Menu
Ashley Madison
reviews & complaints

Ashley Madison
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

79 complaints
4 resolved 75 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ashley Madison. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
9:46 pm EST

Ashley Madison - They start charging me monthly fee without my permission

I accidentally purchased $70 woth of credit from Ashley Madison but I just discovered they starting me $29.99 monthly fee without asking for my permission . I spoke with my credit card company and they explained to me that Ashley Madison copied my financial information and used it to enroll me in some kind of contract without my permission or knowledge. I'm hoping and waiting for law suit against AM for scaming and robing people ...

3 comments
May 22, 2022 11:39 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

of course. bet they don't think SOME people will have the courage to call their credit card site and say, the affair site i am on charged me and it shouldn't have.

or people will just dismiss it.

B
Feb 09, 2022 5:22 pm EST

I too wish I had nevr joined AM. For starters whenever I saw someone i was intterested in I would give them a wink or tap the love icon. then I would get a message telling me to message the person. i would use my credits and answer about 3 or 4 woman. Then...Nothing...no texts back to me, yet their ads is still out there. I them used up more credits and only had an overweight elderly woman actually say she was interested in me so I blocked her as if I am paying for this I want something young witha high sex drive. Again used up credits and got no response. Then they tell me to BUY MORE CREDITS. I I thought will just let this ride out and never join it again as it is a scam like Whats your Price and Secret Benefits. I joined for the minumum amount . Suddenly I get billed to my credit card an additioanl 100 credits! I never told them to add me again after 30 days! I called my credit card people. They told me their is fine print that says I will be billed once every 30 days unless I contact them ahead of time to give notice. They suggested I get a new card witha new number. Stay away from this site. You gain nothing and lose money.

Jan 21, 2022 6:26 pm EST

It was international news a few years back that 99% of the accounts on this AM site are men.

M
2:17 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ashley Madison - Temp suspended again!

Here we go again! What in the hell is wrong with Ashley Madison with Temporarily Suspending Female Accts? I'm a legit person, married seeking like everyone else. I have no shame on that! Ok. If a gentleman asks to see a facial photo or what's to chat away from the site bc he doesn't want to waste more money on the site and wants to give me an email or kik info why am I getting suspended? I'm legit! I'm not a scammer! They tell me all the time they hate the site and I'm genuine, and they would like to chat outside of the site. Cool Once I had a phone conversation to restore my suspension bc I was like what just happened. The lady said to stop giving my information out and chat with the men longer and I wouldn't get suspended. I see they want us women to get the money out of them men. It's bs! This site is crap suspended people for chatting off line but not suspending the actual scammers! Great job AM! I'm serious looking elsewhere!

8:52 pm EST

Ashley Madison - Blocked ip address solely because I gave out my contact info

horrible site. AM wants Grown adults to never actually text each other once they get to know each other on AM. Who in the entire world is ok with this? how do they even stay in business with so many complaints? Tinder doesn't do this, Match.com doesn't do this. This is the only site that tried to control you. I feel bad for men who actually pay to send messages. I honestly can't believe there are men on the site willing to pay this greedy people. instead of being glad that adults actually find someone, they're mad they aren't getting even more money from these guys. Especially lame to kick off legitimate women when clearly there are so many prostitutes on there. pathetic business plan, I will warn anyone I know to not waste their time.

Desired outcome: unblock everyone's IP address so people can accomplish actually meeting people

L
5:01 pm EST

Ashley Madison - I am lock out from your site

Hello I am david yoder and really liked your website and got some good out of this even tho for every 50 contacts I did, their was only 1 that was good and the rest were someone that was only there to make money, well here about a week ago I tried to log on and it wouldn't let me, my question is why was I kick off, I feel I should be known why did this happen, and how can I get on a website that are not so many women on there for only one reason, and that is to rib men off like me, thanks david

K
6:08 pm EST

Ashley Madison - Suspended account without cause

One minute I was in my account, signed out and 10 mins later tried to sign back in and it said my account had been suspended. Wow. WTF? No explanation. You can't call them. NO customer service.

I had to email them and I got an automated reply saying they'd be in touch in 5 days.

I have made several connections and was in the process of answering emails. Now, these guys will will think I was a bot. What kind of online site offers no immediate contact?

T
2:04 pm EDT

IP address blocked for no apparent reason 104.223.98.201

5:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to retrieve my messages and I was banned, I have been on the site for a year without a problem

1:14 am EST

Ashley Madison - IP banned ???

Username- Ryanba23 my IP just got banned for no reason and I was about to make a purchase of credits to talk to people I would like the IP unbanned as soon as possible please and thank you ! If you need to contact me on reason about why it was banned please email me at [protected]@icloud.com the email attached to the account is my spam so I won't see anything there! Thank you!_

P
6:29 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - Paying member account suspended

Been a paying male member for a few years and have to admit, since the Breech and hack, the site has way too many fake profile and scammers trolling the site. But this is the first time that I my account has been suspended and it really irks me. How do I get my money back. Certainly not any breaking of rules just reaching out and communicating with the robots and then seeing them disappear after a few back and forths.. I have been getting close
To stopping because of all the fake people but hoped to find one more good natured
Woman to get
To know..

