AmeriCreditFraud and scam!

My car was stolen in May 2007 I made my payments to Americredit for three months that is how long it took my insurance company to make there payment I stop making my payment 3 months without making a payment for fighting gap to Americredit reported a charge-off on my account 3 days after reporting a charge off Americredit received the final payment from Gap. While wait the 3 months Americredit received 2 payment of cancellation payment of warranties they reported over 180 days of none payment without even asking a dime from me but telling me Gap is going to. When I asked about the charge off I was told I only owe them $500 they refuse to make correction to my credit report. This company is the lowest and I must say beware of them!!!

• Sp
    Speak English May 03, 2008

Speak English or go back to school

• Sp
    Speak English May 03, 2008

right on

• Lc
    lckkruse Feb 10, 2011

I've had a similar experience... my car was totalled out by another driver. The insurance company paid the value of my car (because the dealer didn't offer let alone explain gap coverage on my 1st and only lease) I then worked with americredit and agreed to pay the remaining 5000.00 over a 23mos period w/no interest. I then proceeded to make payments more than the minimum due and have now paid it off 4mos. early. Today I received a notice from my credit card company stating I have a serious delinquency on my credit report and will subsequently be charged a $59 annual fee. When I inquired about it they stated that there was a charge off on my credit report from americredit/gm leasing dating back to with in 2 weeks from the day that my leased car was totalled. As of right now I have no Idea what to do because I have already paid them in full(which i have yet to receive a p.i.f. letter) and now have a charge off on my credit report dropping me some 200pts. Does anyone else see anything wrong with what americredit has done and is doing? Please help me.

• Mi
    miss heather Apr 06, 2013

Mines a little different, americredit told the irs that they sent us a check for over 6 grand and know the irs want over 3 grand. They are saying that we didnt claim that as income. I know one thing if I got that much back from a bank I would through a party, and this is on our 2011 taxes. I didnt think the irs would be dumb enough to fall for it, and I don't think they are in business for collected debt other then theirs.