Complaints & Reviews

passport to health!

My elderly Mom says she never signed up for this service yet she has been charged 29.90 every month for over a year for something she never used or agreed to purchase!

We have contacted the credit card company but they cannot refund her because AMK Essentials shows an actual account was setup, which is ridiculous. Once we realized what AMK Essentials was I called and cancelled it right away.

This is elderly abuse. My Mom doesn't have enough money to pay her real bills let alone a scam! We want her money refunded and will go to a lawyer if we have to. You should be ashamed.

Her name is Jacqueline Mustone
214 Arboretum way
Burlington, MA 01803

duplicate order and double billing

I placed an order for Christmas and Amerimark/Anthony Richards put through the order twice under different...

money order sent to company

On, or about 12/5/2017, I sent a money order to the company for goods. Although I have credit with thi...

unauthorized credit card charges

Mauricio Sampedro 12/12/2017 12/13/2017 Amk*amerimark Direct No 0.00 60.98 Mandatory Code Missing Approval...

shipping charge

Catalogue has stamped all over it that the shipping is free from this catalogue. Order form also says free...

giving out credit card info

I ordered a couple of pairs of shoes from Amerimark last year (lousy they were too, fell apart), and got...

false billing

I did not order any thing but was charged this:

AMK*IDSA AMERIMARK DI [protected] OH 09/04 $19.95
They don;t resond to emails.

• Si
    Simon45 Jul 22, 2017

I receive a charge from these people for just under $99z
    Not sure how they got my credit card details.

Never ordered or heard of them.
    Beware this is a scam site.

• Cm
    cmagnum Dec 20, 2017

I noticed this charge also. I believe this is how a company called ID Sentinel has been billing me for ID protection that I did not sign up for. I got a letter from them today stating that I had been a member since November 2016, but they would refund my money and cancel this account.

Trickery

I ordered two dresses from Anthony Richards, and the pop-up lead me to believe that I could get free S&H. By the time I realized what was going on, I had a "free" offer for a month, but would be charged over $10.00 a month automatically to my credit card every month thereafter. What a come-on. I don't order anything every month. Secondly the dresses I ordered and received were of poor quality and the color of one was no where near the catolog illustration. To add insult to injury, I got a phone call from someone associated with them who wanted me to read all about discounted health insurance, and would not take NO for an answer. Now I can't figure out how to cancel the blooming Insiders Club. What a racket.

Unauthorized charges on debit card

While going over my mother's finances I noticed several automatic monthly debit transactions payable to "AMK*PTH ESSENTIALS" in the amount of $29.99. The charge was for a membership in something called "PASSPORT TO HEALTH." This is apparently some type of "reduced fee" service if you use providers within their plan. Upon questioning my mother, she said that whereas she had ordered something from one of the AMERIMARK subsidiary companies, she did not sign up for membership in Passport to Health and did not authorize them any debit transactions other than what was needed to pay for her one-time purchase. I called Passport to Health and was able to cancel her membership via their automated system, and was told they would refund the most recent debit. I have not yet spoken to a human being at this company, so I don't know if I will be able to recover the money from prior months.
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST COMPLAINT OF THIS NATURE AGAINST THE COMPANY. PEOPLE: DO NOT BUY FROM ANY COMPANY WITH THE NAME "AMK*PTH ESSENTIALS", "AMERIMARK" OR "PASSPORT TO HEALTH"' BECAUSE THE MINUTE THEY GET HOLD OF YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD NUMBER THEY WILL BEGIN TAKING YOUR MONEY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION.

• Radicalreels Jan 20, 2011

What a Scam! They got me through Carol Wright Gifts... They said "THEY" called me to ask if I was happy with my order. They said it was then I agreed to this Passport to Heath crap. NO NO NO! I did not! They took the money out of my card without my knowledge! This happened in October they say, but they stole 29.99 dollars yesterday! Carol Wright Seems to be in on the Scam, because they both people I talked with were very rude!
    THIS IS A BIG SCAM!

• Ba
    Backfence Jun 19, 2011

I am dealing with the same thing. And just try to find contact information! This seems ripe for a class action lawsuit.

janis miller May 15, 2015

I totally agree the question is what can we do?

