012. it was barely used when it reached me (here in the philippines) by the end of the month. after a few days, the display suddenly stopped working, displaying horizontal bars all over. i brought it to an asus repair center and it's been five days short of FIVE MONTHS since i left it and still no word from the main offices in taiwan re unit replacement (or even repair since i was first told that parts were scarce).

while the product may be good, asus service center is frustrating. it's useless to email them directly via the website. u get useless computer-generated answers each time. search online and u will find similar complaints re the service they offer.

in addition, i cannot fathom how they supposedly ran out of stock of that particular model when sales are high in other countries. i shouldn't even be waiting for practically half a year for something to be done re this problem. that's hard earned money, i hope they understand that.

• Rf
    rflakl Jun 13, 2016

I purchased an ASUS eee 1000H netbook while on holiday in Singapore in Dec. 2008. I live in New Zealand. In July 2009 the plastic plug fixture for the USB port came out when I unplugged a USB connected mouse. The ASUS service centre in Auckland refuses to repair the port under warranty (1 year). The centre in Singapore refuses to accept the netbook for repair if I send it to them. Avoid this company.

This is my first experience with a third rate company such as ASUS, and last. Stick with Lenovo, HP, or HP/Compaq. For 2nd tier companies go with Acer (have an Acer notebook, never had a problem).

P.S. The ASUS netbook keyboard has a horrible design for the right hand special keys.

• De
    Dealcatcher Jun 13, 2016

ASUS prospective customers are warned. I have purchased many, many products from all the major and minor companies on this planet. But I have never been as frustrated as I have been in dealing with ASUS. Their customer service has literally out right lied and given misinformation over and over to our family. Try calling their customer service and you will see what I mean. We purchased one of their netbooks with a defective battery. After trying to call them, and going through menu after menu before actually being directed to a human, you are put on hold. Then half the time, the phone just gets disconnected. But even when you do finally get a human, and they tell you how to get an RMA. You have to of course document your purchase and date. But a week later, after thinking the RMA was good to go, you get an email telling you your purchase is out of warranty. After repeated calls and emails, with all kinds of new documentation, and finally getting them to agree you indeed have a warranty, they tell you to send the defective item, in this case the battery, you have to pay to send it back to them. Then even after two weeks of them receiving the defective item, they don’t send you the replacement. We have called, and emailed them many times, and good luck getting anyone to help other than say they will escalate the claim. Then you can expect nothing further being done again. We again are calling and emailing, and finally get an email saying the battery was sent last week, but they don’t have a tracking number. How is that possible? So we wait a while more, and still don’t receive the item. Call and email again, and now they say, they don’t know why we got the email, because it hasn’t been sent out yet. Then we try to get a supervisor. That is all but impossible to do. They are never available, but they offer to get your information to a supervisor and they will call you. That call never comes, and we have tried several times, including leaving a message with the supervisor and having the CS rep send them a message. We called the main switchboard, and asked for someone who is the supervisor’s supervisor. Evidently, there is no such animal. They just keep shining you on and on. We have even contacted Taiwan, and they handle things the same way, either no response or more lies and misinformation. There are a lot of quality companies out there selling the same merchandise, and you don’t need this kind of frustration. Shop else where and save yourself a lot of grief.

• St
    Stike Jun 13, 2016

Friends of mine called me up and asked me to come over and take a look at their new laptops. Their son and daughter both bought laptops, one was an HP and the other was a Asus, The Asus was not working and when I talked with them they said that this is the second one. The first one was not working so they brought it back to Best Buy and they were given another one in replacement, they took that one back to the house and plugged it in and that one did not work either and I looked it over and the head crashed. Well, I went back with them to Best Buy and spoke with repair and they said it went bad because they did not use a surge protector, I said you must be kidding me, they said to use a different outlet, I said are you kidding me. I have never used a surge protector on my 2 laptops and 1 desktop and they are still running all these years. Well, you won't believe this but their were 2 other customers ahead of us and would you believe that they had the same Asus laptop and they had worse problems with it, 1 said he was watching a movie and it started to smoke and burned out. The other customer had the same problem as ours and they took them all back. We took an HP and for the others I don't know. I have encountered Asus computers some time ago and I didn't like them then. I have a Dell and an Acer Windows 8. Love them, and for my desktop still running. They don't make them like that any more. Well, all turned out well.

