American Frieght Furniture/Simmons Leather Living Room SetLying manager, no furniture nor a refund

This Company is a rip off. I really don't know why the law is allowing them to stay in business with so many complaints. I brought (paid for) furniture from them about two and a half weeks ago. I paid them $100.00 to hold the furniture in the store..I called them one week later and told them I will be in in one more week. I asked the guy if they could hold the furniture until then, he said "sure, no problem". Exactly one week later my wife went in and paid in full for the furniture about $1, 400.00. After she paid them, the salesman then told her they had to order the furniture and it would be in in a week. She called me livid. I called the store and was told they could not hold furniture and the furniture would be in in one week. Well, its been two almost three weeks and no furniture. Somehow, someone must do something about this company...I think Channel 9 news, channel 2 news, channel 4 news and any other news agency need to be notified. How can a company continue to rip off consumers and get away with it. The person I talked with name is Chris (at least that is what he said his name was). We need to bombard the BBB with calls and letters about them and the State Attorney's Office. I personnally will be visiting the BBB and the State Attorney's Office tomorrow 3/16/10 with my complaint and charges of fraud against the person who took my money and did not give my wife what we paid for.

Richard

• Mr
    Mr fantastic Apr 02, 2012

Here's an idea, don't buy cheap junk off an even cheaper trashier retailer. You get what you pay for, service wise and product wise.

• Am
    american freight Sep 01, 2011

And i forgot to mention that our layaway policy which every customer signs also states that once an item is paid for we are required to have the merchandise no later than four weeks from the date of the final payment. And the last time i checked three weeks is less than four. Have a nice day

• Am
    american freight Sep 01, 2011

The layaway policies posted all over the counter and clearly stated on the receipts clearly state that the deposit on a layaway locks in the current price it does not hold the merchandise in the store until it is paid for at which time we can hold it as long as you need. It would be phisically impossible to hold every peice of furniture on every layaway in the store. Furthermore we are the only furniture company that promises same day delivery and does everything in our power to stick to that promise. I challenge anyone to got to any other store and get the quality and price that you do through us along with reasonably priced same day delivery on all in stock items.

Cheryl Manns Apr 12, 2010

Same thing happening with my husband and me. Paid for Simmons leather sectional and they loaded up one and after getting it home it was not the one we had special ordered. Now it is sitting in plastic in my livingroom and they said they had to reorder the correct one. Well two weeks later and we keep getting the run around with them saying that it is on the next truck, well 2 trucks later and still no sectional and they still haven't picked up the wrong one. At this point I just want a refund. I would never go to this furniture store again. Lonnie is the one who told us that he called the home office and they would have our correct furniture on the very next truck. I believe they are just leading us around now and we have NO furniture and NO money...this place totally sucks and I will be contacting the BBB and Atty General, consumers should not have to put up with this type of Devious business., ...