ASC Warrantywon't cover new engine

I recently bought an 02 pontiac bonneville as is from a car lot and received an as warranty for 6 months / 6, 000 miles. Within 71 hours my engine spun a bearing and is useless and the whole engine nneds replaced. My mechanic called asc and they said it was wear and tear and not covered! Seriously! The first thing listed in the warranty for engines are bearings. It states no restriction at all for wear and tear or breakage. What a scam! I would never have bought this car if i knew this company was this deceitful. Now i am out $4, 000 and have no car with four kids to care for. Thanks as!

• Terry Small Feb 07, 2014

Update.

ASC paid for the repairs.

Terry Small

Sandman4414 Aug 09, 2013

I purchased it on Saturday. engine went out Tuesday. service agreement # B-1241858.

Sandman4414 Aug 08, 2013

my name is Chris sandlin. agreement number is...B-1241858. I purchased the vehicle on Saturday, August 3, 2013. my engine went out on me on Tuesday, about 71 hours after I took the car home. the dealer I bought it from...North Clinton Motors...in Ft. Wayne, IN...said it should be covered and when I told them that ASC wouldn't cover it, they told me I was on my own. you have to understand my frustration. I test drove the car for about 70 miles with no indication of any mechanical problems. bought it. 71 hours later left me and my family stranded while out of town. the warranty says it covers all the different bearings in an engine and that's what spun loose. how can I be accountable for that?

• Terry Small Aug 08, 2013

Sandman,

If you purchased the vehicle less than 71 hours ago we have most likely not received your service agreement. I would suggest you return the vehicle to whomever performed the pre purchase inspection to determine what happened. Please provide you name and agreement number so I research your account.

Terry Small