Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Public Transportation Amtrak Customer service and reservations amtrak. Pacific coast starline

Amtrak  - Customer service and reservations amtrak. Pacific coast starline

S
Author of the complaint
12:36 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I made at least four calls to customer service to make an ocean view reservation on a roomette from Los Angeles to Seattle for September. My calls began in early April. Each time I reinterated my question that my accomedations would be Pacific side and each time I was assured that it would be. When I had my trip completely arranged meeting my granddaughter's flight in Seattle and Hotel reservations, I called to pay for my trip. I asked yet again if my roomette would be on the ocean viewing side. I was told "no one can guarantee you that". Then I was told both sides of the roomette car could see the ocean which is impossible. I've been on the coast starlite before. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after two more loops through the phone system I was told supervisors dont call custmers or speak to them. I have traveled by Amtrak when ever I could for many years. Even on business trips I would check and see if there was a suitable Amtrak train and take an extra day of vacation or two to travel that way. I have introduced all of my grandchildren to Amtrak in an effort to be sure the system never dies and support legistaltion to subsidize Amtrak. I was trying to recreate a trip I had made with my now deceased husband many years before. We had made reservations to do it again when he died suddenly. I found the employees in customer service totally insensitive to their own errors and somewhat arrogant and I had numerous encounters so I do have a base to judge from. To be assured of an ocean view I would have had to double the price and I really didn't want a bedroom. I wanted the roomette I had been repeatedly promised. It was how we had traveled before. I chose this trip over a luxury canadian rail trip and I'm highly disappointed. I'm left with a granddaughter I don't want to diasappoint that was to meet me in Seattle and the broken promise by Amtrak with a "take it or leave it attitude". I truly feel there was something that could be done if I had been able to speak to someone. Its may be a small thing to others but it was important to me and I was repeatedly given bad information. Now I must decide in 2 days what to do. I am accustomed to Amtrak being late, climbing the stairs and stshing my own baggage. These things are part of it. I am not accustomed to being given really bad info and no one taking responsibilty. Being unable to talk to a supervisor pretty much made me nuts.

Helpful? 0 0

More Amtrak complaints & reviews

Amtrak - lost luggage - no recourse
Amtrak - tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar
Amtrak - disrespect
Amtrak - refund policy: no rules
Amtrak - bad ride, food, service
0 comments