American Eagle Outfittersembarrassed and humiliated in the store

T

I am filing a complaint regarding the manager on duty on Sunday, July 2nd at American Eagle Gloucester Premium Outlet in Blackwood NJ. I was at the cashier paying for my items, with my husband and 15year old daughter. My husband asked first the cashier if we can apply for the credit card, because she didn't even ask us. So she just said yes. While processing my credit card appln, I noticed the cashier talking on her headset. Then the Manager came. Pointblank, the Manager, pointing her finger on me and asked confidently infront of so many customers " Did you take off the tag of your shirt?"...I was shocked! I said what are you talking about? I was wearing this shirt when I came in. She said 2 people told her that they saw me in the fitting room. I never used the fitting room. And yes, I was wearing an American Eagle shirt, and I showed her the bag, I bought another one, same style but different color. My husband was very furious. I asked her who are those people, she said she can't tell me. There are security cameras, did she even bother to check it first before humiliating me in front of so many customers? If she confronted me in a nice, respectful way I will never reach out to you. My husband confronted the manager when she walked to the other cashier. She's didn't even looked apologetic. 3 Cashiers are shaking their heads, not sure if its because of me or because of the manager. I was humiliated, embarrassed. I called Customer relations dept, she gave her name as Lisa. She said she will reach out to the branch and head or whoever. She asked for my address to send coupons. Those coupons will not stop us. If you are not going to do anything about this, we will file a lawsuit, Slander, Defamation. Show us the security camera to prove that I shoplifted. And I am not stupid! If I took and wore that shirt intentionally, why would I still show my face in front of so many people! We are not stopping until you do something about this. By the way, I regret not asking the name of the manager. But when I got home, I called the branch. I asked for the manager and the person on the other line said she is the manager. She said her name is Dee Sharp. This happened last July 2nd, Sunday around 3:00pm. We will be waiting for your response. Thank you.