Assurant Insurancecancellation

Assurant renter's insurance is a scam! I was required by the apartment complex I was in for 10 months to have renter's insurance. I was recommended these clowns at assurant. I tried canceling the policy once I moved out of the apartments and they told me it would be 3-5 business days. I couldn't just cancel over the phone... Although it is easy as can be to start a policy over the phone. They want you to submit a cancellation notice by mail. I did this and thought it was taken care of. Two years later I receive a notice in my email that they are automatically charging my account again with a policy renewal each year!! I can't believe a company would do this. Absolute #. And to top it off they are requiring me to get a notarized letter from the apartments proving I moved out to cancel the policy. Do not use assurant!! It is a scam!!

• Ar
    arakish Aug 28, 2015

I have to agree. Assurant will rip you off. I made renters insurance payments from Oct 2014 to June 2015. In Mar 2015, they cancelled my insurance without notification. I did not know this until the rental office contacted me in June (another slack company). The Asst. Manager did get a refund for June, but Assurant still refuses to refund my payments for March, April, and May. I am now pursuing the possibility of a Conspiracy to Commit Fraud lawsuit against both Assurant and apt complex through the State Attorney General office. Perhaps if more persons do the same, we can get a class-action lawsuit against Assurant.