American Expressfalse advertising

G

Numerous complaints:
1) travel website does not allow you to reserve more than one round trip. Creates problem when you need flights within a trip. Can not get promised double points for booking on line. 2) amex travel agent was rude, rushed and sent us to a horrible hotel. Immediately went to another hotel in the uk in a bad neighborhood because the international tele number on my card was not able to assist me! (A service I pay extra for) 3) I was mugged in uk, lost all cash and 2 amex cards, called amex they could not relace my card for 7-10 days!!! Said I could take a taxi to the airport ($75.00 taxi ride) with having no cash and get emergenct funds. I spend 2 hours on the phone begging them to understand I had no money, no drivers license and no credit cards! I only carried amex because of the sense of security that came with my $150.00 card fee per year. 4) most businesses in the uk refuse to take amex for purchases.

My trip was ruined due to amex.