American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]air conditioner not working properly

A Aug 10, 2018 Review updated:

Summer of 2017 my a/c was acting up & AHS had to send the same contractor out to supposedly fix my problem & in the end they said I just needed Freon & filled it at my expense. On 8/7/18 my a/c started the same symptoms as last summer-not going below 86 & I live where it 100+ daily & my 70 yr old mother lives with me. I did an on-line service request on 8/7/18 and on 8/8/18 I was on the phone w/AHS many times which took up my whole day because they continued to give me the bottom of the barrel companies which two of them could not come out for a week. The 7th company they attempted to get a hold of was a reputable contractor and wasn't returning their calls so I contacted him myself and he told me that he refused to do business with AHS because he was tired of them denying work for customers and would try and only replace parts here and there which wouldn't fix the problems. I went on-line to see my service request status in the evening on 8/9/18 and it showed that I had no active service requests. I called the customer service number and waited on-hold for over 30 minutes (usual waiting time) to find out why I had no active service requests to only be told that my service request was cancelled without any reason documented. Not sure how a company can treat its customers like this for as much $$ that you pay to them.

marni yeates Sep 12, 2018

Sounds like the same issue I am having with my HVAC! I refile the claim and the contractor has not shown up in days... Bell Cow Services and then they submit that it is closed. I have filed 6 claims in 2 days and still no contractor, no AC and AHS has not responded to my complaints. Breach of contract and the contractor is falsifying completeness of work which I have made them aware. NO HELP!