AmeriCreditAuto Payment

H

I have had my loan with americredit since 2005. I baught a brand new 2005 Mazda. Since then till now I have worked hard to get my credit back to good standing as it used to not be the best (Thus why my loan got taken by Americredit and not a real lender).

I have been making small extra payments on my car since 2005 no problem. have a 20k loan down to around 6-7k right now. I sent them a check for right around $2064.00. I contacted a Customer Service rep before hand and was assured. I was due for Aug payment so 421.86 woudl go towards August payment. the remaining 1642.14 would be applied to the principal.

All was good, Then I notice they applied the entire amount to principal. Which I know, in the long run really helps me and does nothing for Americredit. Gets me out of their grimey grips faster. But of that 2064, 421 was for my August payment. I thought "No big deal, I was assured it would be applied correctly and is an easy fix to have re applied either way".

Called them up after several email attempts got ignored. I was told they would not re apply the funds. I am not late for August payment that was due on Aug. 6th. I was told it is against their policy to re apply teh funds and that when you send in a large amount it always go's to principal. They also told me that no-one in their office told me it would be applied that way and that me telling them a lie like that would not get it done that way.

I'm all for paying the loan off sooner and I know all to prin. helps me in the long run. But I do not have the money to make Aug payment now because that was included with my large payment I made. I don't have 421.86 do make Aug payment.

They refuse to make the payment. I have even gone to the BBB in Forth Worth with no luck. They gave the same generic answer "we will not re apply the funds to suite you". Even if it is policy they least they can do since I was told it would be applied correctly (one month payment with extra to prin.). They can at least do it as a courtesy and next time I know to make my payment THEN send the extra after it's been applied as opposed to sending it in one lump sum together.. Nope.

They have treated me like garbage. A rep has outright called me a liar about being told it would be applied to Aug due and the rest to prin. Hell, It's my money. They refuse to even refund it back to me even.

I don't want to be a customer of Amercredit anymore then they want me as a customer apparntly. I advise NO-ONE do business with them. This company, and other lenders with the same poor buisness practises are the reason so many hard working Americans are in so much financial trouble right now.

Instead of treating me like a deadbeat customer who doesn't pay his bills. Treat me with some respect since I've done it in return with making every payment on time since 2005 and maknig small extra payments which have never had a problem being applied correctly then (even though they was done online and this incident was sent as a check).

Amercredit is a horrible horrible company. They have horrible buisness practises and they treat their good customers worse them most collection agencies treat the deadbeats they try to collect money from.

I plan on refinancing out of this bank now that my credit as improves and Just want to let everyone know.

IF YOU PAY MORE TO PRINCIPAL ALONG WITH THE MONTHLY DUE.. NO NOT DO IT ALL TOGETHER.. FIRST PAY THE MONTH DUE. THEN WAIT FOR IT TO POST AND CLEAR.. THEN SEND IN YOUR EXTRA PINCIPAL PAYMENT..

Otherwise they will do what they did to me.

The last email I got was from Cassie Neighbors in the Legal Department of Amercredit who pretty much told me that I need to contact Collections or they will submit the file to have my car repossesed since Aug payment is not made.. The payment that was due 4 days ago. The payment that was already made with a $2, 064 check of my hard earned money.

Thank you Americredit for taking food from my kids mouth. Since I have no choice but to do something to make this payment do avoid my car being taken since I need that to get to work.

• Pe
    PENNY TOW Jul 13, 2010

They did the same thing to me. I keep paying my payments but... my balance never goes down. When I call them I just get a response that is uncalled for and never answers my question. No one is every available besides the umknowledgable person on the phone.

You are right this is a horrible company. FOR ANYONE THAT IS TRYING TO BUY A CAR, DO NOT PURCHASE THE CAR IF THE LOAN IS WITH AMERICREDIT. WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN GET A REAL BANK TO FINANCE YOUR LOAN!!! YOU CAN NEVER GET OUT FROM UNDER THEM AND THEIR UNETHICAL WAYS.

• Un
    unsatified reliable customer Aug 23, 2011

Americredit! What a joke! I have been a great customer for over 5 years, payments ON TIME...NOT ONCE LATE!!! I am trying to get a business loan and needed them to send me a payment history. I call and ask for the documents and they tell me that it takes 10-14 days before I received them...Long story short...It has been over three weeks now and I still DO NOT HAVE MY PAPERS! I have called the so called "customer service" for the past week asking where and when did they send these documents (THAT BELONG TO ME)? They claim that they had sent them over a week ago through the postal service and they have no control over what the postman does...THEY ARE LYING! DOES IT SERIOUSLY TAKE OVER A WEEK TO GET A LETTER FROM TEXAS TO OHIO? HELL NO! I receive packages from all over the country...PACKAGES, I say and it has never taken a week to arrive!! The Americredit customer service department has treated me like I'm a deadbeat and a loafer as well as talk to me as though I have never made payments. They ignore questions, constantly interrupt, are disrespectful, and could really give 2 ### about helping anyone! They are just like so many other loan company's TAKE TAKE TAKE and never give you what you ask for as well as "PLAY f*%*ING stupid" when you ask for a simple task to be done. IT's amazing how smart they are when it comes to stealing and pilfering your money. NOTE: To anyone who is desperate or otherwise...never ever go with this company because they will treat you as the common criminal and KEEP all of your money no matter how good or bad you are as a customer!

Nomorehasslle2012 Jun 19, 2012

People instead of going through all this, since you've paid your account on time and never failed. you always have the option to refinance with another lender and get out of this Company. Just make sure you do not bad mouth them with your new lender. Or they will say "If that's the way he or she thinks of previous bank, What will they say about us". Once the consun=mer has paid their accounts good with Americredit the consumer has the right to re-finance with whom ever they want.