• Ze
    zelliej Jun 13, 2016

call sam's club

• Ea
    eago69 Jun 13, 2016

i bought a tablet at sams and i put extra warranty to the electronic item and i am trying to contact this company (asus) because my tablet is not working well at the screen is blinking like sheke and i can to use any more. but i can not to contact any people for warranty

Asus_never_again Jan 21, 2016

I have ASUS notebook model R900VJ-YZ069H. I could not turn it on anymore so i took the notebook in for service. I went to authorized ASUS service ''System One d.o.o.'', Zagreb, Croatia. I have complains about them. They told me that first they do diagnostic to see what is wrong and then they would inform me about repair. It was 16 days ago...they still did nothing. I wrote to ASUS Customer Service Center as well but they don't seem to care about it because they didn't even answer my mail. I'm so disappointed with ASUS that I can say my next notebook won't be ASUS for sure, all of my notebooks were ASUS but I had to take only my last one to service. I didn't know that my country has such poor and useless ASUS service.

• Bh
    bhristov Nov 27, 2014

The laptop I purchased by ASUS is called r510d as I recall. Basically still brand new the laptop started crashing with a blue screen. I sent it to the service center for repairs, only to receive it formatted and with more problems in addition to the original crashing issue that was still there. The service center is asking for the laptop to be sent to them again. I suppose this will continue until the warranty expires. I would NOT recommend to anyone buying ASUS products - I spent my money on a product that so far I haven't had the chance to use. Additionally every time they ask me to reset the OS or send it to them I have to waste my time to reinstall my work software copy data from external drives etc. Not to mention that I have to find alternatives to do my work, since basically I have no computer, despite paying for one. I contacted several individuals of different branches and hierarchy levels of the company - everyone is sorry that my laptop does not work, but no satisfying resolution offered. I have to send it for service again - I don't see how it will be any different since obviously they are unable to detect their own manufacturing defects or run a proper test after they "repair" something.

• Fi
    fied jeffri Sep 06, 2014

Why is it so hard just to collect my hand phone after I cancelled to repair it? It took more than 2 weeks just to collect it and still not receive it now. asus after sale in Malaysia is really sucks. zenfone 450 is my first and last asus product.

• Na
    Nara82 Oct 14, 2013

Cannot agree more. I plan to buy asus nexus 7 second edition and wish to check whether they have wifi only version for 32GB original in the market. So after I call this hotline, the guy who picked it up does not even speak Malay, and when I spoke to him in English he promised to call back, (I wonder whether his understanding of English also as horrible) but after 5, 6 hours I try to call back, but the service was not available. So simple conclusion from most basic requirement - bad bad service and very unfriendly staff.

• Co
    coppershark Oct 01, 2013

I am now into my second week of trying to get ASUS to RMA a faulty motherboard. I have never known such bad service, it is unbelievable. THe motherboard is a top of the line Formula brand witha 3 year warranty with 1 year to go. The onboard network card has died and it needs either repair or swapping. ASUS in reply to my RMA request told me to send it back to the retailer I purchased if from and if I had difficulty with that to call a legal service! I told them that the company I had purchased from had folded (in this ongoing recession that must be quite common) and that I could not return it to the retailer. They asked for a receipt as proof of purchase, I sent them the proof of sale from my ebay account. I received a reply stating that the representative could no longer deal with the enquiry and it would be passed to another department. I have heard nothing back since. The replies between each email take 48 hours and are in broken english, the UK telephone support refuse to deal with the problem and refused to give me the managing directors name or contact details to make a complaint. This is disgusting. I run a web design partnership and have bought many top end components from ASUS over the last decade, will will NOT be buying another thing from them again.

Angryagain Jun 28, 2013

I bought an ASUS Transformer Prime TF700 about 2 months with extra care warranty (or so i thought, even paid $300 more to Harvey Norman). My 2 yr old son cracked my screen so i called harvey norman to get it replaced with the extra care warranty, they told me that since its been 2 months, should go straight to ASUS for the repair/ replacement. When i went to ASUS service centre at 8 Burn rd. They told me that they do not cover accidental damage to screen. I told them harvey norman sent me and they insisted i take it up with HN. So i asked how much for the repairs instead, they said 1K plus. I told them i bought the unit for $899!! how can the repair cost more than the product!!?? so i asked to buy a new TF700 and they said that it was discontinued! so i am left with no more options!! ASUS SUX!! they should not provide their so called 1 year manufacturing warranty is they plan to discontinue their products in less than 6 months!! So UNPROFESSIONAL!