Desired outcome: Money returned or account unsuspended

B
9:59 am EDT

Ashley Madison - App and website

My account was possibly banned but my IP address was banned by Ashley Madison for no reason whatsoever no warning no explanation. I had no inappropriate encounters or conversations with anybody is not a fake profile or account in any way shape or form they were happy to take my money and now screw me over. I want all of my funds that I paid returned.

Desired outcome: Restore acct and funds un ban me

A
2:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sir/Ma'am,   I have written a total of 7 emails concerning this problem.  I hope I can get satisfaction here.  My problem is this.  I put my account on hold a few months ago.  My user name was TALLDARKANDHANDSOME.  My password was ILOVECOPS2.  I had a total of 43 credits at the time.  I opened a different account later and I got down to my last 9 credit...

W
7:04 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was suspended from using this dating site without giving any warnings. I contacted customer service and let them know I thought I recognized what the issue was. 1. I changed my ZIP Code because I read tips after I signed up it said never to use your exact location or birthday because people can hunt you down 2. After receiving 360 messages in 48 hour...

10:25 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - Suspended Account

I signed up for ashley madison on Friday night. After being active on the site for two days I was rerouted to login while messaging someone. When I logged back in, I was told my account has been temporarily suspended. Not sure why...what could I have done after two days? I emailed them immediately and auto reply says they'll get back to me in 3-5 days.

Desired outcome: Reactivate my account

2 comments
L
Sep 08, 2021 3:46 am EDT

I have the same experience!

Oct 13, 2021 1:44 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of Lys Dow

Me too.

I
3:14 am EDT

Ashley Madison - Banned

I spent almost 100 bucks for credits and a week later I get banned. Refund me my money. I did nothing wrong and you just stole my money basically. I'm not okay with this situation. Something needs to happen with this or I will intact someone to see the best way to get my money back. I've read online several reviews and you did the same thing to them. Stop scamming people.

Desired outcome: Refund.

A
11:18 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - My profile

My profile is unaccessible now and IP address banned. I paid for service, and was only seeking a woman for mutual pleasure. An investigation into claims would be nice. I wasted enough money on this site just having to wade through fakes and prostitutes and now to be kicked off with zero reason? It's very frustrating, and at least hope it's lookedat

Desired outcome: Reinstatement of profile

8:16 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - Suspension

Everyone just stay away from this site. It's seriously a waste of time. First your messages are never in any order, their all jumbled together randomly. Could be having a conversation with someone and refresh the page and you have to refund the thread in messages. On top of that they always temporarily suspends your account randomly when all your doing is chatting, than never responds to their emails. The site is a joke and at this point i'd rather just get them to delete my account than wait for them to get off their [censored] and fix their stupid issues.

11:02 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - My account was suspended

I signed up for Ashley Madison back in November of last year...I would sometimes hide my profile off and on the whole time I had been with Ashley Madison...I never did anything wrong, and was always respectful to the men who would contact me. Recently they suspended my account, and I emailed them and have not gotten a response, and I want answers and my account open immediately. They need to be exposed for this stuff they are doing. My account is associated with my email address: [protected]@twc.com

Desired outcome: I want my account immediately opened and them to explain why they did what they did.

1:57 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - Suspended with no explanation

Curious as to why I was suddenly suspended. It is strange as l couldn't reply to people from their messages they sent me on the site for a few months and then suddenly I can't access the site at all. I tried to contact the site directly before I was suspended and no one replied to me regarding my inability to reply to people.
Is this the way they do business?
It seems very unprofessional.

1 comment
W
Sep 11, 2021 6:46 am EDT

Exactly what happened to me. I did change my ZIP Code and my description a couple of times because I read reviews that so do not use your exact location or your exact birthdate for your protection. either that flagged my account or The fact that I was getting so many messages when I first signed up I could not reply to all of them. I felt bad for the real guys spending money and not hearing at least a thank you for looking at your profile. So on my profile I put in there but if you don’t include a picture and a bio I’m not going to respond I will assume it is a spam. if AM Did a better job of providing filters for women receiving messages, I wouldn’t have felt the need to do that. But I literally got 370 messages in three days. That’s a lot of money they made off these guys because I never got a chance to respond to more than 10%. It would be a full-time job

12:38 pm EDT

Ashley Madison - Suspended account

I created my first profile on July 21. That night, my account was temporarily suspended, no reason given. I sent a message to customer service. No response. On July 23 I created a new account and it was pending approval. I was receiving messages, but not able to respond. My session timed out and my new account was temporarily suspended. SO, I created another new account and it wouldn't even allow to to do that.

WTF?! I know I did nothing wrong. All I can think of is that some guy who felt burned because I wouldn't allow access to my private pics reported me for something false. OR - I was taking up all the attention from the other women. This site is proving to be a joke. However, the guys I talked to on the 14th had all already given me their Kik usernames, so the joke is on AM!

Desired outcome: Reinstate my original account.

U
6:23 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

AM has banned my IP address for absolutely no reason. Plus I have credits on the account. I was using it then I tried to log back on and it shows that I'm banned. I have lent done anything wrong. Please rectify this situation ASAP

Ashley Madison contacts