Ardent Property ManagementScam and cheating

A

Ardent is an unethical business. It will take advantage of tenants and drive up costs in addition to the deceptively low rent. Caveat Emptor: Tenants should avoid any property managed by Ardent. I represent many landlords and other property management companies. To date, I know of no company that is worse than Ardent Property Management.

Thus, prospective tenants should go elsewhere. Current tenants should leave at the first moment their lease ends. You can find ethical landlords and businesses around Columbus and its outlying suburbs that will treat you with respect as a valued customer.

The facts are telling - Ardent has had so many complaints against it filed with the Better Business Bureau based upon these unethical practices that it has stopped responding. The BBB can provide renters with information concerning the extent of Ardent's behavior, as well as point such renters in the right direction regarding ethical landlords/property management companies. Further, the Attorney General's Office has fielded similar complaints against Ardent. What more proof does one need?

• Do
    dont_ardent Feb 18, 2013

Interesting. I am having similar problems with Ardent. The apartment person TC is heartless! and refuses to help in any possible way. My mother died and my wife and I had to move into my fathers house to help out physically and financially. TC said that we would have to buy out the lease for $2, 000. We are not refusing to pay, but we do not have the $2, 000 needed within 10 days to buy out the lease. We tried to make partial payments, but TC refused to accept anything. TC. Tried to manipulate me and cut me off and hung up the phone multiple times.

TC we are willing to pay, but how many people who live in your mid-grade apartments can afford 2k in only 10 days. (be realistic! the majority of people are students in their 20's) Why won't you work with us?

I understand you are tying to get your money, so why would you want to pay more in court fees? This just doesn't make business sense.

Where can I find the complaints that the Attorney General filed against Ardent?