American Signature Firniturebad service

L

My husband and I purchased a leather sofa and chair from American Signature in Sept. 2010. At the time of purchase we were talked into purchasing an extra warranty that cost about $150.00. We were told that the warrenty would cover rips tares to the leather.

About a month after purchase we noticed the leather on the arm of the sofa had begun to pull aprt at the seam. I called the warrenty company and they said it sound like a manufacturers deffect to them so they would not cover the repair.

We called back to the store. They told us to bring the sofa back and they would fix the problem within 72 hours. 4 days later we had to call them only to be told that someone in the repair department would call us back. This continued over the next 2 days with no call back.

I finally contacted the store manager only to be told that they could not fix my sofa. That the rip was more than 1 inch from the seam and if they did fix it it would not look very good. This was a lie because the damage was directly on the seam. When I asked if they could just replace the entire piece of leather on the arm I was told it would be to hard to match the leather so they couldn't do it.

I finally had to get my sofa and take it to another repair store to be fixed.