Complaints & Reviews

no delivery after payment by credit card

Ambientedirec.com not reliable at all ! Placed order the 31 of march 2010, a table and 2 chairs 914, 00 eur! They took the money on 13 of april. I never received anything. They don't answer to my emails. I informed my credit card company and wait for some solution. Don't do business with those people!

• Ya
    YanS Jul 15, 2011

Ambient Direct has contracted with Trusted Shop.
    I've got in touch with Trusted Shop ([email protected]) and asked us for some help. They are doing a pretty good job.
    Be aware that AmbientDirect.com has to fully reimburse you in case of error (this is part of the contract with Trusted Shop)

livraison

Je viens de commander une table chez Ambiente Direct, mais le transporteur refuse de la monter à l'étage parce que l'expéditeur n'a payé la livraison que jusque devant la porte de l'immeuble. Contacté, Ambiente Direct refuse de payer la différence et me laisse avec une table de quarante kilos quatre étages plus bas. Or, c'est assez cocasse, mais si je refuse le meuble il me faudra néanmoins payer les frais de livraison... Je dénonce ces abus qui profitent de l'incrédulité du client et de ces vendeurs qui n'annoncent pas la couleur au départ, laissant le soin aux clients de se débrouiller avec le transporteur. Je précise que celui-ci demande 135%u20AC de plus... :-C
Je précise n'avoir jamais auparavant eu ce genre de souci avec aucun autre fournisseur choisi sur Internet.

terrible service / constant lies

Placed order with AmbienteDirect November 1 2009 for 1 x Porsche Kettle and 1 x Porsche coffee maker, total value with delivery €329.56 which was taken from my account on Novemeber 1.

Was told after placing the order that 1 item was out of stock, delivery time 2 weeks which was acceptable.

Phoned the company almost daily since November 20, each time was told the item has been dispatched and a promise of email confirmation which never arrived.

Phone the company daily in December, rude service same message, asked for a refund they refused. December 14th asked to speak to the general manager was refused point blank, was then given a tracking number for DHL, this is non existent, was then told the shipper was GLS this was not true either.

Please do not do business with this company, they are rude, they tell lies and fail to meet any promises and refuse to manage incidents.

Next step legal action and inform credit card company the transaction was fraudulent as they have failed to provide goods paid for.

charlotte_jnsun May 10, 2010

Placed order the 31 of march 2010, a table and 2 chairs 914, 00 eur! They took the money on 13 of april. Like this person who complained here, I never received anything. They don't answer to my emails. I informed my credit card company and wait for some solution. Don't do business with those people!

broken and missing table top never replaced, no refund

Buyers and potential buyers please be alerted! I purchased a Knoll Tulip marble table end of Jan 2009 for more than Euro 5, 490+ from this German retailer Ambientedirect.com. and it said it took 4 to 6 week to arrive. After continuous tracing, it said the marble top was broken so it would have to re-order. 3 months have passed and when I finally finished renovation and moved into my new flat, nothing has happened. In May after frequent phones and email tracing, finally it arrived on May 25th, which was 5 good months after I placed the order. However, the parcel was severely damaged. Hong Kong Post Office conducted a on site inspection and found out that "the packing materials used were not adequate to protect the contents against any unavoidable friction or shock during the course of transmission through the post. On the other hand, the missing part of the marble table (top) could not be retrieved at our concerned section."

After dozens of email correspondences and phone calls, the company's attitude was consistently "non-responsive, not responsible, no accountability and DELAY". It seems that the inter communication was nonexistent either. Neither was there a management on top of the situation, nor did anyone have any idea or at least cared about what happened.

Their most frequent responses were "We'll get back to you soon" or "We'll call you tomorrow." but tomorrow often translated to days, if not weeks, and most of the time, with absolutely no response at all.