• Cz
    Czillag Nov 03, 2015

This happened to me, the same crap 'Passport To Health' through Carol Wright. You know what you need to do--you have to call Carol Wright
    and tell them that you want a full refund and they'll do it. They'll even tell you how much *they* owe YOU. I just called my credit card company and
    told them to expect the credit for $719.00. Call Carol Wright Gifts at: 800-345-5866. They'll process your refund.

unauthorized charges on VISA

I just took over finances for my elderly mother (Emma J. Hayes) and discovered that she had been paying $29.90 a month to belong to a discount pharmacy "club". I called them and asked to terminate the service IMMEDIATELY, which they did. I asked them on the phone if my mother had ever availed herself of the service and was told that she had never used it. Later I asked my mother what she knew about the service and she told me that she had never authorized this company to charge her VISA card and had never agreed to use the service. Granted, my mom should have been watching her VISA bill more closely, but when she tells me that she never authorized those charges, I believe her. I am attempting to get this company to return her money.

Pat Waters

• De
    DEBBIE RUTHERFORD Mar 25, 2010

ON 02/10/10, I ORDERED 60.00 WORTH OF PRETTY COSTUME JEWELRY FROM THE WINDSOR COLLECTION MAGAZINE FOR MY LITTLE GIRL'S BIRTHDAY. YESTERDAY, A 29.99 CHARGE HIT MY VISA ACCOUNT FOR SOMETHING CALLED "PASSPORT TO HEALTH" MEMBERSHIP. COMPLETELY UNAUTHORIZED! THE REPRESENTATIVE WHO PLACED MY JEWELRY ORDER TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO UP HIS COMMISSION BY SIGNING ME UP WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AND, BY GOD, DON'T GIVE THEM ANY DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!
    I'VE NOTIFIED THE BBB AND OUR LOCAL STATE'S ATTORNEY. HOPEFULLY, I'LL GET MY MONEY BACK. DEBBIE

• Ti
    tiaza Mar 09, 2011

The same thing happened to me! I could not figure out what the $29.99 charge was for every month. I finally got rid of them.

• Ad
    Adette D. Dizon Apr 13, 2016

I went to a Mike Relax Foot Massage located at 5226 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027 with telephone numbers (323) 666-1216 for a foot massage. I gave him my debit card when I paid and the next thing I saw on my card's transaction was this AMK Essentials 8008308471 OH for two transactions. One for a buck and the other transaction is for ten dollars, a total of eleven dollars.

LIED TOO

found out today that your company is very misleading in how it honors there word my family an i wont be...

Anthony Richards

This site sent me a spam mail stating that I owed over $200 worth of clothing and accessories. I never...

Unauthorized charges

My sister and I have recently taken over our elderly parents' finances. Our mother had ordered some cream for $35.99 from this company late last year. While going through their credit card statements, we noticed a reoccurring charge from them. Upon investigation, we were told it was for their Passport to Health Club. My mother does not remember agreeing to joining this club, and received nothing for 'being a member'. The charges added up to more than $800!!! Fortunately, Citibank reimbursed that amount.

Today, (April, 2009) I received a bill from them for the original cream! The note says, 'Dear Customer, We have received a copy of your complaint from your credit card company concerning the products you have ordered from our company that was charged to your account. Your credit card company has retrieved the disputed amount and therefore, credited your account. Our records show merchandise was shipped to you on 11/21/08. You now have a balance due, please send payment of $35.99, by check, money order, or credit card. For questions concerning this balance you may contact Customer Service at 1/[protected].

Resolved charges on credit card

SEVERAL CHARGES ON MY DISCOVER CARD AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS FOR? AND THEY ARE NOT FOR THE SAME...

Resolved It takes to get 7 day shipping offer

Ordered a product 12/18/2006. Their site advertises a 7-10 business day shipping guarantee. When I called today [protected]), they are telling me that they have until 01/09/07 because their contract with the post office is for 15 business days, not the 7-10 days that they advertise. I still have not received my product. They think it is acceptable to take a month to get it after a 7 day shipping offer.