Ashley Furniturethey screw customers with hidden fees

Ashley furniture is eager to sell to people on credit. They make it sound easy, terms, etc. however when it is time to pay it is the most inconvenient payment process besides walking to the store and counting 300.00 in pennies. The stores won’t accept payments. There is no payment centre. There is no website on which to pay. You have 2 choices. mail a check, which they will tell you takes about 3 weeks to process; or, pay over the phone- which costs 15.00 EACH TIME. This is absurd, since the payment on my purchase was 18.00 a month. 15.00 To pay an 18.00 payment! And if you mail your check, which is guaranteed to be late-they charge 39.00 late fee! Talk about a rock or a hard place! This is why I will never shop there again. There is no reason to so brazenly screw customers that create the business in the first place!

Jon Self Jul 10, 2008

Betty, I agree with you completely. I've been paying on some furniture I bought from Ashley's for about 2 years now. All my other bills I pay online. I'm sure they do this because they can hook people with easy credit, knowing they'll make profit from phone payments and late fees. However...I've since learned to set my checking account to make payments for me. They're automatic payments that are sent as electronic checks. Its a free service from my bank. I recommend you look into it...it's saved me so much money in late fees and phone payments.

- J