Ambientedirect has promised to take back the crap table base under my strong demonstration, but it took more than 6 weeks, only after I told them I'll post the story over the complaint board and file official dispute with Knoll did they begin to move. The coordination with DHL was a nightmare too. I had someone waiting at home for the pick up, but no one showed up and when we called DHL, Ambiente did not inform them about the shipment at all! Therefore, I had to call Ambiente again to "remind" them to instruct DHL to schedule the pick-up. Finally, this morning the crap table base was picked up and returned to Germany. They promised to give the money back on the day of the pick up, but not surprisingly, nothing happened.

I placed the order at the beginning of 2009, and now the year was half over, my new home finished, I moved in, and yet the dining table that I spent a good fortune for never arrived. And worst off, I had wasted so much energy and precious time on negotiating for something that should've been done professionally. It's like a horror movie replaying itself for 6 months!

I think potential buyers should be alerted and highly discouraged to shop anything from this vendor. It is not trust worthy, not professional the least and they conducted business in a very dishonest way.

Funny, they have been advertising as Europe's leading supplier of modern home living and furniture. If this is true, I really worry about Europe or Germany whatever it meant. I hope this is a company specific event.

• Th
    thomas engstrom Oct 27, 2009

i fully agree with the complaints posted.
    i ordered 3 raimond lamps of total over 4000 eur to be delivered but has never got any delivery info.
    after several requests i get an email back asking me to send a copy of my passport and credit card, for security reasons. this smells like a scam operation.
    it is not well over 4 weeks and still no info or communication from the company.
    i am contacting my lawyer in germany.

My advice is DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY - it looks like a scam operation or extremely badly managed.
    thomas engstrom
    singapore

charlotte_jnsun May 10, 2010

Resolved do not use

On June 22, 2008 I have placed an order for a Fuschia 3 lamp, for a total of Eur 432. According to Ambientedirect website, the lamp was supposed to be delivered within 2 or 3 days.

The item I have received about a month later (not 3 days!) was broken and thus I returned it back to ambientedirect.de and asked to be refund or a replacement.

Ever since, I haven't got any compensation or replacement. I would like to report this problem and alert possible buyers. Ambientedirect is not a good place to buy, do not use their website.

• Ts
    Tsunamigirl Apr 07, 2011

Have ordered a table lamp from them which eas supposed to be delievered within 3 weeks - after not receiving it we contacted the company by e-mail but did not receive any response for another 3 weeks. When we called them to notify them of our intent to cancel the order since they did not deliver it and have no idea when they actually will, they told us we could not cancel since it e was a special order and therefore cannot be cancelled. So here we were - no lamp and no way to cancel !!!
    After a total of 10 weeks the lamp finally arrived.
    I definitely would not do business with this outfit again.

• Mo
    Monah Jun 17, 2011

I had a similar experience with Ambiente Direct. A table ordered in December was eventually delivered in February - but was damaged. Several months of e-mailing and phone calls failed to produce a replacement and I finally cancelled the order. As I had paid with a credit card, I was able to recover the amount paid. Beware of Ambiente Direct!

Mattty Jun 05, 2012

I can confirm the experience made by Castor. I ordered on May 5th 2012, stools that were labeled as "on stock". However, on June 5th they still had not delivered my order. I tried to contact them by email. No reply. I then started to post comments on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000238466784#!/AmbienteDirect
    ... bingo: after 5 minutes I received an email stating that the stools are NOT on stock. I then immediately cancelled my order and asked for a refund. I'll have to wait and see whether they refund me.
    !! Put these guys under pressure and post on their facebook-page !!

• After waiting for over 4 months to receive an item which listed in stock and was supposed to arrive within three weeks we found that the item ( a lamp which clamps on to a table or shelf) arrived without the clamp. The clamp took another 6 weeks to arrive - during all these weeks no communication was initiated by Ambiente and our e-mails were left unanswered. The only time we received any info was when the lamp and later the clamp were actually sipped and they sent us the tracking number for the packages.
    Stay away from this outfit !!!

broken item never replaced

On March 27, 2017 I have placed an order for a Frank Gehry Ultra Cube by Heller, with this retailer for a...