• Be
    bernardminet Jun 12, 2013

Your after sale in Belgium or France, (I don't know exactly who i got on the phone) is so inefficient that I will not buy any ASUS product anymore.
    Sorry for that, as i liked your material.
    You've lost a client. I go back to DELL. or HP

• Se
    Seekar Mar 04, 2013

ASUS have my computer for just on 8 weeks and I cannot get information as to what is happening with it. When I ring I am told that the head of the service dept will ring me back and he does not!!
    I ring again and they say they will send it to him again.
    I ask what will happen if he again ignores it - I am told they will just do it again.
    What??? forever???
    I ask who is this persons superior and I am told he does not have one.
    I am told if I am not satisfied I will need to put my complaint in writing.
    What hope have I got??

NoMoreAsusForMe Jan 26, 2013

I bought a Asus Transformer Prime and after the two or three months of use the rear camera doesn't work properly, GPS unit never worked properly and all my problems begin. I sent to warranty and they return to me a unit with a lot of dents, nicks and scratches from bad handling on repairing. I NEVER buy ASUS product again.

• Jy
    Jyoti Prasad Chandra Sep 27, 2012

Sub: - Rectification of Motherboard.
    Dear sir,
    I have deposited one Asus Motherboard (Purchased on 03-04-2010) to your authorised service centre D/G/COMP Complete Solution Ltd. Kol-12 on 18-09-2012
    for rectification. At the time of recap they assure me within 3-4 days they will inform
    me, but I am sorry to say that even after 9 days have been past they don’t give away
    positive date. Then I contact twice and the last time. On 26-09-2012 they again told
    me to wait another 8 days due to tropical problem.
    Under the circumstance I request your good self to look into the matter as urgent
    so that a can get the motherboard after repair/replace within 2 or 3 day.

Yours faithfully
    Jyoti Prasad Chandra
    Ph [protected]

• Ta
    tablet warning Sep 20, 2012

They wont let me talk to any of the people repairing my tablet. I mailed it in to get the screen repaired. it came back with a new screen but the tablet itself was not working now! kept powering off. That day picking it up from fedex I had to mail it back in to get that fixed. Now they are trying to say I damaged it. and mysteriously out of warranty. I knew I should have picked up an apple... warning if you want a expensive paper weight. support asus! They only have brick walls for support. there game is sorry and they cant help you. I am surely going to let every body I can possibly know not to purchase.

• Ka
    Karen Yong Oct 28, 2011

Karen Yong
    21th Oct 2011
    53F Jalan Gandek
    Off Jalan San Peng
    55200 Kuala Lumpur
    Tel No: [protected]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus Service Centre
    Lot No G-2, IT @ SPS Ground Floor
    Wisma SPS, 32 Jalan Imbi
    55100 Kuala Lumpur
    Tel No: [protected]

To whom it may concern,

RE: DISSATISFIED ON THE ASUS LAPTOP PURCHASED, MODEL: 1015PX SERIAL NUMBER: B50ABC080716

I am utterly disappointed with the durability of the laptop as it could not even last for a mere 6 months.

The laptop failed on me when I am rushing for my report. It was sent to the service centre by the agent I bought the unit from. And i did not receive any updates from Asus nor the dealer regards to my laptop repair after a week.

I was later informed that the hard disk was spoilt and it need to be leave at your service centre for further verifications and repair.

My question is why a new unit of less than 6 months of minimal usage can failed so seriously and need to change a new hard disk?

I resent the idea of a new unit need to replace a new hard disk when I hardly use the laptop at all. You can check on the numbers of time I on the laptop via the timer in the laptop.

No repair will be accepted on my newly purchased unit and I demand for a refund as I simply cannot trust a brand that can spoilt so easily.

Your utmost attention is needed.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Karen Yong

• Fr
    Frisbetarian Mar 27, 2011

File reports with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office. After I did this (and I think it was the BBB that made them nervous), they took my claim seriously and quickly sent me back a completely repaired (maybe over-repaired) computer. It sucks that you have to scare and threaten them to get service, but, at least in my case, it worked.

Good luck.

