American Family Insurance — CREDIT BASED INCREASES--AMERICAN FAMILY
I would like to file a complaint against American Family Insurance and their practice of using Credit Based Insurance rate increases. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and I've only had a hail damage claim, no accidents, and no tickets or other violations. I do not have gaps in coverage and I have always paid my premiums. I feel like the law is allowing insurance companies to take advantage of people like me who have low credit scores by charging higher premiums. My credit was affected when I became disabled and was no longer able to work. It took 2 years before I started receiving disability income so I had no way to pay my bills. I am not a 'high-risk' driver, I only drive within a 6 mile range of my home, and that is only to go to the closest Wal-Mart once or twice a month. The rest of my driving is within less than one mile from my home. I only put about [protected] miles on my car per YEAR. I have no negative driving record. I only had 2 tickets when I was 16--20 years ago! Believe me, I paid for those tickets in high premiums back then. I feel that it is totally unethical to charge insured customers like me a higher rate suddenly and charge me with being 'high-risk' when I have done nothing to ever deserve that label. I pay all of my bills on time and in full every month and I have nothing negative on my credit showing otherwise for any period in the past several years after my disability. This issue of using a credit score to raise my rates is ridiculous and considering that I live on $1, 000 a month, paying extra insurance is not conducive to making it easier to pay bills and have good credit!
More American Family Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- American Family Insurance - They do not pay for roof damage ever
- American Family Insurance - Uncooperative and uncaring company!
- American Family Insurance - Claims
- American Family Insurance - Scam and cheating
- American Family Insurance - ignorant company
- American Family Insurance - Trying to avoid paying my claim
- American Family Ins - Insurance coverage - What insurance Coverage?
- American Family Insurance - unwarranted rate increase
- American Family Insurance Group - american family insurance
- American Family Insurance - Denial of Hail Insurance Claim