Ashton Woods Homespoor construction

L

Very poor construction, skipped over some legally required portions of the inspection process by having an unseen sign-off on a block of homes in order to process faster and get them in under the bubble. Refused to work with pricing, misleading customers, did not perform correction of punch list items with exception of anything that could be fixed with caulk, which was about 6 items and poorly at that. I paid quite a bit extra for a flooring upgrade for approx 1000sq ft, I got flawed tiles which were probably in the cast-off bin for a reduced price, obvious manufacturing flaw repeated in each tile. Ductwork had to be redone after the fact by my own hire as well as insulation. Builder refused to address. Also found some evidence of using refurbished plumbing fixures such as the toilets and tub, not cheap to replace those. Drywall patched together instead of using a full sheet, you get the picture. As many things on a new home are simply fixed, I only wrote up the expensive, complex or structural things and still had two pages. Got caulk. Was threatened with legal action if I refused to close or went public. Wish I had. Maybe someone will read this now and know the underbelly of their beautiful model homes - you won't get that product.

James Li Dec 05, 2015

Ashton woods builder use cheap contractors. My 3-year-old new home by Ashton Woods has already had 8 Windows showing defects with sear falter and ugly scratches between the double pane Windows

Anonymous RV User Nov 10, 2013

We have contracted to build in Ridgeview, just outside of Austin. Is there anything we should know about problems with any step of the design/build/finance part of Ridgeview? Thank you.

• At
    AT32 Aug 21, 2012

I have a 4 year old Ashton Woods home in Houston and I totally agree with your comment of poor quality. The workmanship on the home was sub par at best. The grout on the tile started breaking up with in a year... which was still under warranty, but the half ### effort of correcting that was insulting. My bathtub had a broken piece of wood in the frame that caused the edge of the tub to move way too much. Their explanation was that one of the workers must have been mad at the construction manager and kicked it in... not the image I would want to give my homeowners! Now, I have a leak in my garage and the insurance adjuster told me it has probably been this way from the beginning because the roof was done with very poor workmanship and the shingles do not completely cover the flashing. Of course the roof warranty is only 1 year, but I did get the number of the roofing company from Ashton Woods and they came and looked at my roof. They claim that the brick layer is responsible for my roof leak because they did not seal the holes after installing the flashing. I cannot get the brick layer nor the original construction manager to call me back. Once again, poor customer service and everyone pointing the finger at someone else. Fact of the matter is that Ashton Woods attains cheap contractors who perform sub par work and have absolutely no pride or accountability in the work they do. I will definitely never buy another Ashton Woods home.