• Po
    Poppo Mar 27, 2011

ASUS service/repair is the worst in the planet

My ASUS EeePC was collected for repair on 23/12/2010 to repair its booting system. It was known that the turnaround time for repair is 10 working days. After repeated chase by email, it was further known that ASUS referred the unit to the SWAPS team on 01-02-2011, whether I would prefer a replacement offer of 1215N, as apparently your repair team couldn't repair the unit. To this I replied in affirmative for the replacement.
    On 7th-Feb, Asus Swap Deptt acknowledged my confirmation to replacement and mentioned in an email ambiguously that after the unit is confirmed to be faulty I will receive a replacement offer. To my utter disgust and perplexity, I mailed ASUS back asking for the explanation. To this ASUS replied me back on 14/02/2011 stating that it usually takes less than a day to identify the fault (in some special cases it could take longer); however the whole process could take around 10 days.
    The last mail from staff by the name of "Alexander" on 14/03/2011 mentions that according to ASUS system the component is not here due to delay and the exact date of shipping is unknown but hopefully it would be next week meaning by 21/03/2011. Further I was denied access by ASUS support staff to escalate the matter to the supervisor.
    Today is 27/03/2011 which takes a total of 3 month 2 days from the day the original unit was taken for repair and still I haven't gotten back my repaired EeePC ASUS or 1215N as a replacement offer suggested by ASUS.
    To my anguish and disgust, I am lamenting why in the first place I trusted ASUS to repair my unit with a tall claim that a unit gets repaired within 10 days. Further I am finding it difficult to understand why I bought any ASUS unit in the first place.

To put it simple, I wouldn't advise a sane being buy or even look at any ASUS product. So tall is their hype of advertisement and exactly appalling is their service.

• 1u
    1unLuckysb Feb 11, 2011

I have had my glitchy Rampage 2 Gene for over a year before the board finally gave out on me, luckily it was still under warranty, I had contacted customer support and they sent me through the typical trouble shooting process which is understandable, they issued me an RMA, I sent the board in and in two weeks I received a "reconditioned board" that had been damaged, missing parts, parts floating around in the anti-static bag and best of all obvious physical damage to the heat sink. I suppose since I really needed the board back I could have just accepted it and got on with my life...but why would I since the board I sent them was electrically non-functional but physically was in pristine condition (I take care of my stuff) so I immediately called Asus and after several hours and a couple of promised call backs that never happened I got a hold of a rep via chat who then informed me I needed to call so...after a few hours and half my day I got a hold of a rep who asked about the condition of the box and the box the box was packed in, both were in perfect condition so I guess they couldn't blame fed-ex, I was then asked if I installed the board and whether or not it worked, NO I DID NOT, why would I? It was shipped with physical damage and personally I don't care if it works, I have a warranty and expect to be put back in the same condition (or better) than I was in before the failure. He then informed me that I needed to take pictures of the motherboard and mail them to him so his supervisor can see them and make a decision, he would get back to me right away and we will do an advanced RMA. Well I did what I was asked to do and after a day and a half I decided to call back, I then had to resend the pictures to another rep and he said he will send me a pre mailer for fed-ex to return the board in an hour or two and will set up an advanced RMA. So another day and a half goes by and decided to call, well after several hours of frustration I opt to chat with a rep, this guy takes care of the pre mailer and tells me they dont have a board to send back to me right away but one is being held and will be avail by the time I send him the fed-ex tracking info, well they received the board and sent me an email stating "Dear customer,
    We have found that the serial number in RMA request does not match your motherboard rma. This will be corrected at our facility. Unfortunately this means your Advanced RMA will be processed as a regular rma return. A regular RMA typically takes ten business days from the date of arrival to our facility." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! This was not my fault and I feel should not be my responsibility! I have been completely cooperative and more than polite and patient and customer service has given me no reason to complain until now, when I called to stress my concern about this issue they pretty much told me it was no big and it happens all the time. Again why is this my fault and why should it be my problem, I didn't fill the paperwork out wrong, I politely did what I was told and now I am being further penalized for it, to make matters even more frustrating I cannot track it one the automated repair status page and get treated like a d**k every time I call to discover the status.

• Fr
    Frisbetarian Feb 08, 2011

Do not buy this computer, or anything from ASUS, unless you are convinced it will never need repair.

I purchased a G73JH notebook in August of 2010, and by early October there were problems with both the screen and the power adapter or battery (the unit would not hold a charge). I sent it in for repair and received the computer back 3 weeks later with the exact same issues - they had fixed nothing! I lived with the problems until the end of the semester (I'm a Comp Sci major so a computer is necessary), and sent it back to ASUS on December 29, 2010. They received it, according to FedEx, on December 31. It is now February 8 and I still do not have the computer back. Numerous calls have resulted in one lie or BS story after another. One agent will tell you they are just waiting on a part that should be there the next day, another will say the unit is being shipped tomorrow, and they are all bulls$%&. The truth, according to a "supervisor" I spoke with last week, is that there has not been an update since January 6 from the repair facility. Nada. He promised to get in touch with them and call me back, but he has not, and my calls to the customer service center yield no new information.

Today I am no closer to knowing what is going on with my computer, or when/if I will ever get it back. I have owned this unit for less than 6 months, and it has been at ASUS repair for 2 of them. I also used it while it was "broken" for a month and a half. ASUS clearly does NOT care about their customers, and their customer support is the worst I have ever experienced; even worse than the Mass DMV!

I have filed complaints with both the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office in order to get this resolved, and hope to see my computer sometime before the end of the school year.

• Mi
    mina10 May 08, 2010

Asus Suck!!! There customer service team especially. I contacted them with a problem with my laptop and filled in a form and they said wait for someone to get in contact me. Guess what? Nope no one contacted me I had to call them, email them, email them again and again. Took months to get my laptop fixed. Now I have another problem. Yet again I am waiting for the promised call which I was told would happen in 2 working days. Its now been a week. Ready for round two of waiting around for ASUS.

ASUS SUCKS Apr 25, 2010

you must use skyp and call taipai, they will answer and will forward your complaint, , , , they are good, fremont CA, stinks to high high heaven, , , like road kill, , ,

ASUS SUCKS Apr 25, 2010

asus is worst

• Ta
    taken2cleaners Apr 13, 2010

Purchased ASUS desktop. It lasted a whole 3 weeks before it crashed. Bought at Best Buy. ASUS took 2 weeks to answer complaint only after I threatened a BBB and Ohio AG complaint. Then they wanted me to pay for shipping and maybe the repair would be 10 days, maybe not.
    DO NOT BUY AN ASUS PRODUCT...THE END

• Si
    Simplegaguy Mar 17, 2010

ASUS & Besy Buy both have terrible Service !!!

• Ti
    tigergift Feb 14, 2010

My x80L Asus got broken within the span of two yrs, He broke himself because of the tight hinges. What a lost of hard earned money. I worked hard to buy this laptop that thas not lasts. And their customer service is ignorant as well. Buyer beware!

• Si
    SICK_TIRED Feb 04, 2010

Strongly Agreed.
    I bought 2 each identical laptops A7T. One that is gently used got no boot (dead) before 1year. RMA fixed free. Just before 2year warranty ended, lcd display has a 2" vertical blankout on the right. RMA said it was my abused, it would cost me ~$350. After auguing w/ them, they agreed to fix it. When returned after a month, I found 1gb of ram I installed was missing. I called them and they said they escalated my case and were locating my ram. After more than 20 calls and 3 months elapsed, they told that they never saw the ram, TOUGH, CASE CLOSED, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
    Right after 2 years, the other laptop has the same lcd blank stripe.
    I have another cheap Acer, almost 2 years, which has no problem yet.
    CONCLUSION: BE AWARE OF "BRAND" ASUS, NOT QUALITY, BAD SERVICE.

• Zi
    Zildjian52886 Jan 28, 2010

I agree that ASUS has many bad things. They have bad service, but only to an extent. Getting a response from customer service is not a problem, but getting a solution is. Their main problem is product support and quality. I have had many issues with my laptop. 2 weeks after I purchased it, the computer overheated and failed to start up at all. I sent it in on warranty and the repair was made in a reasonable amount of time. It needed new thermal paste. Even after the repair the computer still gets very hot due to bad BIOS support from the company. The fan runs at high speeds even when the computer is doing no work. I "learned" to live with that until I upgraded my computer to windows 7. The computer is less than 1 year old. The computer came with Vista and has no support for XP. The company does not make Windows 7 drivers either. Even after contacting support multiple times complaining about their lack of product support all they can continue to say is "Sorry". I've started petition threads on the companies forum section of their site in hopes to get enough people on my side for them to do something. Everyone is right in that they turn a blind eye. Once the sale is made they could care less about product support and it seems to be last on their list.

FINAL REVIEW:
    support response time and repair time: good

system support (BIOS, drivers) and product quality: bad

nooneyouknow Dec 23, 2009

They are just as bad to customers State side. I have only bought ASUS boards for all my builds since 1999. In their favor Asus has products with every imaginable specification and configuration set under the sun. And more times than not their stuff won’t fail but if it does, throw it out and set a match to the money. At least that way you’ll be able to salvage your time and spare yourself from wondering how you managed to end up in the inner most circle of Dante’s Inferno with Judas. After encountering countless bad support experiences (and no good ones to speak of) I am going to wash my hands of the company. To RMA their equipment is easy; it’s just too bad that you'll continually be sent faulty equipment as your replacement. And their support sucks. My call today was the final straw. I tried to upgrade a piece of equipment only to find that their product did NOT meet their publicized specs. In the end I was able to derive that Asus changed build specs mid-production run but kept the same model number. They marketed all devices emblazoned with the model number in question under the upgraded specs from the second run despite their open awareness that units from their earlier batch had gross hardware deficiencies that resulting in total incompatibilities with certain CPU families. I was unlucky enough to get sold a unit from the inferior portion of the production run under the guise that it would be in line with the later specifications and support certain processors it did not. (By the way I know my stuff and in the manuals and literature they made NO Rev A Rev B differentiation.) Since I didn’t discover the deception until after my warranty period ended ASUS’s tact was "too bad, so sad.” I spoke to a entry tech, a level 2 tech, and finally a low level supervisor middling manager with no authority. ASUS vigorously argued it wasn’t their problem or responsibility to cover this because it was outside of their warranty term. I am still scratching my head and trying to figure out what false advertising has to do with warranty periods? If I were a wealthier man with more discretionary income I’d love to have a lawyer pursue things out of shear principle. I am going to stop buying their products and will boycott the company to ever possible extent including discouraging my company from buying their products, buying pre-built systems that leverage their products, or from insuring their devices. (I am a senior IT guy for an insurer of tech products). They are burning a long time customer over a situation with no capital costs. More than that they misrepresented a product and won’t acknowledge they were wrong for it. Shows Asus has no business sense. They are just another example of a disjointed company in “Corporate America”. No one in the day to day operations has enough autonomy to actually assess situation and make decisions. I’m done with them.

• Sh
    shamshudo Dec 17, 2009

After sales Service from Asus singapore is really bad, their service support staff were very ill-mannered towards customers.
    Many people bought their Asus mainboard and discovered the mainboard faulty after a few days. Nowadays their mainboard is manufactured in china and not in Taiwan and other countries, they will push away their responsibility and refer consumers to their distributors or suppliers. ASUS products which were in china have a lot of hardware problems which is on par like the china diary milk product Sanlu Group and china lead-poison toys hazards issue. I bought a F6 Asus notebook form Funan Digital life mall only for 2 days and it became faulty. So I went back to the Notebook dealer in funan to request for a refund, they rejected me and they told me they can't replace my faulty unit with a new working unit. Eventually the Dealer refers me to the Asus service center which is the ADELPHI building opposite funan digital life mall. I was so angry and upset and I went to the ASUS service center, I requested for an exchange of the unit. The Asus Counter staffs me that their company doesn’t have such policy.

They would provide servicing of the notebook and exchange faulty hardware parts which I can't believe it and accept the fact. I was so piss off with their servicing and product quality, I used 3 ASUS mainboard previously and it was still working fine then. I noticed Asus quality is no good like before like its legend history, I think Hewlett Packard, Dell, Fujitsu and Acer quality and services is far better than ASUS. Not just their service is better than ASUS and I found out that those brand also manufactured their notebooks in china like ASUS. I have waited for 2 weeks to get my ASUS notebook fixed instead of 3 working days as what they said they would speed up the process initially, I was not happy for what they did and they break their promised. So I requested to see their Manager in charge when I went over to collect back my note and they told me their Manager "Jimmy" is not around. So they asked a Senior Engineer whose name is "Jason”, he told me that he can't do anything in a very unfriendly tone he then gave me their management's email " [email protected] I have sent an email regarding the issue and there was no reply for their management.

As you can see their poor professionalism especially their management in Singapore does not care for their consumers. It seems like they do not have the ability or capability to provide good services to their consumers perhaps in future those who bought the ASUS notebook and encounter the same like should make complains to their taiwan headquarters. ASUS is a small peanut in the IT world and their product quality is getting worse, SHAME ON THEM and they still have the cheek to sell their products across the globe. This comment goes out to those poor people who has been cheated by buying Asus notebooks, they should consider this low down brand before they purchase the ASUS notebook. I really want my money back from the dealer or sell my ASUS Notebook away to someone.